Down on the Farm: Team Histographic #1

Pre-turn Wake the slaves and the catapult underneath the knight regiment and move them underneath the muskets.

1-660 AD
3/3 musket attacks our 1/5 cav and wins, wounding to 2/3 (155-51).
001 army-army. 002 cav-cav. 006 cav-cav. 016 musket-musket. 052 settler-settler. 2 resistors quelled in 069 and then it riots. Luxs. back to 70% again.
5/5 shooter picks off 4/4 Bab knight wounding to 4/5 (156-51).
5/5 shooter picks off 4/4 Persian longbowman, wounding to 3/5 (157-51).
Buy settler in 062.
4/4 shooter picks off 4/4 Persian longbowman (158-51).
4/4 shooter defeats 3/3 spear in Merv wounding to 2/4 (159-51).
4/4 shooter defeats 2/3 Bab musket no damage (160-51).
Found 071-settler.

2-670 AD Russians boot us. 062 settler-aqueduct. 066 settler-aqueduct.
4/4 shooter shoots down 3/3 longbowman (161-51).
4/4 shooter shoots down 3/3 pike at Izibia (Persian) wounding to 1/4 (162-51).
5/5 shooter retreats vs. 3/3 pike at Izibia wounding it to 2/3.
5/5 shooter defeats 2/3 pike at Izibia wounding to 2/5 (163-51). Maya raze Izibia.
4/4 shooter defeats 3/3 musket/settler pair wounding to 3/4 (164-51).
14/17 2nd cavalry regiment defeats 4/4 musket at Eridu, no damage (165-51).
14/17 2nd cavalry regiment defeats 4/4 musket at Eridu wounding to 12/17 (166-51).
12/17 1st cavalry regiment defeats 3/3 musket at Eridu without wounding (167-51). Maya raze Eridu.
Disband 3 slaves so Hammy doesn't snatch them. Sell harbor in 025. Buy cav in 063.

3-680 AD Persian longbow attacks 2 (or 3)/5 cav which retreats. 3/3 Persian longbow defeats 3/4 cav (167-52). Bab longbow loses to a cav of ours (168-52). Persia lands 3 immortals near 067. 063-cav-cav. 005 cav-cav.
4/4 shooter (the one I bought) defeats 4/4 immortal wounding to 1/4 (169-52).
Knight regiment moves to defend every important 061. Gift 067 to the Russians.
4/4 shooter defeats 4/4 Persian longbow wounding to 2/4 (170-52).
Rename new 16/16 cavalry army Phantom Regiment.
4/4 shooter defeats 3/3 spear in Merv (171-52).
3rd cavalry regiment defeats 3/3 spear in Merv (172-52). Maya capture Merv.
Buy settler in 047. Found 072-settler... too many mountains nearby.

4-690 Persians capture (Russian) 067. Resistance in Merv ends. 047 settler-settler.
Germans start Bach's. Found 073-settler.
12/17 2nd cavalry regiment defeats 4/4 musket in Babylon, wounding to 7/17 (173-52). It runs to 073 to heal.
12/17 1st cavalry regiment defeats 4/4 musket in Babylon, wounding to 7/17 (174-52). It also runs to 073 to heal.
4/4 shooter loses to 3/3 musket near 073 wounding it to 1/3 (174-53).
2nd cavalry regiment finishes off 1/3 musket (175-53). Disband 3 out of place slaves.
13/13 1st knight regiment defeats 4/4 immortal (176-53) without wounding.
13/13 1st knight regiment defeats 4/4 longbow wounding to 12/13 (177-53).
12/13 1st knight regiment defeats 4/4 longbow without wounding (178-53).
Found 074 near furs-harbor. Found 075-worker. Found 076-worker. Physics drops to 29 turns with all the scientists we have researching it now.

5-700
5/5 elite shooter takes out 4/4 musket wounding to 1/5 (179-53), which decided to try and pillage our *almost* supply of silks. 6 slaves road and, we now have the silks hooked up. Luxs. down to 50%.
4/4 shooter attacks 3/3 musket at Shurrupak and retreats.
4/4 shooter defeats musket wounding to 3/3 at Shurrupak (180-53).
4/4 shooter loses to musket at Shurrupak (180-54).
4/4 shooter loses to musket at Shurrupak (180-55).
16/16 Phantom Regiment defeats 2/3 musket at Shurrupak wounding to 15/16 (181-55).
15/16 Phantom Regiment defeats 2/3 musket at Shurrupak (182-55). Maya raze Shurrupak.
12/13 first knight regiment defeats 4/4 immortal in 067 (183-55).
10/13 first knight regiment defeats 4/4 immortal in 067 (184-55).
7/13 first knight regiment defeats spear in 067 wounding to 6/13 (185-55). Maya auto raze 067. Disbanded 2/4 cavalry in 074. Buy harbor in 074 (we couldn't have bought it this turn without doing something like that).
4/4 shooter defeats 3/3 spear at Adab (186-55).
10/13 3rd cavalry regiment defeats 3/3 spear at Adab (187-55). Maya capture Adab-worker, 2 resisters.

I have some workers near 073 building a fortress. You can wake them next turn, but since I had other workers road that square and placed two muskets on there, and I couldn't run them away, I didn't know what to do with them. We might want more cavalry over to the furs/wines island. Make sure the deal with Russia has completely expried before you make peace with Persia. If we can claim the wines without Persia settling on them, I'd definitely say to make peace with them as soon as possible without trashing our reputation, and hope they don't redeclare within 20 turns. We'll need a slew of units to kill the Russian stacks. We'll need units over on the Eastern island, since they have towns there, and as you well know, they now have muskets.

Current score of 3607.

Attachments

• Smoke-Jaguar of the Maya, 700 AD.SAV
    287.8 KB · Views: 59
You have just committed the biggest "Civ sin" of them all! That is -- posting your turnset after I completed work early and on a night I probably should get plenty of sleep! :p What to do with you....oh well :goodjob: Tis the addiction of the game

The Russian stacks don't really scare me, also, because we can systematically control and destroy them. They're like little-witty-bitty CUTE baby Sid AI wannabe stacks! :)

Unfortunately, our war against Babylon consequently gave them saltpeter.

I played out the first turn and it went fairly well. Razed a Persian city as well as Babylon with 9 wins and 1 losses. Mostly worked on some positioning and MM. Won't have a turn log since I lost it. I have to sleep now, so I suppose the other four turns are for tommorow.

Update: Got through maybe another half-turn today. I have work for most of the afternoon, though, so check back for my log tonight. :goodjob:

I think we need to cover as much territory as possible before we worry too much about city placement. We don't want the AIs plopping down somewhere on the continent once we clear it, and we've got plenty of land to fill. We don't have temples anymore, so we can't really use culture yet for wider city placements. We also want to fill up as many squares as soon as possible... so I think it better to just fill out the borders and then worry about city placement later. I DO know of some spots within our cultural borders which won't get worked even post Sanitation, so we'll want cities in those spots... but that can wait until after we've claimed all the tiles on the continent (and maybe some spots on other islands also).

Addendum: We already got a little ahead of oursevles by putting up infrastructure in corrupt areas instead of having settlers from those towns and settler areas to prevent silly cities like Merv popping up (I'm probably MORE to blame on this one than you Elear). So, let's try to at least minimize this in the future.

I think we need to cover as much territory as possible before we worry too much about city placement. We don't want the AIs plopping down somewhere on the continent once we clear it, and we've got plenty of land to fill. We don't have temples anymore, so we can't really use culture yet for wider city placements. We also want to fill up as many squares as soon as possible... so I think it better to just fill out the borders and then worry about city placement later. I DO know of some spots within our cultural borders which won't get worked even post Sanitation, so we'll want cities in those spots... but that can wait until after we've claimed all the tiles on the continent (and maybe some spots on other islands also).

Addendum: We already got a little ahead of oursevles by putting up infrastructure in corrupt areas instead of having settlers from those towns and settler areas to prevent silly cities like Merv popping up (I'm probably MORE to blame on this one than you Elear). So, let's try to at least minimize this in the future.

I can agree with this.

Settler flood :king:

Alright, I should be able to finally finish my turnset today. Then you can play again this week, but I think we should put this game on hold until a week from now (next Monday).

I have another business trip from Thursday to Sunday. Before that, I absolutely must finish COTM 57 or I will have wasted many hours on it.

I'm back. Finishing my set today.

As an aside... I saw that Moonsinger eventually put some libraries and universities in her core cities in her 88k game. But, it seems she didn't do so early. Have any idea when she did this?

As an aside... I saw that Moonsinger eventually put some libraries and universities in her core cities in her 88k game. But, it seems she didn't do so early. Have any idea when she did this?

I think you can find out in the culture advisor screen. There the creation date for every building should be mentioned.

Grr... thanks Calis... I use that all the time for 20k games... how did I forget it?

Well, that actually did end with something relevant. Checking that save also I noticed she has some 4 cavlary armies and some 3 cavalry armies. Do we want many more 4 cavalry armies Elear? Maybe we use 3 cavalry armies and only load in a 4th cavalry if it gets rather injured?

Well, that actually did end with something relevant. Checking that save also I noticed she has some 4 cavlary armies and some 3 cavalry armies. Do we want many more 4 cavalry armies Elear? Maybe we use 3 cavalry armies and only load in a 4th cavalry if it gets rather injured?

At the moment, yes, we want a few more at the least. We want to blitz Russia and Germany quickly and efficiently (both will have a few good stacks). But probably sometime during the conquest of Russia, we can swap to only 3 Cavalry armies to ensure we can get those armies off to sweep islands via Galleons.

Sorry for the delay -- the save is coming! :) I got sidetracked with my Sid SS game. I'm playing my turnset right now, actually.

I do have a question. What happens when practically half of your cities riot at once? I'd ask elsewhere but you often seem to know these things. See the attached thumbnail.

I am not in Anarchy. I am not at war. I have 7 of the 8 possible luxuries. None of the given cities have more unhappy than happy citizens. There is no reason whatsoever for them to riot.

Attachments

• massriots.JPG
    massriots.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 108
Kibitzer:

Do you have non natives added to those towns? What do they say is the cause, when you click on them? Was propaganda run against you?

Top Bottom