Down on the Farm: Team Histographic #1

Kibitzer:

Do you have non natives added to those towns? What do they say is the cause, when you click on them? Was propaganda run against you?

I don't have non natives at all. Also, the cause is 100 percent "too crowded" on the unhappy citizens. Yet as I said, the odd part is that the cities are rioting DESPITE the fact that there are overwhelmingly happy citizens.

I managed to recover the turnlog.

700 AD (0): Good to go. :)

IBT: Many Russian stacks move around. Many.

710 D (1): 002: Cavalry -> Cavalry.
006: Cavalry -> Cavalry.
010: Harbor -> Settler.
074: Harbor (wines online) -> Temple.

Found 077, start worker.
Found 078, start worker.

Cavalry Regiment #1 defeats vMusket at Babylon. (188-55)
Cavalry Regiment #1 defeats rMusket at Babylon. (189-55)
Cavalry Regiment #1 defeats rMusket at Babylon. (190-55)
Cavalry Regiment #2 defeats rPikeman at Babylon. (191-55)
Cavalry Regiment #2 defeats rCrusader at Babylon. (192-55)
Maya raze the Babylonian city of Babylon.
Cavalry Regiment #2 defeats vCavalry. (193-55)
eCavalry defeats vLongbow. (194-55)
vCavalry retreats to rPikeman at UNKNOWN.
vCavalry loses to rPikeman at UNKNOWN. (194-56)
vCavalry defeats vPikeman UNKNOWN. (195-56)
eCavalry defeats rPikeman at UNKNOWN. (196-56)
Maya raze the Persian city of UNKNOWN.

(UNKNOWN indicating city name missing from notes)

IBT: A couple of Persian troops land next to one of our cities. I decline an offer from Russia to ally versus Persia. Russia starts moving many of their doomsday stacks out of our territory and back towards theirs.

720 AD (2):

014: Cavalry -> Cavalry.
015: Cavalry -> Cavalry.
027: Settler -> Settler.
028: Settler -> Settler.
045: Settler -> Settler.
Resistance in Adab has ended.

eCavalry defeats vImmortals. (197-56)
vCavalry defeats vLongbow. (198-56)
vCavalry defeats rLonbow. (199-56)

Frustrated because German troops are actually in my way of capturing Uruk.

Catapult misses rMusket.
eCavalry defeats rMusket. (200-56)

Found 079, start Settler.

Mostly this turn consists of getting some R&R for overextended troops.

IBT: Lose a pair of exposed workers accidentally on the Persian island. Badly need a few more troops there, luckily some are on the way.

730 AD (3):

005: Cavalry -> Cavalry.
011: Cavalry -> Cavalry.
034: Settler -> Settler.
041: Settler -> Settler.

Phantom Regiment defeats vMusket at Uruk. (201-56)
Phantom Regiment attacks and withdraws from vMusket at Uruk.
vCavalry loses to rMusket at Uruk. (201-57)
eCavalry defeats rMusket at Uruk. (202-57)
eCavalry defeats vMusket at Uruk. (203-57)
vCavalry defeats vLongbow at Uruk. (204-57)
Maya raze the Babylonian city of Uruk.

2nd Cavalry Regiment defeats eMusket at Ashur. (205-57)
2nd Cavalry Regiment defeats ePikeman at Ashur. (206-57)
Maya capture the Babylonian city of Ashur
(captured because Ashur is smaller and possible to hold...do not want to expose too much land to Russian/German poaching...enough to settle as is)

Found 080, start Settler.

IBT: Another Persian Immortals captures a worker or two on the Persian island. Since there seems to be no way to prevent these random attacks from the fog, the only future solution is to protect the open workers. But with what? On the mainland, it is easy. But on this island...not so much. I continue to strive to get more Cavalry over there.

Babylonian vKnight loses to vMusket. (207-57)

Persia and Russia sign peace.

740 AD (4):

007: Cavalry -> Cavalry.
022: Settler -> Settler.
036: Settler -> Settler.
046: Settler -> Settler.

eCavalry defeats vImmortals. (208-57)
vCavalry defeats VPikeman at Ghulaman. (209-57)
vCavalry defeats rPikeman at Ghulaman. (210-57)
Maya capture the Persian city of Ghulaman.
vCavalry defeats vImmortals. (211-57)

Found 081, start Worker.

IBT: Russians found a city in the middle of some empty land in former Babylon.

750 AD (5):

Resistance in Ashur has ended.
A bit of civil disorder to take care of.

1st Cavalry Army defeats vPikeman in Nineveh. (212-57)
1st Cavalry Army defeats rMusket in Nineveh. (213-57)
1st Cavalry Army defeats rMusket in Nineveh. (214-57)
eCavalry defeats vSpearman in Nineveh. (215-57)
Maya raze the Babylonian city of Nineveh.
2nd Cavalry Army defeats rMusket at Akkad. (216-57)
vCavalry defeats rMusket at Istakhr. (217-57)
vCavalry defeats rMusket at Istakhr. (218-57)

Note: Mismoved Settler by 074. Decide where it should settle.

Pretty good set combat wise. Though I had a close call with a Cavalry army, I had only 2 losses for 30 wins. :)

-Elear

Attachments

• Smoke-Jaguar of the Maya, 750 AD.SAV
    290.8 KB · Views: 71
Elear said:
Another Persian Immortals captures a worker or two on the Persian island. Since there seems to be no way to prevent these random attacks from the fog, the only future solution is to protect the open workers.
You can prevent captures by not having the workers in a spot where the enemy can move to in 1 turn. Since Persia doesn't have horses, this means just do NOT place workers on cultural borders or outside our cultural borders. Hide them in cities if you have to.

I noticed Ashur rioting without any units inside of it. Did we have units inside of it last turn and resisters got quelled? Workers can't quell anything, so I don't see why we have one fortified there. If we have resisters in a captured city, make *all* other citizens into entertainers, so that hopefully when they resisters get quelled, the city doesn't riot. Riots increase the flip probability.

Elear said:
074: Harbor (wines online) -> Temple.

It's not the wines, it's the furs that came online. Why did you go after Ghulaman and Ishtar? I see I said
Spoonwood said:
If we can claim the wines without Persia settling on them, I'd definitely say to make peace with them as soon as possible without trashing our reputation, and hope they don't redeclare within 20 turns.
Actually, I noticed that we can just demand Ishtar and Bunyan from X-man in a peace deal without even going another turn, and that gives us all the luxuries (and SIGNIFICANTLY cuts down our war weariness). We also have 1040 gold in the bank. I'll buy an army and some settlers with this. Alright?

I don't have non natives at all. Also, the cause is 100 percent "too crowded" on the unhappy citizens. Yet as I said, the odd part is that the cities are rioting DESPITE the fact that there are overwhelmingly happy citizens.

I have seen this many times. It has always been due to either the loss of a lux or war happiness. That is not to say it is the only way, may be others. I end a turn in good shape and a deal ends.

The other thing that comes to mind is the end of a Golden Age. The reduction of income causes a drop in the amount going towards the lux slider in some places. I try to up the slider when the GA is going to end, but mistakes do happen.

I noticed Ashur rioting without any units inside of it. Did we have units inside of it last turn and resisters got quelled? Workers can't quell anything, so I don't see why we have one fortified there. If we have resisters in a captured city, make *all* other citizens into entertainers, so that hopefully when they resisters get quelled, the city doesn't riot. Riots increase the flip probability.

It's not the wines, it's the furs that came online. Why did you go after Ghulaman and Ishtar? I see I said Actually, I noticed that we can just demand Ishtar and Bunyan from X-man in a peace deal without even going another turn, and that gives us all the luxuries (and SIGNIFICANTLY cuts down our war weariness). We also have 1040 gold in the bank. I'll buy an army and some settlers with this. Alright?

Sorry, my mistake...it WAS the furs.

Partially, I was getting annoyed by several Immortals coming from the north and I just wanted those dang northern cities gone before pursuing a southern campaign.

For 4 of my 5 turns, I didn't have the healed troops to go after the wines...for several turns, they were fighting off some Immortals and resting...then on turn 5, I could reach the northern cities in 1 turn, whereas the wines would have taken 2...now you make me unsure about this move. :blush:

I'm fine with you buying that with the gold. I left the gold there for you to decide, rather than using it.

I'm also fine if you want to do the peace deal for cities, though I think we finally have enough troops to capture a number of Xerves's cities on that island, if we're careful.

And yes, I just quelled the resisters in Ashur. I totally missed the fact it was rioting, as well as the worker inside of it. I was too busy moving the army and cavalry out of it to move up north.

Finally note all the cavalries I am positioning for Russia. Babylon has perhaps 2 turns left, then anytime good after that, we can attack Russia, as long as none of their stacks are left unchecked.

I have seen this many times. It has always been due to either the loss of a lux or war happiness. That is not to say it is the only way, may be others. I end a turn in good shape and a deal ends.

The other thing that comes to mind is the end of a Golden Age. The reduction of income causes a drop in the amount going towards the lux slider in some places. I try to up the slider when the GA is going to end, but mistakes do happen.

I actually just had a +350 GPT deal with Russia end, could that be it? However my luxury slider is on 0 percent......

Elear said:
I'm also fine if you want to do the peace deal for cities, though I think we finally have enough troops to capture a number of Xerves's cities on that island, if we're careful.

I don't think Xerxes would attack us within the next 20 turns, because we'll almost surely rate "strong" in comparison to his military now. My knowledge of game mechanics doesn't work as the best, but if I understand the game correctly, if we can make peace for 20 turns, *and then* re-declare afterwards, we won't have that war weariness affecting us anymore. We might get some war weariness from having to re-declare ourselves... but if I understand things correctly, that will pale in comparison to our current war weariness (much of which got caused by the inital rush where X-man captured a few of our cities).

With regard to your Sid game... you have 8 opponents right? Did you check the unseen opponent in the diplomacy screen and make sure you're not at war with them? Did you zoom the cities and check that they each have all the luxuries? Any trade embargos going on? They all have markets, right? None of that's probably right... I really don't have a clue here.

I'm not sure what went on, but when I clicked "next turn", it all went away. :dunno:

I agree Xerves won't attack us.

Pre-turn Make peace with X-man for Bunyan and Istakhr. Buy army in 001 for 552 gold or so. Luxury slider down to 10% with almost all happy citizens everywhere now. We make some +529 gpt. Buy settler in 073 and 049.

1-760 AD 001 army-army. 049 settler-marketplace. 006 cav-cav. 069 worker-worker. Rename 1st knight regiment The Blue Knights. Rename 2nd Cavalry Regiment The Cavaliers. Rename 1st Cavalry Regiment The Blue Devils.
15/17 Cavaliers defeat 3/3 musket in Akkad (219-57).
4/4 shooter defeats 4/4 pike in Akkad. Maya capture Akkad (220-57). We only need a few more turns warring vs. Babylon. Only 5 resisters. Buy settler in Ashur.
15/17 Cavaliers defeat 4/4 musket in Nippur wounding to 9/17 (221-57).
4/4 shooter loses to 3/3 musket in Nippur which wounds to 2/3 and then promotes to 3/4 (221-58).
4/4 shooter defeats 3/4 muske in Nippur, wounding to 3/4 and promoting to 4/5 (222-58).
Found 082.
Phantom Regiment snatches some Babylonian workers (223-58). Start moving a few cavalry to the eastern island. Buy temple in Bunyan. Rename 3rd cavalry regiment The Colts.

2-770 AD Ashur settler-aqueduct. Bunyan temple-settler. 015 cav-cav. 073 settler-settler. Russians start Newton's. Persians start Smith's.
17/17 Phantom Regiment defeats 4/4 pike in Nippur (224-58). Maya capture Nippur, 8 resisters. Upgrade some catapults to cannons. Disband longbow in 035. Found 083 and 084. Buy settler in Ghulaman.

3-780 AD 003 cav-cav. 005 cav-cav. 004 cav-cav. 2 resisters quelled in Nippur. 048 settler-marketplace. 016 musket-musket. Gualaman settler-settler. Found 085. Disband 1 cav in 001. Buy army in 001. Found 086. Found 087.

4-790 AD 001 army-army. 002 cav-cav. 076 worker-worker.
17/17 Phantom Regiment defeats 3/3 pike in Eulbar wounding to 14/17 (225-58).
5/5 shooter defeats 3/3 pike in Eulbar (226-58).
5/5 shooter defeats 3/3 pike in Eulbar (227-58). Maya capture Eulbar-settler. Load 1 cavalry into new army and move army to 018 where a galley awaits. Load army onto galley. Move galley to 019 and unload army. Rename army The Bluecoats. Add worker into 008 so it goes to size 12. And... I'll stop there. It seems like a natural stopping point, and I still owe you two turns, right?

We can NOT make peace with Babylon for another few turns until their deal with Germany expires. *BE CAREFUL STARTING THE RUSSIAN WAR*. We have a slew of territory adjacent to theirs. They DO have Knights. So, we need to make sure we have some sort of defense or that we can immediately destroy the units near the adjacent town *before* we declare on them... otherwise we'll get war weariness. Cathy might ally Germany in against us, since she has techs Germany doesn't also... though I'm not sure here myself really. She does have knights, so we can't have any weak units or workers or a city within two squares of her cultural borders... or within range of a neutral roaded square (which they can use). We might want to pillage Russia's saltpeter on the first turn we fight them. I move the Blue Knights near the longbow/pike/settler trio of Russia which creeped into Old Persia in the west. You can load up The Bluecoats in the east with more cavalry next turn if you like... I just didn't do so, in case you don't like an army on the eastern island. If we can prevent (much) more weariness... in other words you probably want to HESISTATE to attack Russia, we can cash-rush an army every 3-5 turns (depending on how many settlers we buy) and pretty much clear everyone out fairly quickly, I believe. We also have an army down near 065 to do something about the Russian towns down south. I think we have 2 or so turns left on the alliance vs. Hammy with Germany. Make sure it expires before we make peace with him.

Oh... and we passed the 4000 mark in score.

Attachments

• Smoke-Jaguar of the Maya, 790 AD.SAV
    294.8 KB · Views: 50
Been playing my set on this. Doesn't look like I will attack Russia. They have troops just about everywhere and I've needed all 6 turns to get more Cavalry and especially Armies up there. It is a sizeable "hesitation", albeit, in my opinion, a necessary one to ensure our progress is swift once we start to avoid war weariness.

790 AD (0): All is well.

IBT: Russia once again shows they have a bazillion units wandering around. Babylon and Germany sign for peace. There you go. :dunno: But we are by no means ready to start a war with Russia. We need to rest a little more and strengthen our lines to create killing zones for their stacks.

800 AD (1):

009: Cavalry -> Cavalry.
011: Cavalry -> Cavalry.
075: Worker -> Worker.

Load up The Bluecoats army with 2 more cavalry, for 3 in all. I would like to keep it at 3 for now unless we desperately need it to increase to 4.

Found 088, start worker.

Rush Settlers in 047, 051, 058, 071, 080 for 16 to 50 gold a piece.

810 AD (2):

014: Cavalry -> Cavalry.
021: Settler -> Settler
047: Settler -> Settler
050: Settler -> Settler.
051: Settler -> Settler.
057: Settler -> Settler.
058: Settler -> Settler.
071: Settler -> Settler.
078: Worker -> Worker.
080: Settler -> Settler.

Found 089, start Worker.
Found 090, start Worker.
Bought Settlers in 046 and 052.
Bought Army.

820 AD (3): Physics in, start on Magnetism.

001: Army -> Army.
020: Settler -> Settler.
025: Aqueduct -> Settler.
029: Settler -> Settler.
035: Settler -> Settler.
046: Settler -> Settler.
052: Settler -> Settler.
The Colts: Worker -> Worker.

Found Lazapa, start on Worker.
Found 091, start on Worker.

Sign peace with Babylon for Tell Wilaya, World Map, and 1 gold (they won't give up 033, our old Iron
city). Start on Musketman in Tell Wilaya.

Buy Settler in 023, 070.

830 AD (4):

002: Cavalry -> Cavalry.
005: Cavalry -> Cavalry.
013: Cavalry -> Cavalry.
017: Musketman -> Musketman.
019: Aqueduct -> Settler.
023: Settler -> Settler.
043: Settler -> Settler.
070: Settler -> Settler.

840 AD (5):

066: Aqueduct -> Harbor.
081: Worker -> Worker.

Found 092, start Settler.
Found 093 war camp, start on Settler.
Found 094, start on Settler.
Found 095, start Worker.
Buy Army.

850 AD (6):

001: Army -> Army
018: Cavalry -> Cavalry,

New Army named Ride the Lightning, loaded with 4 Cavalry.

Buy Cavalry in Ashur and 086.

Found 096, start Temple.
We're just about ready here to wage a full out assault on Russia. Go for it during your set.

Finally have some more pictures here for the observers. The diagram of war plans against Russia may seem complicated, but they essentially show the stacks and cities (circled in yellow), where our troops are, our potential attack plans (red lines), their potential attack plans (white lines where needed...white box represents such a huge potential vulnerability that lines are pointless). Potential city sites are also represented by blue X. In certain cases, it may be helpful to put the Settler in their territory before war is declared, and on turn 1, found the cities to allow for quicker Cavalry routes.

Attachments

• Smoke-Jaguar of the Maya, 850 AD.SAV
    305.1 KB · Views: 53
  • persiababylonremnant.JPG
    persiababylonremnant.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 850adsgarmy.JPG
    850adsgarmy.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 80
  • russianfront2.JPG
    russianfront2.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 94
  • russianfront.JPG
    russianfront.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 134
  • minimap850adsg.JPG
    minimap850adsg.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 93
We've got 30 gpt in unit support. How do you keep unit support down in a republic? Get more towns to size 7 ASAP. I've just MMed so far... you might want to check your save and take a quick tour through the cities to see how it differs to get more of an idea as to how I approach this. I think we can buy Theory of Gravity from Russia via gpt. Only problem comes as that we have a *strong* military compared to them, so I don't think asking them to leave our territory will get them to declare, even if they are Furious with us. What do you think here? I guess we could also wait until we finish Magnetism and try to extort Theory of Gravity from Russia then. What do you think?

We should tear through them fast once we deal with the inital rush. We don't need any more 4 cavalry armies. 3 cavalry armies will do... I'm actually using them in my Huge game and fighting muskets with them and doing fine... and Russia will have even less muskets to fight than I do in that game.

Attachments

• Smoke-Jaguar of the Maya, 850 AD Spoonwood.SAV
    305 KB · Views: 48
Though I understand your point, I'm not concerned about the unit support. I couldn't care less, we're winning. We have far more than enough GPT to do anything we want to. As for MM, my thoughts are along the same lines: I'll take a look, but I've stopped serious MM again because I'm bored with it and 100 percent sure we'll pass our goal score. I don't feel a strong incentive to toy with a few citizens anymore, at least until we're into serious milking. Perhaps it's a flaw in how I play, but once I focus on warfare, I lose interest in doing anything else but propigating that.

I expect Russia to finish Magnetism before we do. I'm not sure whether to buy ToG. I'm inclined to say research it a little quicker to finish Magnetism earlier to trade it for ToG. I didn't see any point in obtaining ToG. It does us nothing.

Baiting Russia into war is completely possible if we make them furious. Even if we have to be the ones to declare war, though, I think we'll be fine for some turns.

And mostly the reason I wanted more Armies here is just to make things simpler. It will take a few turns to deal with their stacks, and in the meantime, I'd rather our invasion not stall.

Elear said:
Though I understand your point, I'm not concerned about the unit support. I couldn't care less, we're winning. We have far more than enough GPT to do anything we want to.

No, we don't. We'll eventually want to cash-rush structures like markets and aqueducts in a slew of corrupt towns and hospitals everywhere and soon as reasonable.

Elear said:
I don't feel a strong incentive to toy with a few citizens anymore, at least until we're into serious milking. Perhaps it's a flaw in how I play, but once I focus on warfare, I lose interest in doing anything else but propigating that.

I'd like to war happily and cheaply.

I expect Russia to finish Magnetism before we do. I'm not sure whether to buy ToG. I'm inclined to say research it a little quicker to finish Magnetism earlier to trade it for ToG. I didn't see any point in obtaining ToG. It does us nothing.

It gets us closer to Steam Power. Movement towards Germany territory will go faster once we have rails, if we haven't gotten them before that. Rails will help increase production and growth. On top of this, the sooner we get to Replacable Parts, the sooner we can get markets, aqueducts, and hospitals (and courthouses and police stations) in our cities. This all raises our score faster, raising our total score for the game.

In general, as long we don't face too tough of units, 3 cavalry armies go faster than 4 cavalry armies. How so? Both have a movement of 4. With a 3 cavalry army, you have 3 units in an army and another cavalry free... that's a possible 5 attacks and 7 movement per turn. With a 4 cavalry army, you have only 4 attacks possible and 4 movement per turn.

Elear said:

If we buy ToG with gpt and then have to declare war... there goes our reputation. Can we still sign an RoP with the final AI at a reasonable price if we do this?

Pre-turn science to 70%, Magnetism down to 4 turns.

1-860 Demand a city from Cathy for a while. She was Furious before, now even more so. Demand she leaves our territory and she complies. Ring up Cathy and formally declare war.
Blue Knights defeats pike (228-58).
Blue Devils defeat 3/3 musket in Sardis (229-58).
Blue Devils defeat 3/3 musket in Sardis (230-58).
Phantom Regiment defeats 4/4 medieval infantry (231-58).
Phantom Regiment defeats 4/4 medieval infantry (232-58).
Phantom Regiment defeats 4/4 pike (233-58).
Elite shooter defeats 4/4 pike in Omsk (234-58).
Elite shooter defeats 4/4 pike in Omsk (235-58). Maya capture Omsk.
Vet shooter defeats 4/4 musket (236-58).
Elite shooter retreats vs. 4/4 pike in Tobol'sk.
Elite shooter loses to 3/3 pike in Tobol'sk (236-59).
3rd cavalry regiment defeats two knights near Samara (238-59).
4/4 shooter loses to 4/4 pike in Khabarovsk wounding it to 1/4 (238-60).
4/4 shooter loses to 3/3 pike in Khabarovsk wounding it to 1/3 (238-61).
4/4 shooter defeats 3/3 pike in Khabarovsk (239-61).
4/4 shooter defeats 1/3 pike in Khabarovsk (240-61).
4/4 shooter defeats 1/3 pike in Khabarovsk (241-61). Maya capture Khabarovsk.
The Cavaliers defeat a 5/5 MI (242-61).
The Cavaliers defeat a 3/3 pike in Sardis (243-61).
The Cavaliers defeat a 4/4 MI in Sardis (244-61).
Army defeats 4/4 MI (245-61).
Army defeats 3/3 pike (246-61).
Army defeats 4/4 pike (247-61).
4/4 shooter defeats 2/4 pike in Tobol'sk (248-61).
4/4 shooter loses to 4/4 knight (248-62).
4/4 shooter defeats 4/4 knight (249-62).
4/4 shooter defeats 3/3 knight promoting to elite (250-62).
4/4 shooter defeats 4/4 MI (251-62).
4/4 shooter defeats 3/3 pike (252-62).
4/4 shooter defeats 3/3 MI (253-62).
4/4 shooter defeats 3/3 MI (254-62).
4/4 shooter defeats longbowman (255-62).
Big Blue defeats 4/4 musket in Orneburg (256-62).
4/4 shooter defeats 3/3 pike in Murmansk (257-62).
4/4 shooter retreats vs. pike in Murmansk.
The Bluecoats defeat a 3/3 muskets in Tver (258-62).
And another (259-62).
And another (260-62).
Found 097.
Buy some cavs in the eastern island to pick things up there.

Sci. down to 60%, Magnetism still due in 3 turns.

We lose 084... should I care?

2-870
4/4 shooter loses to cossack (261-62).
4/4 shooter defeats cossack (262-62).
4/4 shooter defeats 3/3 pike in Tobol'sk (263-62).
Phantom Regiment defeats 2 units in 084 (265-62).
Defeat 3 units in Sardis and capture it (268-62).

I really find writing all this down boring, and I don't care much about a tally count.

I've started losing interest in this game. If we MM every turn and try to do as much as we can to raise score, I have more interest. If you disagree with me on MMing tactics and have better ideas than me, that's fine. But, if you're not going to care about seroius MMing or trying to better our score eventually by having to pay less in unit support, I start to lose interest.

I've started losing interest in this game. If we MM every turn and try to do as much as we can to raise score, I have more interest. If you disagree with me on MMing tactics and have better ideas than me, that's fine. But, if you're not going to care about seroius MMing or trying to better our score eventually by having to pay less in unit support, I start to lose interest.

Part of my frustration is due to the fact that, unlike in the early game, I have trouble on MMing now. The results are evident early on, but now a mere cycle through the cities could last an hour, and in many cities I may just end up screwing up something you had going. For the most part, I'm happy with how our cities are running. Especially in our core. Our core seems set at 24fpt and as many shields as we can get. What's there to really change that will make any meaningful score impact other than maxing happy citizens around the empire?

I don't know what else to tell you. I don't want you to lose interest though on account of my laziness. And I am trying to learn something, it's just very hard when turnsets take 5-6 hours when I play them as meticulously as I should. So I apologize and I hope you aren't too irritated with me here. :)

Elear said:
What's there to really change that will make any meaningful score impact other than maxing happy citizens around the empire?

Unhappy and content citizens can get changed into specialists of some sort for more production, science, or money or something. I don't expect that we'll do things perfectly, and we might conflict in some ways... but if we don't try... then I lose interest. I certainly don't want to MM for 5 turns and then come back and see you've let cities get unhappy. More money in the empire (on account of decreased unit support) means more happy citizens faster, because we can buy more markets and such later. More production from the core earlier (via rails) means more units flying out... units from the core can eventually get disbanded in corrupt areas to speed up market and other production... banks in the core here might also help eventually. It also gets us more territory faster, since we have more units to capture or raze cities with.

I counted 31 unhappy citizens in the save you sent me. That's 31 points lost *on that turn* compraed to them all as specialists and no doubt some points lost a few turns before without any impact on our progress otherwise. That number creeps up higher and higher over time. Later on we need civil engineers to build markets, aqueducts, hospitals, etc. Also, I keep noticing low food tiles getting used when we have high food tiles available. This slows down growth and gives us a lower score than we might have otherwise had.

I have no qualms about dropping the turn log (other than for major events) and the battle tally so turns don't last so long. But, I want us to both do MMing of some sort, even if our MMing styles don't match... a specialist over an unhappy citizen seems like a no brainer... a specialist over a content citizen also seems right, though I'm less sure here, since more growth could help. I think cities below size 6 which can grow to size 7 when you have unit support to pay for may work out as an exception. Anyways... even if you disagree with those ideas, I'd rather have you do the MMing. So, we'll do the MMing and no turn log, o.k.?

Alright, it's 880 AD and we'll learn Magnetism on the interturn. We can almost surely swap this for Theory of Gravity with Germany and enter the industrial ages. Only problem comes as Germany might draw Nationalism as they're free tech say 3-8 turns earlier than if we hadn't have done this. I say we swap for ToG and get started on Steam. Germany might get some rifles, but I doubt they'll get a lot. What do you say?

Attachments

• Smoke-Jaguar of the Maya, 880 AD.SAV
    301.8 KB · Views: 57
Top Bottom