Download and Current Changelog

the main download appears to be missing quite a few xml files, and even some graphics.

How do I get the music to play? I downloaded the optional sound files and installed them over a freshly installed 1.4 rife file, but unless I choose custom folder (that just repeats from the very first sound file to the very last) it gives me errors for missing files.

It seems like the list of songs that are being pulled is different from those that are actually in the download.

When you are at it, could you please change line 1507 in Assets\python\pyWB\CvWBDesc.py from

f.write("\tcaption=%s\n" %(sign.getCaption(),))

to something like

f.write("\tcaption=%s\n" %(sign.getCaption().encode(fileencoding),))

or else it will cause unicode encode errors on non-English versions. The same bug was already present in vanilla FfH2 and Fall Further.

How do I get the music to play? I downloaded the optional sound files and installed them over a freshly installed 1.4 rife file, but unless I choose custom folder (that just repeats from the very first sound file to the very last) it gives me errors for missing files.

It seems like the list of songs that are being pulled is different from those that are actually in the download.

The music isn't working for me as well, or it is the vanilla Civ4 music, and I also get the missing file errors at the beginning of a game.

if you have the old installer, then install it to a folder and copy the music from the old install to the new.

I'm aware of a few graphical bugs; Missing xml files, however, are far more serious and have not been reported.

I got a few of the pink blobs which I believe are indication of missing unit graphics, those were the most obvious. And for the other, it seemed like promotions weren't working such as animal capturing... I peeked in the folder and thought some xmls were missing.

To test it yourself, simply do a clean install call it rife2 or whatever, from the posted file. Easy enough to do. Then you could do folder compares as well as run it if needed.

xml isn't missing; As I posted before, it's a case of miscommunication between the xml and the DLL. The DLL system for capturing was updated (planned to be used differently), but the xml was not, so the promotions didn't work. We're reverting the DLL mechanic, and that should fix it.

Ok thanks. Though it seems to me the mod is pretty much unplayable without key promotions working.

I wan't to upgrade to 1.4, but is the dll mechanic working fine already? or any ETA for them to work?

And is it possible to play scenarios in RiFE? In main screen during game in the top right corner there is scenario list, but how to begin them? there are no scenarios in main menu launched from RiFE..

Thanks.

Having trouble switching to the Infernals in my current 1.4 game. I have been playing Sheaim for 400 turns, on 401 research for Infernal Pact completes, I get the usual messages about Hyborem spawning, and then I get asked if I want to switch to the Infernal civilization. Regardless of how I answer, I don't get switched, the game continues normally.

I have checked to see if he is spawning by using worldbuilder, and the standard Infernal starting party does indeed appear. On subsequent turns the Infernal capitol is founded, and they are off and running as another AI civ, but control is never transferred to me.

Any ideas?

Wow this Mod still lives? Thought it was abonded , hopefull I find soon time to download and play this mod again.

What is the reason that Jotnar, Frozen and MPL Modules are disabled on default?

Jontar are disabled because they were decided to be moved to module in order to be reworked and someone probably stopped working on them, so they are outdated and incompatible (probably)
Frozen are in module because Valk doesn't like them, they are disabled because of some compatibility issues, i believe
MPL is disabled because it's only example of how modular python works - enabling it would make the game a little bit illogical ( it gives free adept when you build city and also it does one more thing i can't recall )

Top Bottom