1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Download and Current Changelog

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 31, 2010.

1. bill2505

bill2505 Chieftain

its on the makara module ( i disabled)

valkirion the mod will have any new updated(even small ) in the future

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

That module should be deleted entirely; Mekara were merged into the core files, so leaving it would have caused more bugs than just the leaderinfo issue.

It will not have new updates in the installer; There will be a few optional addons later on, simply to make use of mechanics that are already implemented.

3. Valkrionn

An installer for 1.4 is now available in the first post. This is an 'official' release, rather than the beta.

1.4 brings improved AI as well as a greatly improved stability and speed. The download is a bit smaller than before, as all soundtrack files are in a seperate installer; You can run without it, but you will have no music.

One very important note: Make sure to do a complete reinstall, rather than apply this over top of any existing installation. Failing to do so could cause several issues; At the very least, the Mekara module must be removed. The civilization was moved into the core files, so keeping the module will cause multiple bugs, and may even prevent the game from loading.

4. zoommooz

zoommooz Chieftain

Did that animal subdue promo get fixed? I was playing the 1.4beta and could not capture animals. Regardless, keep up the great modding.

Cheers

5. Viatos

Viatos Chieftain

Being so very close to April 1st, I have to ask: is this the end of Rife?

6. Valkrionn

We plan a few sediment, but for the most part yes, this is the end of RifE.

7. Cromagnum P.I.

Cromagnum P.I. Chieftain

Odd, the main download link in the first post looks like it's going to 1.34 Is this the intended destination?

EDIT: yes, it looks like it is. I just tried clicking the link for 1.34 and it redirects to the 1.4 exe on moddb. I may have just peed a little.

8. Valkrionn

I may not have renamed the link on civfanatics. My bad. :p

9. Data662

Data662 Chieftain

Can you upload the sound files? I get an error saying they are missing.

10. Trappisto

Trappisto Chieftain

Is description right, no new features in 1.4? Ta

11. Valkrionn

The sound files ARE uploaded, they are simply a separate download. Check the first post.

Correct.

12. Jheral

Jheral Chieftain

Well, yes and no. I have added some new stuff to the Mekara Order (a new leader, with his own unique mechanics and units).

Edit: ...though it seems Valkrionn didn't include those after all. Pity - I would have liked to see them in, but I suppose that's not going to happen after all.

13. Viatos

Viatos Chieftain

Possible to obtain as a separate download? I noticed he's in Developmental, but Developmental crashes constantly for me.

EDIT: Or just update the Public SVN?

14. Valkrionn

I only included what was in the Public branch. Anything in the Dev branch was left out; assumed you had it in both, with anything for dyntraits only in dev.

15. Jheral

Jheral Chieftain

And I assumed there were still things in dev that were going into public, and that updating both at that stage was unneccessary. Guess we both assumed things that we shouldn't have. :p

Either way, I'll move the mekara changes over to public later today.

16. Jheral

Jheral Chieftain

The public branch has been updated. Whether Valkrionn makes a patch later or not, I couldn't say, but at least it's there.

In case he doesn't want to make an update, I have attached an update to this post, containing only the updates to the Mekara civ.

Changelog is as follows
    Spoiler :
    - Added Iram Damarr as their third leader. He is tagged as Important, so he should gain traits like a minor leader, unless I've gotten lost in the name and mechanic changes (and if I have, I blame Valkrionn ;) )
    - Added his faction units - Custodian, Sharpshooter and Aspirant
    - Added the Aspirant spawning system, and along with it, a new building - the Mage Guild UU "Shaper Cabal".
    - Boosted the strength of Ascendant and Corgayle Ascended, and gave them the Melee UnitCombat as a secondary UnitCombat.

17. Viatos

Viatos Chieftain

Hmm. Aspirants are affected by Iram Damarr's traits, apparently, but it doesn't say how - mind sharing?

Also, thank you for this. Been waiting forever for the Good leader (and for Ascendants to not suck). :)

18. Wolfes

Wolfes Chieftain

i´m getting a txt key error when looking at he new leaders trait.

19. Jheral

Jheral Chieftain

No problem. Always wanted to get him in - intended him to be a third leader from the start. And the idea was that his traits would symbolize his efforts to adapt the Order's magics to be used more generally. Figured it would be too much of a pain to have to "update" the bonus from it, so I just made it apply across the board.

I'll have a look at it as soon as I am able - bit busy atm, but I should have it ready before the end of the day.

Edit: Fixed the broken text key - I've updated the public branch and uploaded a new version to this post.

Attached Files:

20. pinoangel

pinoangel Chieftain

Hi all.
    First of all great mod, but everybody here knows that:)
    I've one question about soundtrack and filesize:

Valkrionn said: "The download is a bit smaller than before, as all soundtrack files are in a seperate installer; You can run without it, but you will have no music."

So I'm wondering about filesize. In previous version (1.3x) the main file was about 550 mb, and beside it there was also a soundtrack to download. It was first vesrion I used. I installed main file with patches and then soundtrack, but now i guess it wasn't necessary as soundtrack was already included? In current, 1.4, version we need only main file and soundtrack file I guess? I'm asking to be sure as I'm planing to reinstall after finishing current game as Grigori on immortal:).
    Thanks for answer and the mod. Hope to see future projects, perhaps in civ5.

ps: Any simple way to upload your own avatar? Couldn't get straight info from forums. like I would need permission..?