1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Downloads

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Medieval: Conquests' started by Kailric, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Kailric

Kailric Jack of All Trades

2. Kailric

3. Kailric

4. Kailric

Update 2.0h
    Copy this over 2.0g the other update
    Update 2.0h

2.0h
    -Added new Art for Tower improvement (Thanks drjest2000)
    -added new XML Text translations (Thanks drjest2000)
    -Added two new maps Large_Continent.py and Medieval_Faireweather
    -Adjusted AI to better accumulate Luxury Goods to produce Nobles
    -Fixed several crash bugs (thanks to mastrude)

5. mastrude

mastrude Paraclete of Kaborka

When I try to download the latest update 2.0h I'm getting the message

vBulletin Message
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

6. Kailric

Sorry, I been out all day. Yeah, for some reason after it uploaded it didn't save.. I'll check this out as soon as the wifey gets off my Desktop :)

7. mastrude

mastrude Paraclete of Kaborka

Game drop

May have been fixed in the download I can't get.

Attached Files:

8. Kailric

Ok, I'll check it out. Hopefully the link is fixed now, you can check that out.

9. Kailric

View attachment Medieval Update 2.0i.rar

Ok, hopefully the link works from this page.

2.0h, some one confirm to me this can be downloaded, thanks.

Edit: I just downloaded it myself so it is working at the moment.

10. Johny B

Johny B Chieftain

Hello, I tried to install this mod but unfortunatelly I got thousands of errors when tried to launch the mod, then I noticed that when I press on Medieval conquest-git, the programme says that The system cannot find the path specified.
    Can you guys give me a step by step instructions how to install that whole thing? Because I am confused about it.
    And another one question which git I have to download from that list?
    I will be thankful if someone give me step by step instructions.

11. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

You need to install 2.0 first, then 2.0b etc as it says in the first post. Using the stable releases you shouldn't need the bat files.

Just to check if your computer is ok, try to install 2.0 and start that one. If it starts without issues, then add the updates.

If you use the git version, then you need to install the stable version first because that one has a number of files, which aren't in the git version.

12. Johny B

Johny B Chieftain

One thing is, I think not good in this mod, the thing is that when your opponent builds a city near yours(1 plot between each settlement) the opponent city which is built later than mine gets my territory instantly, so then you can't do anything about it.

13. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

Sounds like a bug. The plots within 1 tile of a city should be first in, first served and you can only take over the plot by adding more influence. How did vanilla behave in this specific case? I can't remember having the AI build like that in vanilla, though it shouldn't be hard to test. Make a "mod" with no natives and fill it with Europeans and use a small map. You should run out of room fairly fast, which in turn will force the AI to build that close.

14. Johny B

Johny B Chieftain

I think it's a bug, because when I built a city two europeans built their cities later near my capital city and they gained my territory instantly, then I built another city after few turns other AI built his own one and it gained my territory exactly that turn when it was built.
    I played Authentic civilization mod and there was a 2 plots rule, that you can't place a city if there are only one plot between them, so I think you should do the same or change the thing that if computer builds city like that they don't get older city territory instantly.

15. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

You can change the minimum distance between cities yourself. Open the file
    Code:
    Assets\XML\GlobalDefinesAlt.xml
    add the code
    Code:
    	<Define>
    		<DefineName>MIN_CITY_RANGE</DefineName>
    		<iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
    	</Define>
    Somewhere after a </Define> and before the next <Define>
    You can change the number to whatever distance you want. Right now it's omitted meaning it uses the vanilla 1 plot between. TAC changed this value to 2. I don't think this is the proper solution for the problem, but if it can make the game more enjoyable for you here and now, then it will serve it's purpose. I don't know how it will affect savegames. It's likely best to start a new game. Also the game can cache XML values between runs, which mean you just check if it worked or not. If not then disable the XML cache in CivilizationIV.ini.

Remember to mention this change if you report bugs later on.

16. Johny B

Johny B Chieftain

I think other solution would be that the new city when it is built it get just the available territory that is no ones property.
    That 2 plots solution is good option right now, but it limits the game because you can't construct cities even if they have the same plot on each one.

17. Kailric

Right, this should be the case as this is the way it is in Vanilla. I'll check into this and fix it as soon as I can. Thanks for the report. For the time being you could just start to build of culture early on to retake the territory.

18. Johny B

Johny B Chieftain

Hello, I fixed that thing with territory, but I want to ask how to get my city cultured?
    I had 5th level capital city and then AI built his own near mine and after 3-4 turns his territory expanded and I lost half of mine, so what I have to do to expand my territory so fast like AI?
    His city was only 1st level, built before 3-4 turns.

19. Kailric

It is a bit miss leading at the moment but "culture" is listed under Prosperity (see the screen shot snipit for details). It is a factor of Culture (produced by Inns), Religion, and Education. You can look up in the pedia the "Prosperity" resources and it will give you details on what produces "Culture" the most. All three of those resources effect your total Culture.

Immigration is also a factor in Prosperity made up of Religion, Fealty, and Education.

I am not sure what the AI did to produce Culture so fast. Was it a Monastery that was founded? If they unloaded a Relic there then that city would have acquired a instant boost in Culture. If that is the case you'll have to up your own production of Culture in order to out way the "Cult of Relics" in that time period. If you posted a saved game where the AI gains the Culture I can better tell what's happening. Thanks for the report though.

Attached Files:

20. Kailric