Downloads

I'm getting a CTD after setting up my custom scenario and clicking ok. Additionally, there appears to be only 3 maps in the publuc maps folder, and 2 of them are only 2kb in size, yet the scenario selection lists 4 possibilities. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Edit; Yup, figured out what I was doing wrong. My bad, lol.

Edit 2; Lol, or not. CTD from the play now screen as well. SO, call me an idiot and let me know what I'm doing wrong please :crazyeye:.

I'm getting a CTD after setting up my custom scenario and clicking ok. Additionally, there appears to be only 3 maps in the publuc maps folder, and 2 of them are only 2kb in size, yet the scenario selection lists 4 possibilities. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Edit; Yup, figured out what I was doing wrong. My bad, lol.

Edit 2; Lol, or not. CTD from the play now screen as well. SO, call me an idiot and let me know what I'm doing wrong please :crazyeye:.

Well, check to see if vanilla Col works and that you can load other mods. If it has been a while since you played your system could be causing issues, not sure. This hasn't been reported yet.

Yup, I can play TAC, RAR, and DoaNE with no problems.

Question; Is the mod supposed to go into the /mydoc/myGames mods folder? this almost issue almost acts like it is in the wrong directory, something I've experienced with some BTS mods.

Yup, I can play TAC, RAR, and DoaNE with no problems.

Question; Is the mod supposed to go into the /mydoc/myGames mods folder? this almost issue almost acts like it is in the wrong directory, something I've experienced with some BTS mods.

It should go into the same folder as your other mods. Check the folders are correct. Anyone else have issues with this?

Make sure you are using the maps that come with the mod.

It should go into the same folder as your other mods. Check the folders are correct. Anyone else have issues with this?

Make sure you are using the maps that come with the mod.

Yup. Same folder as my other mods. I can't do play now option, or the custom/play scenario option, and the size of the maps in the pub maps folder seems to be off. I'm going to delete the mod and re-download it again. I'll let you know.

Edit; Ok, While I'm waiting on the DL, I looked through your GQ and BR threads, and it appears some others are having similar issues as me. So, 2 questions;

1) Do I need to transfer the pub maps in the /my docs directory into the pub maps folder in program directory?

2) Can I use the "play now" option, or do I need to only pick scenario/custom scenario?

Yup. Same folder as my other mods. I can't do play now option, or the custom/play scenario option, and the size of the maps in the pub maps folder seems to be off. I'm going to delete the mod and re-download it again. I'll let you know.

Edit; Ok, While I'm waiting on the DL, I looked through your GQ and BR threads, and it appears some others are having similar issues as me. So, 2 questions;

1) Do I need to transfer the pub maps in the /my docs directory into the pub maps folder in program directory?

2) Can I use the "play now" option, or do I need to only pick scenario/custom scenario?

Maps should go Mods/Medieval_Conquest/PublicMaps

And yes, you can use play now, that is about all I use.

= Contra-Terrine Device?? That would be... disturbing.

Your right, it would... :cool:

However, in this particular venachular, the acronym stands for Crash To Desktop.

Your right, it would... :cool:

However, in this particular venachular, the acronym stands for Crash To Desktop.

Have you tried using the debug DLL? It may give you an error report. It's packed with the download, just replace the default DLL and see what happens.

Patch 2.5.2

-Groomsman profession has been removed as no longer needed
-Build Workplace command help text now shows type of building
-Fixed "Waiting in Europe" popup
-Civic effect workers building after move has been fixed
-Fixed fog of war doughnuts
-If a Good can not be bought at a Trade Screen it will say "No Vendor" in help text

Please test that it all installs correctly and the mentioned bugs are truly fixed :goodjob:

I'm working on a new git guide. So far I managed to reach the point where the mod is on your HD. I will look at the pull and branch setup soon. Feedback is welcome.
https://sourceforge.net/p/colonizationmodcollection/wiki/GIT/

Looks great so far!

One thing I am still confused on that you could make note of is when Pulling, do we Merge or Rebase and what is the difference? There was one time I kept trying to rebase but had issues everytime then I finally just tried to Merge and it worked well.

Updated git master to point to this release as well as added tags. Looks like there is no changelog though :sad:

Yeah, I need to learn to do that too. What is this changelong, is that something automatic or something I am suppose to do? I thought the commit was the change log.:confused:

What is this changelong, is that something automatic or something I am suppose to do? I thought the commit was the change log.:confused:
The git log is really detailed. The users should be able to see changes affecting gamers (new units etc) without installing git and see log entries like "JIT: fix: don't try to write outside array when reading old savegames".

To give non-modder headlines we have a file called changelog.txt, which is in the root M:C dir. We need to figure out what to write in that one manually. I wrote most of the 2.5 stuff by reading the git log and considered if a log entry should be added or not.

I’m a bit lost with source forge, especially if I have to compile things. I tried to download a snapshot, it weights the same as the full mod, but it ended not working.
I merged it with my working 2.5 and I don’t know which creature I brought up, but I played it.

So If I want to pull from sourceforge, then I need to learn to compile, don’t I? If it can be done in a few steps, that could be a good addition to the wiki.

Regarding to the patching, I haven’t tried the latest patches, so I will download the 2.5.41 from Kailric’s signature and patch it this evening. I want to plunder poor remaining Roman Empire and enslave their Politicians. :thumbsdown:

Mmm, well. Kailric has a detailed Sourceforge explanation further down. Never seen before. :coffee:

Top Bottom