• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Dragon Golems/Life III absurdly powerful?

7 Turn delay sounds like a decent enough fix and is very much in line with flavor. :goodjob:

I for one dont think that (perhaps beyond a small delay) for peace further fixing is needed. (again: otherwise the outcry whould allready have been there and it was possible before some 3 or 4 times on average without the delay with peace beeing one of the few things perhaps worth the price of a node. And should it really still be a big problem you will hear of the issue again for sure.)

Now you just need a mechanics to add the traits back to basium and hyborem on resurection and its a very well-rounded spell... :D :p

Quickest answer which comes to mind would be to add a requirement to the Peace Spell that the War must have been running for a certain number of turns already. Or add a Gold cost to the spell. The ideal balance would be a small Gold Per Turn loss for a decently long period of time. Then it won't hurt you much if you use the spell as intended (sparingly), but cripples you if you manage to exploit the spell somehow.

Well, thats not all we changed. ;)

I tried to go through this thread and hit all the exploits you guys mentioned. The only one Im still scratching my head over is the Corlindale exploit (declare peace every 7 turns). I don't know if thats a huge deal, but I may need to work out something for that as well.

Well you could have another Corlindale to spawn that does not have the peace spell. That would make 2 units in the files. I probably am wrong about this, but this could be the easiest way to do it and I am all about being easy. (Edit: umm you know what I mean :blush: )

You could make it require a promotion too, say, spirit III. That way you could still use it, but would need time to get enough xp to use it again.

(I think that Spirit III would still need some other boost, as its effect can only be once per civ per game.)

I would make the case that if you're able to create a golem dragon that powerful you've already won anyway...

@westamastaflash: Yeah, we went over that somewhere on the first or second page :rolleyes:. This is more a discussion of how to fix Life III exploits.

As an alternative to a promotion requirement, wouldn't a level requirement work? Not sure if free spell spheres apply on promotion, but if they do then making it linked to Spirit III wouldn't work too well. Perhaps just a straight-up level requirement?

Little question about fleshgolems:
When creating one with an illusionist (dark elves), it appears that the golem can't use spells of the (arch-)mages put into it.
Is that intention? Is there a workaround except building this wonder, which can create fleshgolems?

Make it fight twice and you should get the option when it levels up to upgrade it to a normal golem that should resolve it the casting problems. My vamp golem created by Gibbon Goetia was casting haste for my stack so I know it works after it's been upgraded to normal.

Re Life 3 exploits, how about making it so you have to build the shrine of the champion first, then cast resurrection on the city with the shrine (which then goes away)?

Top Bottom