Dune Houses

Rayki

Chieftain
Mod no longer available. Sorry.

Feel free to delete this thread or just my posts or whatever.

This really needs a link the relevant Steam Workshop page, and screenshots wouldn't go amiss.

Anyway, how will you handle the Fremen? Would they be a player like the royal houses or some sort of modified barbarians?

delete post

delete post

delete post

Excellent Idea. A few suggestions:

- I think the Atreides should get some water related bonii given that Caladan is an ocean world.
Maybe +10% Strength to naval units?
- The Bene Gesserit needs to be in. I propose "Mother Fielding" to be a perfect match :)
Covert operations are 25% faster and cause 25% more intrigue, 2 Extra Spies
- Replacing Firaxite, Xenomass & Floatstone with Spice seems a bit extreme. I'd suggest replacing only one of those with Spice. Replace the others with something else, I was thinking for example another kind of resource related to no-chamber buildings and no-ship like units
-House Harkonnen: Giedi Prime is a wasteland -> More tolerance to unhealth? Manufacturies extra hammer/unhealth?
-Fremen
+1 Food on Desert and Snow, Units get a +1 Movement on Desert (Worm Riders)

delete post

Hello,

I was reading your discussion about the Bene Gesserit, Corrino & Freeman factions. I actually don't think they should be factions but replace the BE affinities as they represent the 3 main political motivators on Arrakis at the time:

- Bene Gesserit: their ongoing quest for the Kwisatz Hadderach
- Corrino: "The Spice must flow", the status quo must remain between House Corrino, the Landsraad, CHOAM & the Spacing Guild
- Freeman: Shai Hulud and the dream of a green Arrakis

Advancing in affinities through quests & techs can be used to include the original story line, or other possibilities off course. In my view the Freemen could replace the BE Aliens, and be recruited by factions having sufficient Freemen affinity.

They could all three offer interesting advantages & possible wonders and will set houses against each other as in BE and the novels. The Golden Path would actually be a combination of all 3 affinities.

One last remark: on the strategic resources: there should only be Spice, it's kind off the whole point ;-)

Please let me know what you think!

delete post

delete post

delete post

delete post

Top Bottom