Dune Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by lexdex, Dec 17, 2005.

1. HecticHermit

HecticHermit Chieftain

hmm well what I need is to learn how to use Nif and then maybe we could get something into Civ4 but right now I got sooo much stuff to do...school and all..so ill try and find time for modding.........hmm well I got and idea well you know the experience and promotions in Civ4 we could it when a promotion is given to the Worm then it would grow...as would its strength....eventually it could act as two(or more units) when it attacks, meaning when it attacks it can destroy multiple units(its draw back would be that it is like calvary and it can't fortify,and it can't be in a Stack, also cant move in tundras) but it cannot be seen in desert terrain.....just a few things too think about maye you can mod collateral damage to acclomplish the multiple attacks...

2. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

good work brotha!! use your skillz and bring us wormsign

3. Chamaedrys

Chamaedrys Emperor

Looks good! Can't wait to see it animated.:)

4. ArneHD

ArneHD Just a little bit mad

Just a note that a Fremen rider will abandon the worm after having riden it for so long, as it would get tired.

5. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

yeah, but he could just call another right away

6. HecticHermit

HecticHermit Chieftain

Hmm well lets see I finally figured out how to access the files in Civ4,finally I got the Xml and leaderheads.....I needed another extracting program....hmm well I told yall I got Dune 2000 for playstation....hmm lets see 3 houses Harrkonan, Atredias, Ordos....not sure if i spelled those right, anyway we should start modding leaders for each of these and create civs..we should worry bout units later.....also the terrain must be modified to DUNE settings, desert that cannont be built on, rocke plates are another terrain, where cities can be built, hmm lets see we need, Spice, is that right? just one reasource,well maybe we could figureout a few more, hmm well we need a design outline?
    1. Terrein outline
    2. Outline for each House
    3......for whatever else

7. ArneHD

ArneHD Just a little bit mad

Ok, we need to be clear on this, are we going to base ourselves on the books or the games? Because Ordos never existed in the books. They were entirely made up by Westwood.

8. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

Books!! House Ordos is a fraud!!! Do not believe the lies of the Bene Gesserit Witches!! :p

9. HecticHermit

HecticHermit Chieftain

hmm well we need more than 2 Civs, are we gonna make the Fremen a seperate Civ? Anyway yall come up with some stuff I'll work on the worm...Hey when I try to modify one of the leader heads after I mod it and put into nifview the animations for it won't play...

10. Chamaedrys

Chamaedrys Emperor

Yes, the Ordos are just in the VERY COOL games. Their mentat was cool but I found the deviators and saboteurs quite useless...

My 0.02 € about the Civs:

-House Harkonnen
    -House Artreides
    -House Corinno (the Imperial House)
    -The Fremen
    -Smugglers???

11. Lockesdonkey

Lockesdonkey Liberal Jihadist

Aye...

And books only!

12. Chamaedrys

Chamaedrys Emperor

Ok, the next big question is the harvesting. How could it be done???

13. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

okay, the way that CHOAM harvest spice is with carryalls. these are super massive spaceship sorta things. and the carryalls cart around harvesters.

14. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

could we have a SDK mod that randomly places spice anywhere there is deep desert, and then the carryall/harvester could be like a worker/air unit, and would remove the spice

15. Chamaedrys

Chamaedrys Emperor

Yeah. I like that mechanism, but I don't any Ai player will understand it:(

16. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

yeah, then it would have to be an AI mod too....yech :yuck:

17. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

I saw this thread am extremly interested in the dune mod. before anyone asks, i have no clue in making models, or scripting. but I do have a few ideas for special units and such. the harkonnen special unit can be imperial saurdakaur. atreides special unit is ginaz mercenaries. (a note on shields, if you read the prequals it says shields go over the body and are slightly shiny, they do not make a little globe) fremen special unit is fadyken. for fadyken, you can use skirmishers as the base model.

18. HecticHermit

HecticHermit Chieftain

hmm well lets see spice... how bout we get a mod that citizens,within the city radius we could make this larger if we need to, citizens include harvesters, collect spice like they collect reasources normally in Civ4 also I think, not sure if citizens dont work when an enemy unit walks into the terrain square...we need this for wars...also we could make a unit that could collect spice out side a city radius, maybe bring back colonies, also my friend mentioned that the Dune world has a currency...and like all cities they need food...we can change the currency from gold to, whatever the currency is called, also hmm let see I could make the models for some of the leaders,the worm is on hold for animation because I'm still new to animation, but I need pics of some of the leaders in dune.

19. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

but whoever holds arrakeen city will not have deep bled terrain for squares, only the shield wall areas... the spice harvesters are long range affairs.

20. Chamaedrys

Chamaedrys Emperor

If we can send harvestors out in the desert, all the action would happen on the small rocks:(

btw: Is it possible to create radom maps just with sand, rocks and spice?