are you back buddy??

well,
i got it planned,
but, its tons of tons of work,
ill start on the miminal, a few nations, resources and some units at start,
i have so much ideas,

perhaps you can help me with some code?

if anyone else can code sdk and wanna help,
that would be nice, i got some stuff i wannna do that require xml.

another thing,
does anyone have an idea of what should i name/use the river? i made it a brown colored river, and thought of making it as a spice deposit,

and the acctuall resources to make as premium spice and so on...

Very nice. I can offer feedback and info, but I'm working on my own project right now.

Well, you can check out the other Dune Thread(s). One reccomendation I have is to make it 'Dune Themed', where you stay true to its principles, but you can modify the story line, can have all the major Houses duking it out on Arrakis. An idea that I had when CivCol came out is to make Dune for CivCol. You can represent offworld trade and such. Only downside is apparently the AI isnt that good at war.

Civs and leader:
House Atreides: Either Duke Leto or Paul Atreides
House Harkonnen: Baron Harkonnen or Glossu Rabban
House Corrino:Count Hasimir Fenring or the Padishah Emperor Shaddam IV Corrino
Bene Gesserit: (might be better as a corp though) Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bene Tleiliaxu: (might be better as a corp)Scytale or unknown
Spacing Guild: (might be better as a corp) Guildmaster Edric
Ix: Unknown
Fremen: Stilgar or Liet Kynes
Any of the Houses Minor, Richese or Ginaz

Religion:
Orange Christianity
Buddislam(include split?)
Fish Speakers
Don't rememebr any else

Corp:
CHOAM
Spacing Guild
Bene Gesserit
Bene Tleiliaxu
Swordsmasters of Ginaz

Thats all I have for know.

If you need anymore I can think on it. The scary part is I did all of that from memory. (I'm a bit of a Dune freak)

Happy:
Offplanet imports
Imperial Fasion(its nice to be able to throw a nice party)

Food:
Offplanet imports
Baklawa(don't know what it is, found it in the encyclopedia in the back of the book
Portyguls
Water

Metals:
Plazsteel
Plazcrete

Thats all I can recall. Perhaps someone who has played the Dune computer games may know some resources?

off planet imports? how? should i make a building that supplies a resource?

whats the fun in that? anyone can get this building? unless i make it to require another resourxe - like one of the spice, or make this building as a world wonder - only 10 civs can have this resourse? and make variants of this resources so evryone will have their own res to trade with?

Probably come off a building like Spaceport or something. It represents all the stuff sent from the homeworld, each faction could have a specific one. I remember Caladan being known for Pundi Rice and the Harkonnens have a gen mining thing where the gems they mine are routed through Hagal, and Geidi Prime reaps the profits.

heres another pic from my progress:

ive replaced forest with mushroom like plant - named it spice tree for now

and jungle was replaced by spice plant (red wheat).

:)

p.s,

baklava is an arab food treat,
a kind of pastry.

Attachments

• dunepic2.JPG
    dunepic2.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 141
The reason I chose Baklawa (thats how it is spelt in the book) is becasue that was one of the few foods I found there. When we get to it though, I'd like to do at least some of the units. I'm better at brainstorming units than techs.

well any help is welcomed,

i cant be 100% loyale to te story,
so i aded some resources like - crystals, some desert plants, desert rodents, iridium,
took some from plantfall and mars now mods.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=272838

in this thread i basicly have the entire blue print layed out for me :)

so illl use plenty of that.

im almost through with the resources,

gonna start addind the 3 houses for start.

im gonna do a "mimimal mod" for start -
you know 3 hopuses, minimun buildings, resources and the works, so ill be able to release a beta/alpha version and hope that theres demand to the mod.

ive incorporated the enrite revdcm mod, including revolutions, mod.

i think of naming rivers as raw spice deposits, have no other idea for rivers......

what do you you think of my terrian byw? do you like the mushrooms?

about the units,
i thought of making most of the units as aerial - helicopter based units - the are limited to coast and ocean movement only,
ill make only a few sand ships, cause dune didnt have sand vehicles, mostly aerial.

ill have to get some help with some of the textures - like opening screen, ui hub and more...

once ill have a beta, im sure many dune freaks will pop up to help, cause noone thought there will be a dune mod :).

goodluck to us.

Any ideas what the final civs will be? As long as Sardaukar are there and playable, everything is good.

8-10 are needed, any less and it becomes to 'static'. We should start small on the civs though, perhaps just Atreides, Harkonned, Corrino, and Fremen for starters.

ill probably do them all at once...hehe.

well it will take alot of time.......im trying to mod every day.

edit:
hers a photo of 70% of the resources uve added for dune, some made up...

the rest of the resources will be given from buildings,
each house will have it own uniqe, and will be able to trade with other civs - kkinda like space imported resources.

next addition will be the houses - 4 for now - harkonan ordos atreidis and the emipe.

Attachments

• duneopen.JPG
    duneopen.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 147
  • duneresor.JPG
    duneresor.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 147
On the main menu screen, if you can find it, a shot of the title screen for the scifi Dune movie might be nice, or something giving the 'scale and vistas' of Dune. It might be just me, but when I first read Dune, what really took me was the sheer scale of everything.

For techs:
Prana-Bindu Suspension
Pru-Doors
Spice Refining
Static Seperator (poor name, I seem to recal the spice being sifted by static electricity)
Windtraps

I'll try and remember some others. If you have civ2, someone made a full Dune mod for C2 that has a bunch of techs.

hi,

that fine, ive completes the tech tree :)

you didnt liked what ive made for the opening screen above??

also, ive added dune 2000 beautyfull soundtrack.....

i expect a first version withing a month or so, maybe less,
the first version will be without most of the pedia entries, just names of evrything.

i need alot of ideas for buildings, besides the obvious ones, promotions...evertything that comes to your mind.

ive also decided to add the minor houses of the saga, so will have more then the 10 civs i added.

finnally there will be a dune mod for civ4, and a good one!

Top Bottom