1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dune Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by lexdex, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Fanatic Demon

Fanatic Demon Student in Wizardry

Spice itself is wortless on dune. Real wealth on dune would be water, because water means life on dune.

2. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

hmm. perhaps the fremen need water, but the outworlders need spice to "buy" new off world troops

3. Fanatic Demon

Fanatic Demon Student in Wizardry

Man this brings back some of the great absurdities if the Dune 2 where the most effective way to kill a infantry unit with a tank, was to run over them and crash it. :eek: At the I had no problem with this strategy, but if you think about it realsiticly, is is absurt that this would be valid stategy. :lol:

4. thrallgor

thrallgor Chieftain

I actually think we should include the Prequels and some of the Brian Herbert stuff. It would increase the gameplay.

One problem for this would be that there would be a low amount of civs, leaders, and units.

please don't forget the 'thopter.

5. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

i think this mod could be made with a bunch of civ's spread out over several different maps, in that case. of course the primary map would be arrakis :)

6. thrallgor

thrallgor Chieftain

That would make sense but we still have the problem of few mentions of what could be civs, leaders, units, and buildings. There are some of these but not enough really to make a mod.

7. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

i think the problem is not solely the lack of artwork, but the lack of time and programmers. i can't work on this mod (anymore than i have already done) because im backlogged on Second Rev 3.0 :(

8. Sergiodx

Sergiodx Chieftain

I would like to make a very simple dune mod where the basic change would be that instead of the global warming change usual tiles into desert, it would do the oposite thing. So, on the begining, the planet is all desert. Since the water start to be 'fixed' on the planet, it start to change slowly into a normal planet, into Rakis, at the time of Leto, the Tirant. The game can follow the usual rules, with the same units, something very simple. The main idea is to change the whole planet during the game. Some building that can 'fix the water' and spread it to make it possible to build farm improvements shoud be done too. But it is just this as a start! I wish I could make this little mod all by my own, but English is not my natural language and I'm getting trouble with the tutorials and all those codes. Can someone help me with some hints, how to start and everything? Thanks.

9. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

ive been wondering how to mod the global warming system, but i have never figured it out, nor have i seen someone talk about actually doing it :(

10. dtumacder

dtumacder Chieftain

Greetings all, I read through alot of this thread and I wrote up a basic design outline. I've read the books over and over again and I think i got some fresh ideas and I'm going to attempt it, looking for volunteers in this thread.
    Dune: The Spice Must Flow

11. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

NECROMANCY!

i just posted in your new thread. good luck. make sure to use my graphics that are here in this thread. I also can take art requests at a rate of one-at-a-time :)

12. arkham4269

arkham4269 Court Writer - Orbis Mod

In case you want to make flags for the different factions, here is a good resource.

http://flagspot.net/flags/fic_dune.html

This gives some different, and documented, info that the Wikipedia entry.

13. IamAcerbus

IamAcerbus Chieftain

So, how's this mod coming along? I probably should read all the information before asking but it's 02:51 here and I'm a bit too tired to do that. :=) Do you guys know of any complete Dune mods btw? For any of the Civilization games? Or other strategy games.. Any help would be much appreciated! :p

14. Refar

Refar Deity

you revived this thread after something like 6 weeks of incativity... So what do you think, how it is coming along ?

15. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Deity

yeah this mod is deader than a doornail. no one wanted to take lead of this mod and take initiative (unfortunately that includes me :( )

16. IamAcerbus

IamAcerbus Chieftain

Too bad... I was really looking forward to it.. So I take it there is no other Dune mod out there either?

17. Sir DOC

Sir DOC Chieftain

You may want to get in touch with dtumacder and help him with Dune: The Spice Must Flow. If there is people interested he may want to retake the project...

18. IamAcerbus

IamAcerbus Chieftain

Thanks for the advice! :=)

19. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

HI,

i am a dune fan,

since i got a bit board by my current overlord2 mod,
    idecided, to take this dune mod project on me,

hers my dune terrain for my future dune mod, im gonna use the ideas here,
    if anyone wish to help... contact me plz.

Attached Files:

20. Jeckel

Jeckel Great Reverend

Very nice keldath, can't wait to see what you come up with. :goodjob: