Dune Mod

I actually think we should include the Prequels and some of the Brian Herbert stuff. It would increase the gameplay.

One problem for this would be that there would be a low amount of civs, leaders, and units.

please don't forget the 'thopter.

That would make sense but we still have the problem of few mentions of what could be civs, leaders, units, and buildings. There are some of these but not enough really to make a mod.

i think the problem is not solely the lack of artwork, but the lack of time and programmers. i can't work on this mod (anymore than i have already done) because im backlogged on Second Rev 3.0 :(

I would like to make a very simple dune mod where the basic change would be that instead of the global warming change usual tiles into desert, it would do the oposite thing. So, on the begining, the planet is all desert. Since the water start to be 'fixed' on the planet, it start to change slowly into a normal planet, into Rakis, at the time of Leto, the Tirant. The game can follow the usual rules, with the same units, something very simple. The main idea is to change the whole planet during the game. Some building that can 'fix the water' and spread it to make it possible to build farm improvements shoud be done too. But it is just this as a start! I wish I could make this little mod all by my own, but English is not my natural language and I'm getting trouble with the tutorials and all those codes. Can someone help me with some hints, how to start and everything? Thanks.

Greetings all, I read through alot of this thread and I wrote up a basic design outline. I've read the books over and over again and I think i got some fresh ideas and I'm going to attempt it, looking for volunteers in this thread.
Dune: The Spice Must Flow

NECROMANCY!

i just posted in your new thread. good luck. make sure to use my graphics that are here in this thread. I also can take art requests at a rate of one-at-a-time :)

So, how's this mod coming along? I probably should read all the information before asking but it's 02:51 here and I'm a bit too tired to do that. :=) Do you guys know of any complete Dune mods btw? For any of the Civilization games? Or other strategy games.. Any help would be much appreciated! :p

So, how's this mod coming along? I probably should read all the information before asking but it's 02:51 here and I'm a bit too tired to do that. :=) Do you guys know of any complete Dune mods btw? For any of the Civilization games? Or other strategy games.. Any help would be much appreciated! :p

you revived this thread after something like 6 weeks of incativity... So what do you think, how it is coming along ?

Too bad... I was really looking forward to it.. So I take it there is no other Dune mod out there either?

HI,

i am a dune fan,

since i got a bit board by my current overlord2 mod,
idecided, to take this dune mod project on me,

hers my dune terrain for my future dune mod, im gonna use the ideas here,
if anyone wish to help... contact me plz.

Attachments

• arrakis.JPG
    arrakis.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 163
Top Bottom