Dungeons & Dragons: Mystara

you can extract them anywhere you want, then move them to the civ3(you may have another name for this)\conquests\scenario

overwrite all existing files. (for the patch that is)

Hi guys. Due to the fact I can't give a time frame for doing the update, I may plan a newer version for the Civ 4. I don't have the game yet, as I haven't had time to play anything at all. Between struggling to get my business fully stable and taking care of a baby, My time is non-existant. I now understand why Balrog vanished after his baby was born. But I refuse to completely drop off. I just wish I had more time for this right now. Keep the faith guys, I will be back someday. Civ is too addicting not to come back. I miss this game a lot.

tjedge1 said:
I may plan a newer version for the Civ 4.

Best news for today. :cool:

But I refuse to completely drop off. I just wish I had more time for this right now. Keep the faith guys, I will be back someday. Civ is too addicting not to come back. I miss this game a lot.

Looking forward to it! Mystara was my favorite mod for Civ3. Oh, and good luck with the "other stuff"! :)

tjedge1 said:
Hi guys. Due to the fact I can't give a time frame for doing the update, I may plan a newer version for the Civ 4. I don't have the game yet, as I haven't had time to play anything at all. Between struggling to get my business fully stable and taking care of a baby, My time is non-existant. I now understand why Balrog vanished after his baby was born. But I refuse to completely drop off. I just wish I had more time for this right now. Keep the faith guys, I will be back someday. Civ is too addicting not to come back. I miss this game a lot.

tjedge1 - I've been playtesting and helping out with FfH for Civ4 and would be more than happy to help out in any way on this potential project. There is a ton of artwork, coding work, and knowledge out there already. :D I'd be proud to be your servant, er helper. :p

Thanks woodelf and Stormrage. I'll start a thread when the time comes to ask for help. For now though, I have to get my business more productive. I'm hoping this fall will be when I start the new version.

Good to hear tjedge. By fall I'll have more time as well and the Civ4 community will have a good portion of your work done already. ;) All you'll need are ideas, time, and a good team of slaves, er helpers. :D

I'm glad so many units are being done for Civ 4 now. I was worried when it came out that there would be a lack in variety.

I needed a break from Fermat, McLaurin, Taylor and other such crazy people so i tried this mod. :D I never played it before ...

One question though :hmm: i'm with the vestland (or smthing like that) and i can't build mines. :confused: Well this sux. I can't even buy it from another civ that has it. What gives ? Am i going to stay like this the whole game ?

:bump:
Oh come one ... didn't anyone play this mod ? :mischief:

You will not be able to mine with that civ. And several thousand have downloaded this mod and played, thank you. ;)

Each civ is made to be different from every other. Some can't irrigate. Some can mine and irrigate and 1 can't do either.

tjedge1 said:
And several thousand have downloaded this mod and played, thank you. ;)
:lol: I know, hence the ":mischief:" at the end of my post. I know it's one of the most popular mods around. :goodjob:
tjedge1 said:
You will not be able to mine with that civ.
Each civ is made to be different from every other. Some can't irrigate.
No irrigation ? That's even worse.
tjedge1 said:
Some can mine and irrigate and 1 can't do either.
Which one is it, which one is it ? :bounce:

Great mod btw. :)

The Kwythellar elves can't do either, but they get 4 traits to make up for it. All civs are balanced pretty well, despite their shortcomings. A few are overly strong, but they are meant to be. ;)

Alphatia and Thyatis are 2 of those.

I'll chime in and say I became a convert after initially not liking the substantial differences in the civs. You have to adjust your playing style for each one and they are well balanced. No to get to work on the Civ4 version... ;)

I'll be thinking of all the things I want to add over the summer. I'll build from scratch again to make the Civ 4 version different. I still don't have Civ 4, but from what I saw inearly beta and what I've read, it is much more versatile.

tjedge1 said:
I'll be thinking of all the things I want to add over the summer. I'll build from scratch again to make the Civ 4 version different. I still don't have Civ 4, but from what I saw inearly beta and what I've read, it is much more versatile.

If you ever get a rainy day or a day when your daughter is sleeping then take a look at the Developer's Forums in my sig. Good reading there about what can be done in a Civ4 fantasy mod.

And, as I've said, by summer a lot of the heavy lifting may be done already so you can simply crank out a mod and all of your questions will already be answered. :)

That would be great, since last time around I was in development before Conquests was released and had to spend a lot of time in beta and exploration to find the limits of the new expansion. I'm hoping to avoid some of that this time. ;)

i am very new @ this can someone help me understand?
are these modifications to my civ3 game?
i can play in a d&d world of civ?

Yeah, this mod acts as a scenario for Civ 3 Conquests. It is a D&D setting, but plays basically like the regular game, except it is altered for a different feel than the regular game aside from just looking completely different.

Top Bottom