Dusted off this old game...

Superjew

Chieftain
Been a long time since I played it. Got tired of waiting for a "proper" sequel. TAC basically made the game into what it should have been. I find this game funner than Civ V and Civ VI, always been a Colonization fan over Civilization, even going back to the original 1994 version.

One thing I love about this game, it's got the best mix of economy/military of any game I've ever seen. Most games, the economy really sucks, or just only focuses on military. In Civ V, you trade for happiness in your cities mainly which is the only motivator to trade it seems like. This game though, man they nailed the economy portion of it.

I finally got a good start in a game, where my colony had strong late game potential, only catch was, it borders an indian village pretty bad.

I played a few years, and made lots of saves along the way. Decided I didn't like my first wave of immigrants, I think I'm gonna start with a silver miner, scout, and then a Jesuit missionary. I forgot how many converts you get out of the Jesuit missionaries, which are great for spamming colonies.

It's a great starting location, not a European in site, haven't met any so far. I just need to make sure the natives are happy with me in my little corner of the map, so I'm gonna go ahead and get some Jesuit missionaries, glad I saved the game shortly into the play so I can redo which immigrants at the docks I want.

I agree with you on the trading aspect of the game. Not only can you trade with Europe but all of the native tribes have their own treasury. Most 4X games seem to treat trade as an afterthought.

What are some of the better games you have played that include trading? These are a few that I can recall: Euro Truck Simulator 2, High Seas Trader, Patrician III, Port Royale, Privateer.

Top Bottom