• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Dwarf Fortress

I saw it on the map archive and then rushed here to see what was happening. I will begin working on mine sometime but am doing another community game thing in the CFC NES forums currently.

I saw it on the map archive and then rushed here to see what was happening. I will begin working on mine sometime but am doing another community game thing in the CFC NES forums currently.

This is suppose to be a "for fun" game. So take your time.

I figure I can make 3 years during the upcoming weekend.

I will definitely follow this... (in the hope of learning a few tricks :mischief:)

My goal for this fortress is to preserve wildlife when I get around to it.

I never figured out how to upload maps to the map archive. How do you do so?

SL managed to find the magma vent earlier today:

Spoiler :

There also appears to be an underground chasm and an underground lake/river. So dig at your own peril.

I am currently making a sand fortress in the lower right of the map. Makes farming easier and it's not THAT far away from the magma vent. I'll likely end up digging my main fortress somewhere in the middle.

I have to say something. That tileset is ugly to me. I use the Sphrs(sp?) and Markavian(sp?) combo tileset. It is a lot easier on the eyes.

It's spring 1053 for me now. I could start uploading some pictures soon.

I dug my fort entrance on the low cliffside next to the river. I had to sacrifice a miner to tap the magma since I couldn't find a favourable position to do it the "right" way.

I dug my fort entrance on the low cliffside next to the river. I had to sacrifice a miner to tap the magma since I couldn't find a favourable position to do it the "right" way.

Always dig above it and channel it down so your miner never has to actually mine hot rock face to face.

That is the way I prefer to do it, however there was no suitable place to do so on the level I was digging on.

Wow, I just got Dwarf Fortress yesterday, and while it was incredibly hard to learn, I'm starting to get it... and it's insanely addictive.

Are there any tips you guys have for a new player like me?

I'm really bad at this, or I just ignore the obvious. I made sure there wasn't an aquifier where I embarked, but I cannot find ANY stone!

I'm really bad at this, or I just ignore the obvious. I made sure there wasn't an aquifier where I embarked, but I cannot find ANY stone!

Usually you should be able to find stone if you dig down really deep... did you? Or did the map just screw you over?

Well, what does stone look like? Here's a picture so if there is any, you can point it out to me.

Well, what does stone look like? Here's a picture so if there is any, you can point it out to me.

That is a level of yellow sand. No stone there. Dig deeper. That pond gives me so many ideas for farming I almost need to stop playing this game. :p

Has anyone ever attempted a hermit challenge? I think it would be kind of neat and adventurous.

Top Bottom