DYP on the MAC

But is say's now that it is missing (i mean after i installed and started up civ3) it said that it missed this text in the pedialicons: Icon_BLDG_Palace_Garden

Are you sure you started the right copy of Civ3? Attach a copy of your pediaicons.txt file in the modded Civ3 folder and let's see what you have?

Do ya mean to send tha pediaicons.txt ??
if you mean that can i have your mail adres than??

Well I was suggesting you attached it to a post here, but if you prefer to email it then send it to:

alanh <at> gotm.civfanatics.net

Replace the <at> by @, of course. I prefer not to feed my raw email addresses to spam address harvesters

and i think that i made it but now it say's that there is a missing entry in text/pedialicons.txt/Icon_BLDG_Palace and when i changed the pedialicons (another one) and i added the palace garden bull **** than it say's that i there is a reading error missing entry ICON_BLDG_Palace_Garden (again) i don't understand it and when i delete it from the civsmod.bic (palace gardens) than it gives another error from another new building i really don't understand i tried to reinstall it again but i didn't work and i download that new civsmod.bic that you made with the DyP mod and it still didn't work :crazyeye:

Cybie said:
yeah ok i sended it now do ya need to work today

Yes. Don't you? ;)

Cybie said:
and i think that i made it but now it say's that there is a missing entry in text/pedialicons.txt/Icon_BLDG_Palace and when i changed the pedialicons (another one) and i added the palace garden bull **** than it say's that i there is a reading error missing entry ICON_BLDG_Palace_Garden (again) i don't understand it and when i delete it from the civsmod.bic (palace gardens) than it gives another error from another new building i really don't understand i tried to reinstall it again but i didn't work and i download that new civsmod.bic that you made with the DyP mod and it still didn't work :crazyeye:

I'll have a look at the file you sent me, but it sounds like it's not the right pediaicons.txt file. Your message isn't very easy to understand, though, so I may be misunderstanding what you've tried.

The new civ3mod.bic file I produced containing the DyP extras was only for use with the version 1.21 editor in order to create custom maps. You should never try to use it with version 1.29b2, or to play games with.

ow ok but with the right bic file it still dus not work and i've made 2 pediaicons.txt an dwithth e one the error is that there is no palace garden and with the other it's palace

well you can call it work it's school i'm 13 years old and i'm having a vacation now

Cybie said:
ow ok but with the right bic file it still dus not work and i've made 2 pediaicons.txt an dwithth e one the error is that there is no palace garden and with the other it's palace
You shouldn't need to edit the pediaicons.txt file. You just have to have the right one in the right place. The installer should have done that for you.

If you *do* edit a .txt file you need to use a text editor that produces the right file format. It must not be a word processor, and it has to save the changes in DOS format, with return AND line feed on the end of each line. There's a version of TextEdit linked in my signature that allows you to control the line endings.

I just got home from work to look at your files. They are both from the GOTM mods, ao they will never work wth Double Your Pleasure (DyP). It looks as if you have mixed a GOTM installation up with your DyP installation somehow.

I can only suggest that you start off with a completely new copy of Civ3 1.29b2, installed from the CD and updated with the 1.29b2 update patch in my signature. Then modify it using the DyP mod files. Don't make any other changes and try again. If it fails, don't change anything, just come back here and report what the errors are then.

Good luck.

And do you have Chariotrun.flc because it's damaged with mine civ3 could ya please send it to me?

Well, just this once :)

If you have a reasonable amount of hard disk space, and you plan to try a lot of mods, I suggest you create a new Civ3 installation just as a master copy, and keep that so that you can create a new one at any time and you can use it to revert any files you lose or corrupt.

Attachments

• ChariotRun.flc.zip
    116.1 KB · Views: 90
And i have one more question: Can ya play start a new game with GOTM because emperor is a bit hard for me

:lol: Try GOTM 36. You might surprise yourself.

GOTM starts are not usually as nasty as random starts. Ainwood play tests the games before he releases them, and as you can see from the opening screen shot of GOTM 36 there's a good settler factory already visible.

My first submitted GOTM was GOTM20. It was a Deity game, and I had never played Deity before ... I'd only ever played a couple of games to completion at all. I submitted a loss for that game, but only because I ran out of time. I tried for a diplo victory, and didn't get an overall majority, but the starting position was very friendly, and my game was definitely winnable if I had time..

Read the pregame discussion very carefully - there's a lot of expert wisdom in those posts - and then give it a try.

There's another GOTM due to start on 15th November, and that will probably be at a lower level ... maybe! :rolleyes:

UPDATE:

Sorry, I spoke too soon! Here's Ainwood's latest teaser for GOTM 37:

ainwood said:
Next month we have a deity (classic) game, and the start and map will be tailored to (hopefully) allow the competent players to get into a winable position, yet still provide a bit of a challenge for the experienced.

Top Bottom