E3 lot of info about four leaders/factions :)

I wish these weren't so unrealistically positive. As well-written as Kavitha's is, it just doesn't make sense to me that a theocratic leader would claim divinity for herself and distribute propaganda wholesale unless there was necessity for it.

I wish these weren't so unrealistically positive. As well-written as Kavitha's is, it just doesn't make sense to me that a theocratic leader would claim divinity for herself and distribute propaganda wholesale unless there was necessity for it.

If having brainwashed ardent loyalty that's so much they willing to do everything to you from 1/6 of world's population, along with what's left of Indian's infrastructure isn't "necessity" to you?

Wow.

(HINT : One doesn't always being mystic to gain spiritual happiness, you know.)

If having brainwashed ardent loyalty that's so much they willing to do everything to you from 1/6 of world's population, along with what's left of Indian's infrastructure isn't "necessity" to you?

Wow.

(HINT : One doesn't always being mystic to gain spiritual happiness, you know.)

I'm sorry, but I'm not entirely sure what you're saying. When I say "necessity" I mean India being in such terrible condition that the only way to maintain stability is through relentless use of theocratic propaganda (not unlike North Korea). By the end of the article Hitchens basically says it's awesome, so that entire idea is thrown out the window and it doesn't really make sense.

I'm sorry, but I'm not entirely sure what you're saying. When I say "necessity" I mean India being in such terrible condition that the only way to maintain stability is through relentless use of theocratic propaganda (not unlike North Korea). By the end of the Hitchens basically says it's awesome, so that entire idea is thrown out the window and it doesn't really make sense.

FYI, propaganda has a tendency to live a life of its own after a while, even if the person put in the limelight of it never endorsed it in the first place.
My take is that Kavitha is merely a personification to the people within the Protectorate, a symbol to pour their hopes and aspirations in.
As far as I could glean from the "info" Firaxis/2K made available to us, she was rather unexpectedly (from her point of view) made de "leader" of the Protectorate. That sounds to me like the previous leading establishment used her name&fame to accomplish (part of) their agenda. Only it backfired a bit in the end.

I'm sorry, but I'm not entirely sure what you're saying. When I say "necessity" I mean India being in such terrible condition that the only way to maintain stability is through relentless use of theocratic propaganda (not unlike North Korea). By the end of the article Hitchens basically says it's awesome, so that entire idea is thrown out the window and it doesn't really make sense.

Just because the state would be stable without the propaganda, doesn't give the state a reason to not have propaganda
In KP
Theocratic propaganda increases the power of the state
therefore
The state makes theocratic propaganda

The only reason the US, UK, and China (generally successful countries) don't use Theocratic propaganda is because it would be ineffective on their populations... So they use other propaganda tools (also the US and UK leaders use propaganda to support their parties rather than the state due to multiparty rule)

KP might be able to be a growing thriving stable state without theocratic propaganda...but why? If it can be a growing thriving stable state able to trully mobilize the populace and keep them content With theocratic propaganda.

Basically that propaganda lets them Happily sacrifice for the Seeding that they otherwise wouldn't be able to do
(ARC,PAC,PAU seem to be the economic superpowers, the rest seem to be going on national pride)

I too like the "replacement goldfish" theory, if we add a cabal of a steering council behind it. It even allows Kavitha remaining on earth and simultanously go into space (why would she abbandon over a billion devout followers, depending on her guidance, since it would surely lead to despair and fall into anarchy).

The inconsequential characterization of Hitchens is, well, a play on Hitchens. Modern sceptics criticize religion mostly on grounds of it being bad for societies, fueling the divide between citizens and ethnies, diverting attention from science to the superstitious and holding progress back. But seeing how in the KP faith seems to further science and unite people to strive together towards a noble goal, he cannot hold his belief that religion would be bad for this society.

Still, we are speaking of northern india here. I can't quite imagine, how muslims (who live there today in spades) would go along with this ("false prophet"), as they would surely see it as blasphemous. There must have happened a genocide of some sort (nuclear or ethnic) for a peaceful KP scenario to be possible at all in this region. Might be another reason Firaxis won't release the specifics of the great mistake, because religious divide is a hot topic today in northern India (especially after the recent elections).

About how she maintain her "longevity". It could be possible that original Kavithar use plastic surgery until cloning of herself is viable, and then raise her heiress in isolation, enamour Kavithar II with her ideology, vision and identity without knowing she is replacement until she assumes prophetic position. What we see might be Kavithar IV or V.

I like to think that northern Indian are oblivious to Thakurs' strangeness (as she might purged those who aren't) the rest are zealously follow her. Well, they can even put her "avatar" in the Seedling while her another avatar to rule India. (OMK, The Prophet can now create double!!)

Still, we are speaking of northern india here. I can't quite imagine, how muslims (who live there today in spades) would go along with this ("false prophet"), as they would surely see it as blasphemous. There must have happened a genocide of some sort (nuclear or ethnic) for a peaceful KP scenario to be possible at all in this region. Might be another reason Firaxis won't release the specifics of the great mistake, because religious divide is a hot topic today in northern India (especially after the recent elections).

The Protectorate is described as encompassing people from the Punjab (northwestern India) to Tamil (southeastern India).

The Protectorate is described as encompassing people from the Punjab (northwestern India) to Tamil (southeastern India).

Ok, so the journalist did not visit southern India. I don't see how that would invalidate my concerns.

My guess- Hindu ultra-nationalists start a nuclear war with Pakistan. Much of northern India, from Bangladesh to Baluchistan, is damaged by nuclear and other weapons. Raj Thakur rises as a prophet in these difficult times, and the Muslims are probably persecuted/converted/expelled, since they would absolutely not accept another prophet (the Indian faith traditions are much more flexible- I'm sure Raj and Kavitha are both avatars and boddhisatvas to their people).

Top Bottom