Earth 18 civs- most overpowered?

Heh, i just WBd to see the incas, and i was :rofl:

I played as Rome on Noble and overran Europe---France, Spanish, Greek wiped out. Vassalized Frederick who became a great Ally. Even then Vassalage'd Cathy after only taking 3 cities (St Pete and Moscow included). Vassalized the Arabs after taking only two cities. (Persia was wiped out by turn 3 from Barbarians I assume). Mansa and Hatty both asked me for protection. Then I only had Asia and the Americas to worry about all by 1 AD. Genghis was my first Vassal there. I constantly gave him new technology and he helped me take over everything else...

Omg you are SO LUCKY to get Persia dead. They are TECH MONSTERS.

I just played as France. I built every wonder except the Taj mahal, oracle, and GL, and Angkor wat.

I ended up winning by conquest victory. ( Actually, I wanted to take one more city from HC before accepting his capitulation, but oh well ). Settings were Noble and Epic.

Conquest is VERY hard on that sort of map. How did you do it?

I conquered people. But seriously, I don't remember all the details. I had mech infantry in the 1800s though. I was Ahead in tech compared to everyone. When I invaded The chineese, I had mech infantry and modern armor. ( I also nabbed The Mongolians and japaneese along the way )

I had Paris producing wonders and Military units, and Madrid pumping out military units.

In my opinion, conquest is only hard if you don't have many neighbors. The whole strategy depends on you NOT having to stop your war machine, and YOU acquiring new cities to boost your economy.

Civics were Representation, Bureacracy, Slavery, Decentralizaion and Organized religion. Switched to Free speech, Emancipation, and State property as soon as possible.

Used Universal suffrage to pump out Drill 2 units at any location with the pentagon.

Never left organized religion.

The only civ that was elminated was The spanish. The rest became vassals.

You vassalized all the other European civs? Wasn't your core pretty crowded. Did you perhaps manage to eliminate any of them purely by cultural pressure?

How early did you get vassalage, to be able to capitalate civs that close to you?

FYI: I'm a Monarch player, but FYI in this scenario Monarch AIs don't start with archers!

Anyone in Europe is the easiest, because you own all the capitals by 1000BC-0AD and the capitals are badass production cities which allow you to win at your leisure. I normally don't kill Cathy so she can help keep Persia in check, who in turn keeps China from expanding across Asia.

For the win with the least effort, I say Inca. Settler + Galley = colonization of all of South America. Great resources + crazy cottage cities + a couple OK production cities and one riverside production MONSTER = easy space race.

Aztec can easily kill America giving u second city, and a worker usually, and u can also get few wonders while u are it! Then just expand like a madman and swing down to kill Inca at your leisure.

Aztec can easily kill America giving u second city, and a worker usually, and u can also get few wonders while u are it! Then just expand like a madman and swing down to kill Inca at your leisure.

That's my plan!:D I love the aztecs then I just use washington from the americans and turn it into a navy city and conquer europe then with my other coastal city by waht is now baja california I conquer asia.Then nuke the middle east to the stone age.:nuke::king:

How early did you get vassalage, to be able to capitalate civs that close to you?

Yup. Even Monty and HC got vassalized.

I had a naval fleet to take on Toku, if he didn't capitulate with His master Qin shi huang, but he did anyways.

You vassalized all the other European civs? Wasn't your core pretty crowded. Did you perhaps manage to eliminate any of them purely by cultural pressure?

Nope. I Sword rushed Spain and Germany, so my only opponent left was Elizhabeth and Rome.

I Had 2 cities pumping out 1 unit per turn for every turn that I was at war. I used Musketmen to overrun Catherine and Alexander ( I'm serious )

Anyways, When I attacked Monty, I hit him in 5-6 places at once. I never built an aircraft though, aside from Stealth bombers for show. I was advancing too quickly. I also never used Spies. It was Plan A, But I couldn't churn out enough EP, so I simply went for siege.

One of the key points in the game was getting Vassalage BEFORE either Bureacracy OR Machinery. Early in the game I was thinking " Gee, this would be an awesome place for everyone to kick my arse", So I got the civic when I could. It helped keep wars short.

I attached the Replay. Just stick it in the replay folder in your Civ directory.

The only civs that died were the Americans and the Spanish. Monty killed the Americans ( Shame, if he hadn't I would have had more trouble rooting them out from North America ), And the Spanish died because of their only capital, and Sword rush.

Attachments

• Nutty Civs AD-1872_13.CivBeyondSwordReplay
    692.8 KB · Views: 69
I did a French chariot rush once (they start with agriculture and the wheel), and it was insanely powerful! After walking into Germany and destroying Berlin on one of the first turns, I began building a big army of chariots. Rome, Spain, England and parts of Greece and Russia all fell, basically giving me the entire continent. Russia became my vassal later on, and I also wiped out the rest of Greece.

After destroying Egypt though I got bored as the situation was now almost exactly the same as a game I was playing as Rome a short while ago.

I played this scenario for the first time a couple of days ago. I took Rome on Prince level just to see how it was. Now I own half the world, Egypt, Germany and Mali are my vassals, England, Greece and some other nation I can't remember are dead by my hand and the third and fourth in place (Saladin and Cyrus ) are at friendly/pleased with me. While I am first, my only angry enemy who happens to be second (China) is like 60%-70% of my power rating and second by a huge gap in points (if that is any indication). Smooth sailing I'd say to any win of my chosing.

I found this game to be extremely easy, especially since I just switched to Prince a couple fo weeks ago and am not so succesful on non-scenario maps. I know Rome is mighty and I will definitely try one or two other nations to see if I have the same success but I have the feeling that the scenario is generally easier by at least one difficulty level. Would you agree?

cheers,
wannabewarlord

I found this game to be extremely easy, especially since I just switched to Prince a couple fo weeks ago and am not so succesful on non-scenario maps. I know Rome is mighty and I will definitely try one or two other nations to see if I have the same success but I have the feeling that the scenario is generally easier by at least one difficulty level. Would you agree?

As mentioned above, playing one of the European civs makes life very easy, just rush the others and you have 6 extremely powerful cities for an easy game. France and Rome especially seem to be (IMO) 2 levels easier.

Try playing one of the new world civs, the Mongols or Mali for a challenge :)

You mean the Aztecs or Incans.

Genv [FP];7167271 said:
You mean the Aztecs or Incans.

Sorry, I missed out an 'or' there :blush:

me said:
Try playing one of the new world civs or the Mongols or Mali for a challenge

I was actually trying to list 5 civs and making a very poor job of it :lol:

Persia isn't always so hard to take over. Saladin usually falls quite easy because he is boxed into crappy desert space/
In my last game, I was France and took over all of Europe, Arabia and Persia (I steamrolled them all the way into their South East Asian colonies and finally got them Vassalised. I had Germany, the Incans, Persia, my north American colonies (I delete Aztecs and Americans and replace them with barbarians..) as well as Mali. Genghis had everyone else vassalised and then invaded out of the blue with about 70 cavalry....I had no chance.

I think France is more powerful than Rome, To be quite honest. Rome has a crummy line of land compared to the french.

Top Bottom