Earth 1862 AD

Looking nice!
I'll never get tired of repeating this... A big "NO NO" to the "Iberian Empire" term. It should be just called just "Spain", as the dominant one. Or in any case just "Spanish-Portuguese Empire", although I think it's much better to include it all under Spain (not b/c it "should" be under Spain obviously, but just b/c of the size of the countries, the geographically bigger and heavily more populated should represent both).

I have to say this is good. I won a Space Race with US union, and have started a new game as Germany. It's the first time I've finished a Game on Marathon and I find the speed works on this scenario.

My favourite scenario of all time is AoI for Civ3, so I obviously jumped at this. It isn't as good as AoI but nothing is. Great job.

Pat.

Just to be nitpicky. Honolulu is on O'ahu, not Hawai'i Probably just rename Honolulu to Hawai'i since that is what King Kamehameha named the kingdom in 1795.

Cool, Kamehameha is wat Goku says when he does his special move...

lame show though :D

Any chance btw that there will be an Earth 1900 or and Earth 1914 coming up?

Any chance btw that there will be an Earth 1900 or and Earth 1914 coming up?
I don't think so, an earth 1900\14 will be too similar to this scenario and will be very unbalanced (British and French Empires are huge).

Because it's the English flag with the red color, I prefered having a Danish flag than a white British Empire...

Just played with the Germans... and for one reason or another... when I declared war on France, all there cities where without defending units. Took them over in no time. Any reason why this is? Doesn't make it very fun :D

On what turn it was? if it was on a 1800+ I can't really contol it...

Well since the scenario starts in 1862 it was idd 1800+ but dunno exactly... no to far just had assembly line...

But perhaps because I played it on chieftain...

My mistake, I confused this scenario with my 1790, I don't really know how to help you.

Lokulus,

Just a few questions -

1) why is Bismarck at the top I thought it would be Victoria? I think its because he starts with the artillery tech and she doesn't.

2) The USA has two massive armies - one by sprinfield and other on boats by texas? Shouldn't that last army be in washington?

3) the CSA only has one massive army by richmond. It made taking DC eas(ier). But I was crushed in the west (the springfield army and th texas landing). But I thought that 1862 the two sides would be more evenly matched.

I made changes to my version. But just curious as to why you decided to have that set-up.

thx!

Answers:
1)If Bismarck would be weaker he would never catch Victoria's high score in the late turns.
2+3)Im not American and I don't know much about the Civil War, I'l apply some of your'e suggestions in the next update.

Lokulus,

2) The USA has two massive armies - one by sprinfield and other on boats by texas? Shouldn't that last army be in washington?

3) the CSA only has one massive army by richmond. It made taking DC eas(ier). But I was crushed in the west (the springfield army and th texas landing). But I thought that 1862 the two sides would be more evenly matched.

thx!

I don't know much about American Civil war but I will vouch that It was easy to destroy the Confederates. I moved an extra 2 rifles into Washington and they never even tried to take it.

There are screenshots in the download link, this goes to the second thread too.

Top Bottom