Earth 2010

Agree with Nuuk for EU and Taiwan would be great if possible.

Defensive pact for Kaz/Rus would be good and better relations between China and Russia also. In both of my games Russia has won a nuclear war with China and whilst great fun I'm not sure this is realistic. I haven't yet played with the new corporation balance so I'm hoping this stops Russia being quite so powerful - since they have so much land and their cities grow they are probably the best in the game otherwise.

Where I disagree - I'm a Brit, but there's just not enough space for Gibraltar on this map!

Perhaps a large British Naval Stack off south Spain then?

Also America's pretty powerful with the new Corporations, they get a ridiculous amount of gold per turn that probably could let them out produce Russia over time.

Continuing the theme: the city Ulaanbataar in China should go to the UN. In exchange, China should get Lhasa and mabye a second city in the west

Also America's pretty powerful with the new Corporations, they get a ridiculous amount of gold per turn that probably could let them out produce Russia over time.
:smug:

This can be fixed if more corporations were added to the game. I thought of some more corporations that could be added to the game:

Russia
Russia Today (media company)

United States
Exxon (I know, the US will be really powerful if it had more companies, just like in real-life! :smug: :p )

Err...... basically, everything here.

I thought of some more companies:
Coffee Companies
Dunkin' Donuts (United States; I know Starbucks is bigger, but I like DD more! :p )
Tim Hortons (Canada)
Boss Coffee (Japan; Japan has one of the largest economies in the world, but it's not shown in the game. Giving them another company will help fix that! ;) )

I know the US would have corporations if all of these were to be added, but some of the American ones I suggested can be removed from the bunch so the other countries will at least be able to put up a fight.

Barbarian King doesn't have to add these if he doesn't want to. Don't worry, BK, I don't want you to think I'm forcing you to do this stuff. ;) I don't know if there's enough space to add more companies to the mod, but if there isn't, that's okay.

BK probably wants to knock my face in because I keep suggesting so many things! :lol:

I do agree that Japan could do with another corporation for realistic balance. As the #3 economy in the world and almost as big as China it could do with more than 1 corp especially when there are not many cities.

I've nearly done my mammoth game from v2/3 with UK, who I am about to hopefully win a massive planetary face off with against Russia (i extended the 100 turn limit), so will be cool to get into the updated version

Playing two games right now, one as America (See my signature), but also a slow moving hotseat game with my friend, where I am South Africa and I'm conquering all of Africa, while my Friend is Turkey and he's wound up at war with the US and France.

Can somebody else come up with ideas for more civilizations, wonders and corporations? I want to see what you guys think should be added to the game. They don't need to be added, but I always like reading other people's suggestions?

Civs
Terrorist Civ
NEW ZEALAND
Algeria or Nigeria
Bolivia

Coporations
Colt (USA)
Heckler and Koch (Germany)
Izhmash (Russia)

Microsoft (USA)
Nintendo (Japan)

Wow, an entire page of comments since I last responded just a few days ago. Let's see if I can address it all in a few words. As far as adding new cities, I'll add Nuuk since there is a demand for it (although it'll be a pretty worthless city all things considered) and after looking at it again I think there is enough room to squeeze in a city for Taiwan. My question to all of you is this: should Taiwan be a brand new civ or should it be added to the Other Nations conglomerate? I'm going to leave Ulaanbataar a part of China since they need a lot of cities to be competitive and there is no room to give them another one (there's some empty desert space but that's worthless and there aren't really any important cities in that area anyway, and they already have Lhasa). Concerning civs, I won't be adding any more (with the possible exception of Taiwan), because it would only add needless complexity and 35 is about as much as I think the map can handle. I'm also disinclined to add any more corporations, for similar reasons. Japan makes plenty of money and will be OK without an extra corp, and the US is plenty wealthy already (which is realistic, since the US GDP is almost three times the amount of the next most productive/rich nation). I will be taking into consideration all of the good suggestions concerning interciv relations and will adjust the attitude numbers and deals accordingly in my next update (which I'll start working on this weekend). I'm also going to try to add in commando units and beef up the terrorists, but of course the difficulty will be with the AI being able to utilize rather unique units. I'm also mulling over whether to add a few more techs and buildings, but will have to give more thought as to what should be included.

Also:
@ CoffeeShopFrank
I always appreciate more suggestions, as long as you have no expectation that I'll implement them. :p
@ Krug
I like that story you're writing about your term as US president. My apologies about Netanyahu converting, but I made Judaism his favorite religion so it is all on him (and the base AI).

Hello,

I am attempting to join the Influence Driven War mod with this one, but I cannot find the DLL files to this one. I have tried to open the CvGameCoreDLL file included with no luck. As I am a newb modder, I am not sure if this is the right course of action.

I think that I need the source files to use. If this is so, could I somehow get them? I would be very grateful, as I have become very accustomed to playing with IDW.

Finally I would like to say that this is an excelent mod and that I have waited for a "modern world" scenario ever since I started playing Civilization. :goodjob:

All the included DLL does is allow for more than 18 players on a map at once. I did not make the DLL and have not bothered messing around with the DLL at all (XML and Python are more than enough for me); I simply borrow what I need from existing mods. If the IDW DLL retains the 18 civ cap from the base game, then your best bet would be to ask around in the main creation forum to see if someone else has already made such a DLL (my understanding is that it is a relatively easy change for those who compile their own DLL to make, but that's just not something I want to mess with, so I am unable to help you further). Good luck on merging these mods.

All the included DLL does is allow for more than 18 players on a map at once. I did not make the DLL and have not bothered messing around with the DLL at all (XML and Python are more than enough for me); I simply borrow what I need from existing mods. If the IDW DLL retains the 18 civ cap from the base game, then your best bet would be to ask around in the main creation forum to see if someone else has already made such a DLL (my understanding is that it is a relatively easy change for those who compile their own DLL to make, but that's just not something I want to mess with, so I am unable to help you further). Good luck on merging these mods.

Thank you; I have merged the mods (hopefully successfully) and am currently compiling. I changed the maximum civilizations number, and it should work fine.

:thanx:

I got it to work now. :)

Thank you; I have merged the mods (hopefully successfully) and am currently compiling. I changed the maximum civilizations number, and it should work fine.

:thanx:

I got it to work now. :)

upload please?

So i can open the mod without problems, however... its just the normal game. the scenario doesnt start, i cant choose the civilization or anything. its just a normal main menu screen except there is a little "earth 2010" at the top right. i have tried everything but i cant find where i can actually play the mod.

Mod is awesome, but my PC is slow and turns take about 2 mins at start. :cry:

And of course an advice: Isreal should have more points of espionage.

P.S. I'm not a modder, so, is it real to add to game organizations like G-8\G-20 ?

Good mod, have some suggestions

For the sake of accruacy, could you move Belfast one tile north and add Dublin as an EU city?
Add Alice Springs to Australia
Add more nukes
Add Taiwan to create the potential for conflict with China

Also, Israel and several other civs converted to Christianity a few turns into the game, be good if there was some way to prevent this
I think Caravels should maybe be removed because some civs still build them
Canadian and American could maybe be tweaked, because at the moment Canadian cities are getting swamped by America

Top Bottom