Earth 600 BC

do you have any more suggestions? (I'm planning to update this scenario)

this scenario is after 300+ downloads, so I'll be glad if anyone would rate it.

I've got 2 of those: 1000 BC for BTS (300 DLs) and 1600 AD for CIV Gold BTS (435 DLs)... It gets weirder: 1000 BC for CIV Gold BTS got 4 stars, but only 174 DLs so far... (So much for statistics...);)

EDIT: Maybe we should start making scenarios by request only:rolleyes:

Can we get some screenshots?
There are screenshots in the download page.

Maybe we should start making scenarios by request only
I'm currently working on a huge scenario, so I can't really start making other scenarios...

I took advantage of the error and updated the scenario:
Byzantion is now a Macedonian city
Judah is less overpowered
Change Indian Empire to Magadhan Empire
Added more Celtic units
Added Olbia for Carthage
Added Ji as a barbarian city (Beijing)
Added a city in North Korea\Manchuria
Some more changes that I can't remember

Here are a couple of thoughts on the scenario below. This mod is the first of its type that I've played other than the full Rhyes'. I love playing CIV in the ancient world.

1) My top recommendation is regarding the tech tree. One reason that I like playing in the ancient world is using more archaic weaponry and technologies. The fact the tech tree is not stunted really takes away from the gameplay. Do to the slowness of the game (not saying that's bad by the way), and the advancement of some civs over others, it makes it a little hard to compete. For instance, I played the Celts who were far less advanced the many of the CIVs. I enjoyed the game up to a point and did okay in driving out the Greeks and Carths, but once CIVS started get maceman and other advanced weaponry like ships, I lost interest. I didn't even finish the game.

2) I think the Celts could start out with a few more technologies - they are way behind.

Good scenario overall ...just needs a few tweaks

More than 750 downloads but no rating...
I can also say that after a long break, I'm working on another earth scenario that will be up in a few days.

hallelujah! a rating! and not a bad one either! (A-)

hallelujah! a rating! and not a bad one either! (A-)

Yeah, that was me!

The reason for the minus is just due to the lack of religions and the fact that - willing or not - now I have become an addict of the GEM.

But it is always good to go back to a good old fashioned huge earth size map, that improves the game playability so much, compared to the GEM.

I did play a game the other day and it was refreshing not to wait for 2 min per turn!

Top Bottom