Earth Map (180x87)

I downloaded the Canada civilizations and want to play as them, but they're not selectable on this list. How can I play as Canada?

Hello,

I am looking forward to play this map but I have two questions :

1) In the initial description, aeric describes for each civ which relations to expect with certain others civs... Now, is that scripted somewhere, how can I make all civs start out neutral to each other ( like originally in Civ4 ) ?!
Because I don't want pre-scripted relations that develop the same way each time...

2) Is this map compatible with all time settings ( marathon, etc.) ?

Thanks

Vic

PS: This really seems to be a great map (hope I can play it with 512MB RAM and the new 1.52 patch)

Hey all.

I just wanted to chime in here since I hadn't posted in a while. I probably won't be doing any more updates to this unless by some miracle I get free time... I haven't had much time to play really anything :(

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Hi,

aeric, this map is great ( best is the size ) ! I wonder though, how I can turn off that barbarians build wonders, get great people ( maybe even found religions? ) etc.

Is that the "raging barbarians" option or just the large number of barbarian cities? I would like to keep the map as it is but not the barbarians do all the stuff the other civs do.

Thanks!

This is a really, really fun map. I've been waiting since the game came out to play one of these huge earth maps and now that I have a system that can handle it (Athlon 64 3700+, 2 gigs of RAM, Geforce 7800gt:cool:), I'm sleeping less than ever. Thanks Aeric!:lol:

interwurm said:
if you don't want the game to have preset starting locations for any player, delete all the data in between all the beginteam endteam and between all the beginplayer endplayer
That *should* work.

I've been trying to modify this so that starting locations are completely randomized, rather than conditionally randomized. Removing the beginteam endteam data and the beginplayer endplayer data allows for randomization as to who starts where (and reduces the number of civs to 12, so there is SOME randomization in terms of starting location- the last game I started had no civs east of Persia), but it doesn't solve the crowded Europe model, which is mostly what I was trying to get away from. Is there any way that I can regularly expect to see civs in California, Patagonia, South Africa, or Australia short of picking them up and putting them there permanently? It seems like this should be a relatively easy thing to do, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks, if anyone's able to help me on this.

st.lucifer said:
I've been trying to modify this so that starting locations are completely randomized, rather than conditionally randomized. Removing the beginteam endteam data and the beginplayer endplayer data allows for randomization as to who starts where (and reduces the number of civs to 12, so there is SOME randomization in terms of starting location- the last game I started had no civs east of Persia), but it doesn't solve the crowded Europe model, which is mostly what I was trying to get away from. Is there any way that I can regularly expect to see civs in California, Patagonia, South Africa, or Australia short of picking them up and putting them there permanently? It seems like this should be a relatively easy thing to do, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks, if anyone's able to help me on this.

thing is europe IS crowded IRL, hence the constant wars (world wide). The only way to build big in Europe is to settle elsewhere too... But Civ doesnt seem very good at global empires (it stunts them too much i think?)

Is there anyway of updating this map to be compatible with Warlords?

All WBS files are usable with warlords patch 2.08 ...if using a particular mod then you will need to open it up in world builder with the mod loaded and add the new resources then resave it

I just want to add the Warlords civs. Should I be using Rhye's Earth24 mod? Thanks.

But, when I add the new civs through WordPad and load the map, the game consistently crashes.

How do you make this map compatible with Warlords??

welldone
is it for warlords

No it isn't. It is a "world builder save" for Civ4, not Warlords....

some impressions and a suggestion.

suggestion
play this game together with the revolution mod.
With this mod an empire can fall in civil war and potentially split creating a new CIV.
The conditions are pretty realistic: distance from capital, different religion, happyness, civics, etc.
It also allows barbarian tribes to settle down a form a new civilization.

Impressions
In the past I did try to play the more famous earth map from Ryle but I felt it too small (but perfect for multiplayer games) and also an other gigantic earth map that was absurdly huge to play (so big space that making war was pretty much unnecessary).
This map is a good equilibrium.

I also like the resources distribution... not all regions have most of the resources: colonization, or commerce, or war are necessary to gain them.

The main negative point is the barbarians.
I play monarch-epic and those buggers really ruin the game for some Civs.
Before posting this post I did open the worldbuilder to understand the dynamics: Barbarians crippled some civs far too badly.
- Europeans are rather well off (fog disappear pretty soon)

- Egyptians gets tons of barbs from across the desert (west)... unfortunately the Egyptians can expans only noth-top-south and will have a huge border effected by barbs assoults deeply into the core of their empire.

- Indians I don't really know ... I was playing Cyrus and I crashed them at the first occasion together with the Arabs :)

- Mongolians: no hope for them, barbs everywhere, they can't even build the most basic infrastructures.

- Russians were relatively ok, from west the fog (and barbs) disappear very soon, so they have to care only of "one side".

- americans I still have to check the new world.

An other complain: where are the Chinese???!!!
Apart that you can't forget a so important civilization... however you need it for gameplay as well:
1. less barbarians for the Mongols
2. it allows Japan and Mongolia to commerce and exchange techs
Without China the other asian civs will take ages to meet and will live in complete isolation remaining far too behind the europeans.
For example in my game Japan never made it outside its island. :(
At the same time there was far too much free land that others could easily grab (India, and possibly Persia).

Top Bottom