Earth Map 362x325 Conquests (Feb. 2004)

Never mind i downloaded the program at my friends house.

I dont have permission to attach the file so i wont.

Originally posted by Luddi VII
I think I don't get any problems with playing this map.My computer has 80 Gb space or something if I mean right.I'm not an expert on the computer language and all the byte names.:undecide:But anyway it's a great map!!Good job!!:goodjob:

First: Nice Map.

I see no reason that I Should have problems with playing this map..

I'm happy with my Pentium IV 3.0 GHZ with Hyperthreading.

These giga maps are great. My computer is a 2.66 and there is a lag between turns but it is not terrible. The downside with these maps is the city limits. I appreciate the effort put in to them but with about a quarter of the land mass not settled it is frustrating. hope to be part of the solution and not the problem.

Once you get 300 posts you can attach a custom avatar to your name. In the meantime there is a list of ones you can use under the profile in your user cp page. Scroll to the bottom where it says avatar and then got to the area to view them and select the one you want. I believe that's right, I haven't done that in a while.

EDIT: I mean the Options page under your user cp. It's at the bottom of that page.

Originally posted by el mencey
This map is an adaptation of the my map 362x362, but without the South Pole and with more mountains.

Question to you:
Byzantium vs. Ottomans

Where did they start?

Originally posted by Zenon_pt
Question to you:
Byzantium vs. Ottomans

Where did they start?

Firaxis has chosen Istanbul like the capital of the Ottomans, the Byzantines have like Constantinople capital. The situation in the map is the same one, but I have preferred to leave it go to the Byzantines.

The problem is the Ottomans settled there (Istanbul aka. Constantinopla) rather late and at that time had no definite capital until then. Later, with the western borders being drawn ever closer to Istanbul, they transphered the seat of government to Ankara...

at last, i have a new computer that i believe can play this map more smoothly. i hope this will be as good as it looks

Right now I have an athlon 2400+, should run this map decently.

Hopefully when I save enough money and I get my Athlon 64 3000+ and lots of ram, I will be able to run maps like these very quickly.

I've got a game going with 30 in it right now.

great map by the way, I love playing earth maps and this one is awesome. by the way, I would like to hear feedback on how I set the map up. I an attempt to keep the number of cities down (to keep lag times down between turns) I set it so you couldn't build a city on hills, marshes, forest, jungle, desert or tundra. Of course, you can clear jungle and forest and then build city. I set it so you couldn't clear marshes. it is early in the game still, but I'm hopeful that this somewhat limits that overall number of cities later in the game.

I'd say that's overkill ;) I'd suggest to limit the- uhm limit (i know, i know) of city building sites to

1) Mountains and Volcanoes,
2) Tundra, Desert and Marshes.

There have been human settlements in Forest as well as in Jungle locations (i know that there are also mountain cities- Lima, etc and in Marshes- hell Mexico Citiy was built on a lake :D). However, following the human unfriendly environment- and the need to limit early expansion to improve playability I thought this was the best middle way to simulate early city building. Jungles do not offer to many benefits anyway and the AI also avoids building cities directly on jungle tiles- with forests I thought to myself that a city on a forest tile brings alon a small but at early stages significant production bonus.

For hills the choice to keep cities buildable was an easy one: There are so many cities built on hills that it would seem unreasonable to disallow. besides this there are so many resources on hill tiles- in some cases (coal, iron) even certain small wonders depend on a city build in direct proximity if not on hilltops themselves

Why can I only have 8 total civs on the map? How do I get all 31?

California Sucks New York Rocks. Los Angeles, San Diego,Sacramento And San Francisco Sucks.Bronx, Manhattan, Queens And Brooklyn Are The Best In The Whole U.S.A.That's For Ya California Lovers Out There Ny Has Ya On Lock Down Foreva haha. dominican foreva
:p :lol: :lol: :spear:

Jesus Mancebo said:
California Sucks New York Rocks. Los Angeles, San Diego,Sacramento And San Francisco Sucks.Bronx, Manhattan, Queens And Brooklyn Are The Best In The Whole U.S.A.That's For Ya California Lovers Out There Ny Has Ya On Lock Down Foreva haha. dominican foreva
:p :lol: :lol: :spear:

?????? USA sucks! Europe rocks! :p

Top Bottom