Earth18Civs for SevoMod - Huge - Alternate Leaders and Civilizations

Guillaume

Chieftain
The title says it all. This map is actually based greatly on niust's (and other collaborators) most excellent map. I played almost solely on niust's map until Sevo 3.0 came out. When it did, I wanted to play the new ressources, civilizations and leaders so I began making changes.

Who new making a balanced map and testing all 18 civs would be this long! I played an hour with each civ. Sometimes the barbarians destroy a civ, sometimes not. I played noble for every civ, and got good results (noble is easy, but that testing convinced me every civ has got a chance to win).

Anyway, here is a screenshot :

I recommend starting this map as a custom scenario and choosing what options you like best. If you want to play it exactly as I do here is what is enabled by default on this map :
  • All victory options (time, conquest, domination, cultural, diplomatic and space victory)
  • GAMESPEED_MARATHON
  • NO_CITY_RAZING
  • FLIPPING_AFTER_CONQUEST
  • AGGRESSIVE_AI
  • NO_TECH_TRADING

Now the details :
- Civilizations are placed very near their historical starting locations, but adapted sometimes for gameplay.
- Barbarian cities are PRE-MADE, wich doesn't mean more won't pop-up. Destroy them and keep settlers for critical ressources (get the early tech too ).
- No goody huts are on this map. Conquering barbarian cities gives you pre-made cities and some techs, the game is fast enough as it is. Besides goody huts are lame.

- Civilizations for this map are :
  • Egypt (Hatshepsut)
  • India (Gandhi)
  • China (Qin Shi Huang)
  • Nguni (Shaka)
  • Rome (Julius Cesar)
  • Sumer (Gilgamesh)
  • Japan (Tokugawa)
  • Poland (Casimir)
  • French (Napoleon)
  • Babylonian (Nabuchadrezzar II)
  • Portugal (Afonso)
  • Scots (Robert The Bruce)
  • Russia (Catherine)
  • Carthage (Hannibal)
  • Maya (Pacal II)
  • Aztec (Montezuma)
  • Iroquois (Ayenwatha)
  • Mongol (Kublai Khan)
- As for the new ressources (tried historical accuracy exept for sulfur):
  • Pearls are exclusively found in Japaneese waters and Australian waters
  • Sulfur is found pretty much anywhere, but the pacific ring of fire (volcano zone) is particularly abundant with sulfur (and yes, i'm spelling it right).
  • Cotton is found in Egypt, India/Pakistan and South America (Mexico, Peru).
  • Natural gas is very abundant and can be found pretty much anywhere.
  • Coffee in upper portion of South America (Mexico..) and in Arab lands.
  • Salt : here and there, but the Scots have some of course, Egypt too, other places.

That's about it. Keep me informed of the gameplay guys and gals.

Edit : This map now called "Alternate". My other map is found HERE with the original civs and leaders.

Edit : V1.1 has some more coal... the V1.0 was missing some.

Attachments

• Earth18Civs_v1.1_Sevomod_30-Alternate.zip
    47.3 KB · Views: 806
Im new to this sight, been playing Civ since Civ2, but just beginning to MOD. I stayed up for two days trying to get an 18 civ earth map for SevoMod based on the ModernCivs Earth (90x50) map. I wanted to use this to create my own Modern War on Terror Mod. You can imagine my good fortune of seeing your newly posted map. Im gonna give it a try. How would I be able to choose the civs when tinkering with your map?

nice to see this kind of a map, but why scotland as a civ and not England? Makes little sense. Same goes for Poland over Germany

Drogear said:
nice to see this kind of a map, but why scotland as a civ and not England? Makes little sense. Same goes for Poland over Germany

That's the goal, I was tired of playing against the same old leaders/civs. So I switched a few of them...

Scotland for England
Poland for Germany
Spain for Portugal
Got rid of greeks to be able to put Nguni in (Greeks now barbarian btw, now that's not realistic).
America for Iroquois
Persia for Sumer
Mali for Carthage
Arab for Babylonians

If I have a few hours, I'll put the original leaders/civs but with the new ressources on another thread.

SilentStorm73 said:
How would I be able to choose the civs when tinkering with your map?

Open it with your favorite text editor (maybe notepad?). Open a few others with your favorite text editor. You'll get the hang of it pretty quickly.

You might want to wait for my next release tough... it will be the original civs with the Sevo3.0 ressources.

Shouldn't there be some Cotton in the south-east US?

Barak said:
Shouldn't there be some Cotton in the south-east US?

Yheah, should be. I chose to put it a little lower for balancing issues. I wanted to make the Mayans more powerful, not the Aztec.

I belive he Pershin Gulf has also been a major Pearl producing region

Impaler[WrG] said:
I belive he Pershin Gulf has also been a major Pearl producing region

Yheah, pearls are now produced lots of places but I wanted to make some of the new ressources as region specific as I could. That was not possible with sulfur and natural gas of course, but I thought I could get away with it with peals.

Also, the only reason I put pearls in Australia was that I wanted to make Australia more attractive for settlement.

As for the Persian golf, are you saying it produced pearls in ancient times? I did not find any evidence on wiki, but hey wiki can be wrong.

Guillaume : Can you make a standard world map ?

Because it run so slow betwen turns ...

Lachlan said:
Guillaume : Can you make a standard world map ?

Because it run so slow betwen turns ...

nope sorry, no time. you might want to try other maps in the forum... some are smaller.

Ok, can you make a version Without barbarians of your map ?

And place Sumer behind Babylon ?

Because Sumer in persia is not realistic ...

You can make this two civs separated by only two squares for increasing conflicts ...

What do you think ?

Because all these barbarians increase time braining of computer ...

Lachlan said:
Ok, can you make a version Without barbarians of your map?

Don't really have time, and it wont change the computing time really. You could do it yourself tough, open the file with your favorite text editor and remove everything with "Owner=18" in it. I'll even add a link to your newly created map.

I did make a few changes to the map recently tough... I added some coal for Arab lands, Egypt and India.

Top Bottom