Economic Models instead of Governments

dragonprobably

The Poster Formerly Known as MartinLuther
Just a quick idea I have running through my head I thought I'd share: instead of using Governments, use Economic Models instead. What I'm thinking is that each model has unique improvements and wonders with the properties changing depending on the Economic model. I'd probably have flag units in place as goods produced by these unique buildings.

Now you obviously can't use every Economic model ever thought of since there are thousands of sub-ideologies (ie Communism having Leninism, Maoism, Trotskyism, Posadism, etc.) but you could roll them into one for a more general definition.

Some of these ideas may not actually reflect their actual real world counterparts, but it's supposed to be close enough given that this is a video game and not the real world

Here they are:

-Regime Change (Anarchism but with a different name)
-Traditionalism (No unique buildings and a tile penalty but you have the lowest rate of corruption.)
-Capitalism (Lower maintenance for unique buildings since the companies are supposed to be maintaining them, unique buildings produce flag units more often, but since the government still pays for its military the price of unit maintenance isn't cheap.)
-Communism (Higher cost for unique buildings since the government is paying it instead of companies, but all unique buildings are cheaper to produce.)
-Anarcho-Capitalism (Bear with me because this may sound a bit weird: Unit maintenance is ludicrously expensive in order to lead the way to a Private Military. In order to build military under AC, you have to build PMC chapters in your cities which will auto-produce units that you don't have to pay support for. I haven't really thought too much about this.)
-Anarcho-Communism (Any unique buildings don't require maintenance but flag units are slower to produce. No draft or military police.)

These are just a few ideas. I'd like to have Global Capitalism vs State Capitalism but I don't know how to differentiate the two in game terms.

Top Bottom