Economy Mod

Install v.10 of Infoaddict via browser, and remove UnitPanel.lua and UnitPanel_small.xml from Economy Mod/UI/InGame/WorldView.

Thanks for this, seems to work fine. Only two problems I have is that the infoaddict buttons ("check infoaddict", for example) don't seem to be working (when I click them, nothing happens) and I can't see what I've just built in the production screen (when choosing a new production). Not a big deal though.

I have very limited knowledge, but couldn't you just do a quick update for this mod that includes infoaddict v10? Or is the disappearing unit menu problem more difficult to solve than what I think? CiV just feels so unbalanced without this mod.

CiV just feels so unbalanced without this mod.

Thats so true. Used some other balance Mods in the meanwhile, but some of them just meant it to "good" with their various changes. so come on valk, youre fans had been very patient! :D

Yeah I know its not a perfect solution guys, but its all I could think of to at least PLAY the game.

I dont think Val realizes how many people wont play Civ5 without his mod, and all of us cant play over the holiday break since he decided to wait on updating... but its back to work now for us all so there goes that window!! =P

In the meantime removing the panel seems to let the game play. It breaks info addict, but you should be able to at least CHOOSE city production, though it messes with that a little, but you can work with it.

At least this way you can PLAY and still have the economy mod working in the background. Better than nothing. I dont know a lick about LUA or scripting or anything, sorry this is the best I can do.

Has anyone had issues with crashing due to changing improvements, such as replacing a farm with a trading post? I have this mod, along with Infoaddict as said before on how to get the UI to display correctly.

Has anyone had issues with crashing due to changing improvements, such as turning a replacing a farm with a trading post? I have this mod, along with Infoaddict as said before on how to get the UI to display correctly.

I replaced a deer tile with a TP no problems, But as with you when it can to Converting a TP to a Farm It crashed. :(

Just thought you might like to know, allegations that this mod contains a virus on the 2K modding forum: http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?101457-No-Interface-Sceen-In-Game&p=1319132#post1319132

Thanks for the tip, I've replied to the post. Going to put it here as well:

It's also entirely false.

The fact that v5 of the Economy Mod kills portions of the interface does not, in any way, shape, or form, imply that it contains a virus; It simply means it modifies portions of the UI that were changed by the recent patch, and I have not updated the mod to the latest patch..

Economy Mod is NOT compatible with the latest patch. That is the sole reason for interface issues.

Thank you Valkrionn for starting work on the economy mod again.

I just got Civ5 for Christmas and after seeing all the comments about Civ5's 'native economy' I thought 'oh, it can't be that bad, they can't have messed up from previous versions that much.' I was wrong. I started a vanilla game and got as far as the Renaissance before becoming to disgusted to continue.

I took Elahrairah's suggestion for a temporary work around to get the major components of the economy mod working and started a new game. The result is such an improvement, the game is now playable.:goodjob: I can't wait till a new version of the economy mod is out with all features working.

Yeah I know its not a perfect solution guys, but its all I could think of to at least PLAY the game.

I dont think Val realizes how many people wont play Civ5 without his mod, and all of us cant play over the holiday break since he decided to wait on updating... but its back to work now for us all so there goes that window!! =P

In the meantime removing the panel seems to let the game play. It breaks info addict, but you should be able to at least CHOOSE city production, though it messes with that a little, but you can work with it.

At least this way you can PLAY and still have the economy mod working in the background. Better than nothing. I dont know a lick about LUA or scripting or anything, sorry this is the best I can do.

Yea I am one of those. Can't really play civ V without this mod because it fixes a lot of the issues I had with the game, so I havn't touched civ V for a long time. Tried some of the other mods, but I just felt that this was the superior one...

With exams and all maybe it wasn't so bad anyway :)

Good to hear Val is working on it now though.

I really can't play the game without this mod. Any idea when it will be released?

BTW, due to the in-game clock you add, all of the right hand side info gets shifted to the left, other than your resource display you also added, so the luxury resource display overlaps.

What I have:
Steam Retail Civ 5 + Babylon/Spain/Mongols DLCs + Economy Mod .5 (No other mods installed)

What I'm experiencing:
I don't see Unit action bar. (I have to do everything by shortcuts)

No other mods were present, what the <bleep> is going on ?

edit: damn I read Your recent post, too bad :( I'll wait for a new version then.

Hey people. Nothing to release just yet as we're still busy with the release of Rise from Erebus 1.31, but I've made a subforum for the Economy Mod on our new website; If you wish to check it out, feel free. I'll probably reply more frequently. ;)

http://greyfox.me/rife/forum/viewforum.php?f=33

Is the latest version V5?

If so, the overlapping problem still occurs.

Is the latest version V5?

If so, the overlapping problem still occurs.

My point is that there is no Luxury Display in the top panel in v5. If you have an overlap issue with that, I don't know what to tell you; It doesn't exist in the mod. You may have an older version of the mod installed that causes the issue, or another mod activated; I have no idea. But the LuxuryDisplay as originally implemented does not exist in v5 of the Economy Mod.

I must have an older version then as the problem comes up whenever in enable economy mod (and goes away when I disable it).

Please please please update this mod. I'm not sure you appreciate how much it completely changes the game for so many of us. Such a shame that the developers are unable to grasp that this is what people want from civ - not a bleeding dumb board game.

Not bothering with Civ 5 in the meantime. Keeping my eyes firmly on this thread...

Top Bottom