Economy Mod

The interface was broken in the update. I was waiting for the hotfix (which I knew was coming) to fix ScriptData. I'll get an update out sometime soon.

Just not today. Not doing anything on my birthday. :p
This has been answered many times...

Happy belated Birthday Valkrionn! Just downloaded the mod...and ran into the trouble. Been reading and I know a fix is coming soon! Simply wanted to say thank you for thinking of this and I look forward to using it.

any idea when the fix will come? I can't do anything to my units ATM. Thanks for the mod in the first place though, it is so much better with it. Also, happy late birthday and happy late christmas if you celebrate that.

My only problem with this mod is that when it comes to my units I don't have a visual of what buttons to press as keyboard shortcuts for certain actions. THis is a disadvantage when it comes to most Great People because there isn't a keyboard shortcut to Hurry Production, for example. And when I am able to upgrade a unit, i have to do some crazy clicking elsewhere, or skip the turn and promote the unit later once the interface lets me. Any idea how to fix this?

Just bought Civ 5 for a self Christmas present. Found your mod did exactly what I wanted, lowered tech speed and increased production.

Spent 3 days reading theis entire thread :)

Can't wait for the next version so I can try it out.

So with techs costing so much, is Trading post + Research agreement spam (you can do it with everyone since they always accept even if they hate you) way too powerful now? I thought it was already too powerful like in my last vanilla game I got extra 3 techs every 40 turns or so. Has anything been done to take this into account?

I love Valk's modpack, but we're not sure when he'll be able to update it, and the things I'm most interested in are these:

Gameplay changes
  • All tech costs increased by 50%.
  • All building costs decreased by 20%.
  • All unit costs decreased by 20%.

• Because, like Valk, I guess, I can't stand the fact that you go through this period where you're uncovering tech after tech after tech when you have, like, three warriors and two buildings.

Is anyone aware of a mod that works with the current patch that tackles these sorts of issues? I can't seem to find one. :(

I love Valk's modpack, but we're not sure when he'll be able to update it, and the things I'm most interested in are these:

Because, like Valk, I guess, I can't stand the fact that you go through this period where you're uncovering tech after tech after tech when you have, like, three warriors and two buildings.

Is anyone aware of a mod that works with the current patch that tackles these sorts of issues? I can't seem to find one. :(
The Balance mods do something similar: Tech cost gradually increases as you advance in eras and production is buffed throughout, with minor tweaks to some unit and building costs. See my sig for link.

Install v.10 of Infoaddict via browser, and remove UnitPanel.lua and UnitPanel_small.xml from Economy Mod/UI/InGame/WorldView.

Infoaddict via browser?

Where is this. Not finding much from googling.

Not web browser, the in-game mod browser. :)

If you open up the mods section of the main menu, and click on the "online" tab, then search for InfoAddict, you should find it easily.

Some suggestions for the future version of the mod.
In early eras there are units which require the same resource & force the player to make some interesting decisions like creating swordmen or catapults, but after that there is no such competition of resources among different units & buildings. An easy way to solve this would be :-
- Constructing Stables & Forage require horses & iron respectively, make them more powerful to balance it out.
- Knights should require iron as well as horse, make their strength a bit higher.
- Modern Armour & Jet Fighters etc should require oil.
In this way strategic resources would become much more useful & nations could fight with each other to get them.

Install v.10 of Infoaddict via browser, and remove UnitPanel.lua and UnitPanel_small.xml from Economy Mod/UI/InGame/WorldView.

After following your instructions, UI had been shown, but I wasn't able to choose production in cities.

Top Bottom