Egyption Successtion

I can't remember what York did during my turns. London was the big settler/worker producer for me. (The only wonders available were the Colossus and Lighthouse - neither of which could be built in London.)

I rarely get the whip out to rush improvements. I'd rather wait until my civ is a republic then buy them. Since playing in these succession games I have been learning new things and altering my play style.:)

I'll write my summery now, but here's the save file Pggar.

In 210 A.D. a young priest named Josiah, apparently he had been named after some leader in the past, was picked to lead the council untill a new leader could be picked.
But Josiah new what England would need to deal with its neighbors. He bribed who could be bribed and poisoned who he could not. This is how the raign of the First king of the english started.

210 A.D. Fighter ambushed by barbarians and killed
250- People decided to enlarge castile
270- Our fighter is avenged and 25 gold is added to our coffers
280- The evil Huns kill our longtime scout. This leads to revolution across our mighty empire. In many large citys Josiah must employ entertainers to keep the fithy mobs from destroying buildings

320- We love Josiah day started in York. Also our spies tell Josiah that The chinese have started the Great Wall. Josiah fines his best prouduction city and begines it to. Josiah will not let any infidels have a wondor.
330- the people decied that they only want 1 leader, Josiah. He is made king and the monarchy begines in our empire.
350- we get construction from the russians and the chinese, thanks to the new Great Library.
400-We now no the secrets of currency and have entered a new age.
:king:

I built all of those citys in the jungle because if we can get a "culteral" border we can start settleing that penisula with all the sweet resorces.

Pggar - A couple of short comments.

Change the production in Brighton / Leeds to something OTHER then worker. They are going to waste a lot of turns producing NOTHING waiting for the city to grow before the workers are produced.

Kill the aqueduct in York and make it a worker. Kill the tax collector, and use the other flood plains. The city will grow every other turn, and let us pump out a lot of workers. We have a lot of crap terrain to clean up.

Here's the file. I'll post my log in a few minutes. You're up now Jaffa. Remember that you should play 15 turns.

A new ruler arises to the throne. Your majesty Pggar looks at his kingdom and sighs. WTF those cities are too close together and in the middle of the jungle, but life must go on.

(1) 420ad - Killed a Vandal warrior. Producing temple at Leeds.

(2) 430ad - Our golden age has finished. Bulding courthouse in Coventry. Hasting producing courthouse instead of Great Wall.

(3) 440ad - Canterbury building marketplace. Norwich a temple.

(7) 480ad - The Hanging Gardens finished in London. London now producing The Great Wall (10 turns). Rushed a library in Dover. Finished courthouse in Nottingham.

(8) 490ad - Finished library in Berwick.

(9) 500ad - Finished worker in Nottingham. Dover built a spearman.

(10) 510ad - We now have acces to horses. Berwick finishes a worker. Newcastle built a courthouse. 25 gold from Vandal encampment.

(12) 530ad - Worker in Newcastle. We discovered Republic. Now going to research Monotheism. I'm not changing government right now as it doesn't seem to be the best option at the time. Our cities should grow a bit more.

(13) 540ad - York and Hasting have built courthouses.

(14) 550ad - Canterbury buids a marketplace. Liverpool built a library. Speraman finishe in Dove

(15) 560ad - Warwick finishes temple.

Summary

- Since the chinese were faster expanding to the north, we will have have to settle in the south peninsula. The group settler/spearman to the south is automated and they will move 2 times to the south (diagonal) to get to the city location. There's a spearmen outside Dove waiting for the other settler to come.
- I don't think that changing to republic will help us much because everything we win will be lost to unit upkeep, but the decision is up to you.
- I think we should destroy China because they are in our way, we will get another luxurie (fur), and they don't have a good defense against the horses we can build now.
- With 4-5 luxuries marketplaces are really helpfull in keeping our people happy, and when we build Smith's Trade, they will become free.

That's it. If something else comes up, I'll let you know.

The south peninsula looks good for cities - lots of grassland and an elephant. Luxuries are good - and we've got lots of vino! How's about some road to India and China so we can trade? We may be able to make some good profits. War with China is not inevitable and republic may not be so bad with all those markets we're building and all the luxuries we're garnering.

I guess it all depends on how we want to win...:D

Should we try to plant a city in the plains near India?

I agree - The southern Pennisula :D

I can even be irragated - Clear the jungle by the river, and irragate south. Of course, that will take a long time.:crazyeyes

Pggar,
the reason I put those citys so close togather is I hate it when civ build in "My" area and I wanted all the jungle to ourselves. If Just one more city could be built west of the ones I built we would have a culter border from sea to sea.

(1) 570AD Switched research to Feudalism for Art of War. Let's go get those wonders :) Traded old technologies for cash and everybody's world maps. The other civ must be stuck on an island somewhere. -- switched Liverpool to producing a galley for exploring. Cancelled order for temple in Norwich -- this town should be eliminated.

(2) 580AD Russia gave us Feudalism in exchange for Republic (their idea). London finished Great Wall and started on Art of War. Our elite archer on the peninsula was attacked by a stream of Gepid horsemen, and barely survived.

(3) 590AD Chinese settler+warrior crossed into our territory from Nanking. Warned China to remove their troops. We'll see if they comply...

(4) 600AD Of course, they didn't. Does the AI ever remove troops after saying their going to? Went to the 'remove your troops or declare WAR' option, and they actually did take their troops out. Whoo!

(5) 610AD Galley finished in Liverpool. We're going exploring!

(6) 620AD Road to China completed. Unfortunately they don't connect to anyone else, and I don't want to set up trade agreements with China as I expect to be at war with them soon.

(7) 630AD Rush-built temple in Leeds. When Leeds expands it's culture will fill the hole left when Norwich goes away. Sussex finished first horseman.

(8) 640AD Ho hum.

(9) 650AD The Chinese have a ship exploring round OUR peninsula. I sense war coming soon..

(10) 660AD Disease hits Leeds :(

(11) 670AD Disease hits Brighton :( :(

(12) 680AD More disease in Brighton. Now at size 1. Can disease completely wipe out a size 1 town?

(13) 690AD Great Lighthouse completed in Bristol :) Birmingham founded.

(14) 700AD Chinese build Macao and block the road I was building to India. Grrr.

(15) 710AD Norwich converted to settler. Harbor built in Liverpool.

We're researching chivalry. Upgrade the horsemen when we get it.

War with China, or trade with China. Either works.

We have a spare settler who used to be Norwich. Not sure what to do with him. Fill in gaps, or send him off in a galley.

We're so far ahead we could do pretty much anything from here. Pick a higher difficulty level next time :)

I will d/l the save later this evening (sorry, I'm out of my room). I am also sorry about the difficulty level this is my first succsession game. If you guys want to restart on a harder difficulty b/c this is not interesting thats ok, but I am having a blast. I love civ3!:goodjob:
Man I don't get all the whinners on the gen discus Forum.

This difficulty is ok. I spent all morning playing on emperor level - and boy, does that hurt!:spank:

Well my 15 were kinda boring but thats b/c I don't now what we are doing. All I did was start a jungle clearing project with some of the workers. I think before we go on we should decied if we are going to war or not. I say yes, it looks like an easy grab.

710 -Changed the sci rate so we were out of the read.

750 -Archer puts down some barbs.

780 -We learn chivalry, one of our gallys was lost at sea

790 -Palace expanson

820 -New city founed on island south of main land

So your up Donsig, everybody post your ideas on china :king:

870 AD: 2 libraries built and 2 harbors started. A great capital expenditure program is undertaken. Traded maps with Ghandi.

880 AD: Sun Tsu is English.

890 AD: Traded maps with Catherine and Bismark.

900 AD: Magyars dealt with.

900 AD: English theology blossoms while a more down to earth (moving) subject is popularly studied.

970 AD: Celts dispersed.

990 AD: LAND HO! A new island discovered near Russia! We see horses.

In addidtion to the many new improvements to our English cities, the jungle clearing continued and Jersey, Northumberland and Hong Kong were founded. (I wish I could do a screen shot. Hong Kong is on the coast between two Chinese cities. :D )

There are settlers on the way to the southern peninsula. We need some for our new island now! Our horsemen and catapults are concentrating near the Chinese border. I say we pound them like there's no tomorrow. I was very tempted to start a war when three of their workers wandered right by one of our horsemen.

Do we have any embassies? Are we a republic? I wasn't even paying attention. London is working on the Sistine Chapel.

EDIT: Saved game deleted to conserve server space!

Why did we build Hong Kong? Way to squeezed.

1020 - Our homeland defense sucks! My fifteen years will be getting rid of warriors in place of veteran spearman.

1030 - We peacefully get Anyang via culture. Switch Jersey to temple. I want to get the cow on-line.

1040 - I catch Automated workers and kill them. They are incredibly stupid, and I never use them.

1050 - We peacefully get Nanking via culture.

1060 - Cambridge is formed, ending the incense colony.

1130 - We begin researching Education. Lots of nice wonders down that path.

1140 - Land ho! Who cares? A 2 square island with 2 mountains. :lol:

Can we come to an agreement to NOT automate workers? I simply do not enjoy the game with automated workers

edit - Deleted old game save.

Culture conversions?!? Does that mean no war with China?

I never automate workers either, but I don't know how to unautomate them.:(

"Get the cow on line." I love it!:lol:

I can't play right now, but in 3 hours i'll start the game. Later this night I'll post the results.

Originally posted by donsig
I never automate workers either, but I don't know how to unautomate them.
Just click them.

I ' sorry. I am really lazy and then to automate my workers. Sorry I know its crazy :crazyeyes and that micromanaging them is much more effecent. If it bothers you, from now on I will take care of them

Top Bottom