1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

elder scrolls mod development thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by smortt, Oct 14, 2011.

1. smortt

smortt Warlord

I know, I know, but the tribunal held much power in the past (I'm referencing "last year of the first era"). Maybe I'm biased toward Vivec :lol::lol::lol: . Anyway, adding leaders later is not a big deal - Symmachus, barenziah or helseth could fit.
    Guilds, well, I remember thinking about it and realizing they will be difficult to fit into the corporations model. But, I'll maybe think again.

I can release an alpha version right now (or, quite soon), if it's not for the graphics!!!!! I need someone to make unit graphics (mostly)... noone seem to volunteer.

My Great people lists (input/ suggestions/ corrections are appresiated):

Great spies (mostly thieves, sadly; plus I'm still unsure whether espionage'll be in ):

Spoiler :

Springheel Jak
    Gray Fox
    Colin Vineben
    Letine Arese
    Arcus
    Khasha
    Remar Vel
    Radhasa
    Marall
    Lady Brisienna
    Caius Cosades
    Jauffre
    Baurus
    Corda
    Miramor
    Cassyr Whitley
    Eno Hlaalu
    Goren Andarys
    Dunsalipal Dun-Ahhe
    Lucien Lachance
    Gentleman Jim Stacey
    Tiram Gadar
    Elmussa Damori
    Clerk Skye
    Marguerite Diel
    Saveri Faram
    The Agent

generals:

Spoiler :

Saint Felms
    Makela Leki
    Nerevar
    Pelinal Whitestrake
    Gaiden Shinji
    Amiel Richton
    Uriel V
    Reman Cyrodiil
    Camoran Usurper
    Snow Prince
    Symmachus
    Titus Mede
    Aiden Direnni
    A'tor
    Bolvyn Venim
    Lord Bridwell
    Cyrus
    Derik the Tall
    Frandar Hunding
    Fasil Umbranox
    Juilek Cyrodiil
    Jurgen Windcaller
    Lysirius
    Mansel Sesnit
    Nerevarine
    Warhaft
    Ysgramor
    Eddar Olin
    Tertius Ione
    Thules the Gibbering
    Takar
    Cuhlecain
    Morihaus
    Ulfric Stormcloak
    Tullius
    Legate Rikke
    Gormlaith Golden-Hilt
    Saint Alessia
    Potema

engineers (them I lack the most; do you have any ides for more?):
    some of them are really stretching it, but, well...
    Spoiler :

Kagrenac
    Yagrum Bagarn
    Vuhon
    Luel
    Radac Stungnthumz
    Aryon
    Shalidor
    Taris Rendil
    Bthuand Mzahnch

merchants (I used travellers, shop owners, presumably rich family heads, whatever):
    Spoiler :

Topal the Pilot
    Saint Rilms
    Saint Delyn
    Rolard Nordssen
    Alexandre Hetrard
    Nchunak
    Dram Bero
    Natalia Dravarol
    Elante of Alinor
    Palonirya
    Lord Atrius
    Lord Vanech
    Orvas Dren
    Velanda Omani
    Ixtah-Nasha
    Iniel Sintav
    Severius Atius
    Tamika
    Gaston Surilie
    Fathis Ules
    Nilphas Omellian

great mages
    Spoiler :

Sotha Sil
    Vanus Galerion
    Saint Seryn
    Iachesis
    Morian Zenas
    Mynista Skeffington
    Saint Meris
    Turala
    Celarus
    Sargenius
    Jagar Tharn
    Mannimarco
    Seif-ij Hidja
    Gothren
    Neloth
    Dratha
    Therana
    Erer Darothil
    Asliel Direnni
    Jovron Direnni
    Pelladil Direnni
    Sul
    Annaig Hoinart
    Umaril the Unfeathered
    Zurin Arctus
    Hethoth
    Welloc
    Divayth Fyr
    Ocato
    Ancotar
    Trebonius Artorius
    Hannibal Traven
    Martina Floria
    Bralsa Andaren
    Sinderion
    Selene of Shagrath
    Azra Nightwielder
    Frathen Drothan
    Gedna Relvel
    Ria Silmane
    Sage Tjurhane Fyrre
    Lazarum

artists:
    Spoiler :

Weltan
    Destri Melarg
    Uthilla Abuhk
    Casmyr Kreestrom
    Rythe Lythandas
    Quill-Weave
    Casta Scribonia
    Waughin Jarth
    Tavi Dromio
    Reven
    Agronak gro-Malog
    Kieran the Bard
    Nesmyt
    Baloth-Kul
    Zershishi Mus-Manul
    Anthil Morvir
    Crassius Curio
    Ampyrian Brum

prophets:
    Spoiler :

Marukh
    Veloth
    Rid-Thar-ri'Datta
    Saint Aralor
    Saint Roris
    Saint Olms
    Saint Llothis
    Tholer Saryoni
    Xarxes
    Sage Eraintine
    Saint Jiub
    Errandil
    Taheritae
    Urvwen
    Cuilean Darnizhaan
    The Prophet
    Mankar Camoran
    Nibani Maesa
    Gilvas Barelo
    Esbern

2. 4lexander

4lexander Warlord

Try updating the thread title, something like "elder scroll mod almost ready - need graphics!"

Maybe this could do your project more visibility ;)

Keep up the good work

3. smortt

smortt Warlord

Sadly, I can't edit titles, but I've posted a request in the unit graphics mod, so hopefully someone will raise the glove.

4. 4lexander

4lexander Warlord

I hope so too. ;)

This project is too good to sank now

5. smortt

smortt Warlord

- refining & balancing traits & unique improvements for some civs.
    - finding existant graphics for units.

still to do (myself):
    - revise religions
    - think about undead & daedric units

still to do (need help):
    - graphics for world wonders & movies (some vanilla and downloaded wonders fit nicely, others I lack)
    - graphics for units
    - graphics for leaderheads (not sure yet whether static ones will be better)
    - graphics for something else I'm not spoiling yet.
    - graphics for flags

6. smortt

smortt Warlord

tech tree :

Note there are some civilization - specific technologies in red. There are other, invisible technologies.
    Also, ignore the spaceship parts in later techs.

buildings (ignore the religious buildings, they will be soon revised; plus there are couple of "fake" buildings - anti-mage and mage trainer, which are not buildable and exist only for specific bonuses):

wonders (national wonders are complete, including some civ-specific; most of world wonders still need new graphics):

promotions (many new, not only for mages):

7. Cristoval

Cristoval Warlord

I don't know if you have thought of this but, space race victory could be the equivalent of the Dwarven mystery. Some how the Dwarves left to another dimension or planet. Whatever discovery they made could be made into a victory type for this mod. So I guess you could call it "Transcendence Victory" or something like that. Just an idea.

8. smortt

smortt Warlord

kudos!

It may be obvious from the latest techs, but spaceship= numidium :)

So much for spoilers

9. Minigrinch

Minigrinch Chieftain

I was in the middle of making my own little scenario on tamriel, and for religions I had:

Christianity: 9 Divines
    Buddhism: 8 Divines (Thalmor forced the Empire to follow this)
    Islam: The Yokudan (redguard homeland, still followed in hammerfell) pantheon + swordsinger mysticism.
    Hinduism: Argonian Hist Worship
    Taoism: The Khajiit Pantheon, Similiar to 9 Divines but different enough to warrant another religion imo.
    Judaism: Daedra heavy worship and the Tribunal
    Confucianism: Orcish Malacath Worship

I didn't really change units or buildings as I have no prior modding experience, but I had the map with factions completed, at least an early state of it.

10. smortt

smortt Warlord

Are you still working in this?
    Do you want to join the effort?
    Or if anybody else wants to help, I need mostly graphics, but I need also to write all kinds of texts, descriptions, civilopedia entries for a lot of stuff.

Regarfing religions, I am still unsure, but I'm inclined to have 2 pre-defined religions (for argonians and bosmer), and 5-7 other, tech-researchable religions (for now it's 2 aedric "pantheons", daedra, tribunal, monoteism(alessian order), ancestral spirits).

That makes both of us!
    But I'm making progress nonetheless

11. Minigrinch

Minigrinch Chieftain

I got caught up because for some reason I can't edit the Scenario save then continue making world builder edits (it fails to save). Long story short I lost about 3 hours of editing the civs in the save, then about 1 hour of worldbuilder edits before realising I couldn't save anymore.

Also are you using the Tamriel map that was put on this forum a while ago, because I've edited Skyrim to be closer to the games map and I also have a version with Vvardenfell destroyed or undestroyed.

And when I suggested religions I thought it was going to be a more predefined scenario, mine was based at the beginning of the events in Skyrim, with Skyrim split in two (Whiterun is barbarian :p), Morrowind desolate and under Argonian control with the Dunmer restricted to Soltheim (Gave them the Telvanni Islands because I felt bad), and I included Yokuda and the Maormer because screw continuity in a world of magic, I want my sword wizards and snake riders. :D

12. smortt

smortt Warlord

Yeah, I'll use the map made by -sr (there are too different sized versions), though I still need to edit it, at least to add new resources.
    my "scenario" is as base civ4 - each race starts at "their" province with one city, supposedly at the start of the Merethic era (when time became linear).
    The map has yokuda and pyandonea, though in the first version the civs are only the games' races. !

- predefined scenarios of different times\ wars can are of course be added later.
    - eventually I plan on having a mapscript for random balanced maps. It'll require bosmer to start in forests, argonians in jungle, etc. But... that's distant future. For now it's just one or 2 maps.

Currently I'm browsing big mods for unit graphics (ffh2, rise of manking).

13. Minigrinch

Minigrinch Chieftain

I kinda just went with random resources then redistrubited them to give semi-monopolies for some, eg skyrim is full of silver (thalmor have one or two), elsweyr is full of "sugar" :p (I wish I could mod properly) while pyandonea has 3-4 sugar (regular kind).

-sr's map is great except he missed the desert in northern pyandonea, skyrim needs updating since its based on pre oblivion maps so even the mountains are all out of position but I would assume you want morrowind untouched to prevent imbalance.

14. smortt

smortt Warlord

Do you want to edit both -sr's maps for me? Or you already did that? Could you send it to me later?
    I mean terrain, mountains, deserts, etc. Resources I'll add later, because I have many new ones.
    And I don't have Skyrim... but I'll bear that silver in mind

The map is one of the last things on my "to do" list, but eventually I'll need to do it.

15. 4lexander

4lexander Warlord

Good news :thumbsup:

What about magic system?

Considering you're already using FFH as a source (like I suggested) you could have a look into to find interesting work.

For istance both FFH & TES have magic schools, so FFH ones could be edited to represent TES lore ones.

I think things like this could add more depth to the project with minor work. Let me know

16. smortt

smortt Warlord

Not really using, just trying to find some graphics there and use them...
    And I don't really know their magic system.
    Mine is pretty basic: there is some dozen magic techs, which enable some buildings, units, promotions.
    Mages (just 4 units, plus special ones for some sivs) are weak but can potentially become very powerfull by getting a lot of promotions (fire3+shock3--> master of destruction; which is extremely powerfull). 7 promotions seems a lot, but is reachable if you specialize (mages college+battlespire national wonder+ being altmer, etc).

Anyway! I plan to finish the resources and improvements this weekend; and then to re-think about units and unit graphics.
    (sadly, reall life tends to interfere)

17. Minigrinch

Minigrinch Chieftain

Okay, after learning some nifty WBS editing techniques (Copy and paste :lol: ), here you go!

This is only the large one, I never even downloaded his small version sorry, never really enjoyed short civ games. :p

Attached Files:

18. smortt

smortt Warlord

thank you very much!!!! :D:D:D

I'll use it.

Me too!

It's just that my computer is too bad for big maps (another obstacle for this mod!)
    And, of course, when I'll get a new computer (not soon) I'll probably get civilizaion 5 and Skyrim... so that's the other side of the coin

19. smortt

smortt Warlord

I'm thinking of adding ashlands terrain, I'm not sure if thats a good idea.

Shouldn't there be more snow and tundra in Skyrim? Is it somewhat consistent now with skyrim the game? And don't worry about balance, the nords will manage.

I'll replace the jungles in elseweyr and valenwood for forests because jungls in this mod are really only the black marsh ones - hostile and swamp-like, only good for argonians, difficult to chop.

20. Minigrinch

Minigrinch Chieftain

Maybe the north coast should mainly be tundra, but once you get skyrim you will see the terrain is actually pretty varied (probably more plain than grassland), the only other area that should maybe be plains and tundra only is the area in eastern skyrim with the 3 lakes and hills in the middle, other than a few patches around the lakes, that valley is sorta hot springs/geothermal vents, so I don't really know what could represent it.

The main reason I kept it that way is because Skyrim gets split East/West in the civil war, and the West has a LOT more farmland, so I thought the east should get some grassland to make up for it, yet I suppose sheep/deer could offset it a bit more.