elder scrolls mod development thread

oh no don't worry; just use the name of the technology\ building\whatever, ; basic magic is TXT_KEY_TECH_BASIC_MAGIC_PEDIA for civilopedia and TXT_KEY_TECH_BASIC_MAGIC_QUOTE for quote. It's doesn't really matter, if it's wrong I'll just fix it later, it just needs to correspond with the same name in techinfos, and I'm not sure I even nemed them all.

/// and thanks !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

...and :

(this is how I tried to turn the great wall into ghost fence) :lol::lol::lol:

and I fixed white gold tower from earlier.. :

Wow man you're a machine. You can create 3D models and code? one day I will hopefully be like you.

I did neither! :D:D:D

As I wrote above, the models were converted from oblivion (one of the games taking place in this mod's world), and not by me, but by hrochland !
I just meddled a bit with the imperial palace nif using nifskope , but I don't really know how to use this program :D , though I tried for almost a day to understand how it works... :eek: it's a really good program, but I really don't have the time to mess with it... So units graphics are needed to be done by someone else. any volunteers? :mischief::mischief::mischief:

so, all credit goes to hrochland the almighty

As for coding, I only did xml... The most I've done in python is taking orions limited religions mod and deleting parts of it, while still thinking how to add some function I need :confused::confused::confused:

I'm really sorry but real life has been interfering lately so I havn't got anything done, and with Christmas coming up I doubt I will get much done in the next few weeks either. :(

Sorry I can't help anymore.

The most important thing is you have fun doing it.

If you want to save that for last, the pro would be that once you'll find the graphic assets, you could be already done for most of the rest, and be near to release. :)

Good work in any case.

Update:

I've been integrating various unit graphics, seeking all over the database, FFH2, cavemen to cosmos, and other mods; reskinning many units (mostly orcs, dunmer and argonians). What's left are only Khajiit units and the 4 mage units for all of the races. (plus GP, missionaries, ships. but that's minor). Some of my re-skins are really ugly... but hey.
Khajiits and mages are tricky to find...

re-skinned argonian warrior from iksar race made by dual:

Attachments

• argonian.JPG
    argonian.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 935
Wow... that does not look like an Argonian... It is an Argonian, for Akatosh!

It is even far better than the Lizardmen from FFH that I wanted to suggest... :goodjob:

May I suggest a more "colourful" skin texture? I know their skin is mostly dark brown in colour, but it also comes with brighter colours reflections, this looks a bit too flat.

Looks great :) Are you going to release that separately?
hmm if you want I can upload the argonian units.

Wow... that does not look like an Argonian... It is an Argonian, for Akatosh!

It is even far better than the Lizardmen from FFH that I wanted to suggest... :goodjob:

May I suggest a more "colourful" skin texture? I know their skin is mostly dark brown in colour, but it also comes with brighter colours reflections, this looks a bit too flat.

Yeah I've seen the FFH lizards but they didn't look argonian, and then I've come across these, so I adopted and reskinned them :)

... and I did use one of FFH variants for a unique naga unit. But I think I'll change it again.
EDIT: changed it to this

I've made a couple of color variations, so some of the units are colored differently.

And I hope they won't slow the game, because Dual's models for the head and tail are huge, much bigger then vanilla units.

Khajiits are bugging me though... :confused::confused:

this unit from FFH is the only one I've been able to find: (for senche rider)

Attachments

• ללא שם.JPG
    ללא שם.JPG
    7.6 KB · Views: 1,627
I think I'm getting close to alpha release (I know I've said 31.12, but oh well).
I have only khajiit unit graphics and map editing left (see first post in the thread).
I simplified a couple of things (notably religions), but hopefully for future releases I will add and redesign many things (see, again, first post).
Beside that, there are numerous other things that will maybe find their way to this version.

-
Things I've finished during the last few weeks:

unit graphics (except khajiit) + dds pics (mostly different for different looking units, means that a redguard pikeman will have a "black" pikeman icon... it took me a while but I've done that; a lot of dds's...)
religions (simpler approach, will be expanded upon in the future) + symbols + gamefont.tga (for resources and religions)+ religious buildings, missionaries, etc.

--

Khajiit graphics I lack... I'll try to reskin/ reshape (my nifskope skills are very limited) some units to appear cat-like.

All the Divines together cannot reward you enough. :)

Jokes apart, for Khajiit I thought you could edit some jaguar warrior unit if there is any.

I mean, any unit with a feline animal head as a mask. I think there should be something like this.

With an accurate remodeling and retexturing you could make it appear "real" expecially if you can make the skin fit with the original mask...

Just an idea, I've no experience in modding. Let me know whenever it could be of any usefulness.

Happy New Year!!!

Yeah I'll try different approaches this and next week :) thx

plus someone is developing something similar
, but it seems it'll take them some time.

... and, there's a reason it's an alpha version :), I never tested for balance, so I will expect people to play it and give me some feedback. (my computer is sub-optimal for civ4 in general, so I test it mostly on random small maps, and not on the huge tamriel maps made by -sr).
Random maps, however, are not balanced because bosmer, argonians may spawn outside their natural environmernts, and various resources need more serious balancing, etc.

Eventually, however, I'll aim for random world generator which will take all this into account...

Just readen all topic, I agree they are exactly what "we" (you) need.

Expecially if the author will ever do the tiger version texture- which is way more fit to khajit appearance.

May I suggest to try your own methods first as a temporary solution for your first release? Then whenever those assets will be released you could choose which is better for further releases. ;)

Top Bottom