elder scrolls mod development thread

New skyrim animals
Civ4ScreenShot0320.JPG

Remaking vanilla animals was a side job while I was making unique units for the Khajiit.
There are Pahmar, Senche, and Senche Rider
123.jpg

The rest of the Khajiit are already done.
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0325.JPG

Perhaps the Sencherider will be redone. He uses heavy cavalry animation, which does not look bad in the game, but could be much better. I saw on the forum how someone combined the animation of light cavalry and camel archer, but I have not yet figured out how this can be implemented. Ideally, it would be good to combine the animation of a panther and light cavalry.

And I uploaded the animals from the previous post.

Update:
I've added different spell effects. With the sounds from Skyrim, they are very authentic.
Also, I made a necromancer. Perhaps many other Skyrim units will soon be in mod.
Spoiler :

Civ4ScreenShot0327.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0329.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0330.JPG

Last edited:
Not so long ago, I started animating and applying shaders to my old models and ran into some problems.
First of all, I can't scale the leader. At all. Even the camera doesn't move. I haven't seen such a problem before, so I don't even know where to look.
Secondly, when switching between leaders, the shaders break and the model starts to shine like crazy.
Does anyone know what I did wrong here?

Fixed. The problem was in the "Has Vertex Color" and "Has_tangents" option. Sometimes I'm very stupid.
Here's a new leader for the Argonians. It is fully animated. Enjoy
Civ4ScreenShot0346.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0345.JPG

Last edited:
Slightly? It looks completely different. :lol::thumbsup:
I just applied shaders and added armor from Skyrim. The model itself has not changed, so yes, "slightly" :)

Tiber Septim has now also got shaders and animated armor.
Civ4ScreenShot0357.JPG

I did not animate the fingers on the gloves, as they seemed to me monstrously complicated. So Tiber is now a fashionista.

Last edited:
Now work on the interface will be suspended. Perhaps I will make changes in the future. In any case, now he is as close to oblivion as it is possible in my conditions.
Also, I was finally able to solve a problem that had been haunting me for about 10 years. Now the buttons on the bottom panel are not surrounded by a frame.
Spoiler :

Civ4ScreenShot0372.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0373.JPG

With small screen resolutions, it doesn't look so impressive, but it is playable.
Civ4ScreenShot0374.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0375.JPG

Last edited:
@ramzay1945 this is amazing work mate! :) I've been looking for Elder Scrolls mods for Civ games in my scenario super search & rescue thread so I'm super happy to find this old mod thread and see that you're working on an enhanced version of it! How far away do you think a public release is?
The link to the old version is still in my discord channel. However, a lot has changed since then. I can't devote much time to this particular project right now, but it's close to being completed.

The link to the old version is still in my discord channel. However, a lot has changed since then. I can't devote much time to this particular project right now, but it's close to being completed.

No worries mate, I see your discord link is in your sig so I've joined up, gone digging and can see your 0.1 beta download. The latest stuff you've been posting since then is brilliant so I look forward to that beta 0.2 one day. ;)

I'll add your project into my super search list thread for people to find it in the next day or so. The super search thread results eventually feed into a big Civ in HD with mods video series I'm doing so no doubt I'll get to doing a video of your awesome work eventually. :)

Oh and I notice you're relying on personal cloud storage, so I should also mention that I have large file upload access here at CFC so if the time comes that you want a copy uploaded to here just let me know. :) I also always recommend ModDB to modders as its been around for 20+ years, had a big audience, and most importantly it hosts large files and pictures.
https://www.moddb.com/games/civilization-iv/mods

EDIT: Oh and FYI using 7zip (another thing I often recommend to modders to help with sharing their stuff) I was able to get your 320MB zip file down to 212MB. Quite a difference in compression size!

Last edited:
Top Bottom