elder scrolls mod development thread

I have to agree with MalayanGamer. The skinning and texturing are of exceptional skill and artistry.

And you make it seem easy, but I imagine armor needs to be rigged?

If you don't mind me asking, one thing I'd like to learn is how to add Oblivion armor meshes to leaderheads. Are there any tutorials you'd recommend?

I've been learning how to do unit weaponswaps and nifswaps, but for example, how would I swap in this modified Pit Armor?

Spoiler Oblivion Pit Armor 'LeatherBrown' :
LeatherBrown Pit Armour (shoulder guards removed).png

Thanks a lot ramzay. Your hard work, creativity, and quality of art are inspirational :king: :thumbsup:

Anyone can help me?
I use the Scrolling Scoreboard python component, like thish
But the scoreboard has no gray background (1)
Other boards has backgrounds (2)
How to made ascrolling scoreboard with gray background?

Earlier, I wrote about interface errors that have been bothering me for a long time. Now I've fixed it
Spoiler :

Upd.: quickmade Nelot
I made it to write a small tutorial. I'll post it soon.

Last edited:
the art in this in going development is amazing!
Thanks!

It looks like I've completely removed the python extension popups.
Unit_inquisitor - part of the unused code from Gods_of_Old. I may add inquisitors someday, but I don't need them right now.
Religion_christianity, religion_islam, religion_judaism, civilization_america, unit_privateer are obviously hard-coded in exe or dll. Perhaps, this had to be solved by simply renaming something existing.
Anyway, now these errors should not appear.

A complete rework of python and xml tags seems to have removed many other bugs as well. In any case, the game now does not crash suddenly.
However, I had to temporarily remove the "artifacts" module. I'll have it back by the time the next version is released.

After playing around for a while, I thought there was too much space on continental Morrowind. Therefore, the Telvanni will now be a full-fledged civilization with its own set of unique units and buildings.

That interface looks really nice. I've converted a lot of stuff from Oblivion and Skyrim. Let me know if there's anything you want.

This link may work. This is from a couple of weeks ago. I've restarted from scratch and have a better version, but it's not finished yet.

https://gyazo.com/246e486192cd1b0fef877f3bc62a393e

I'm still working on the weight painting for this one. Once I get this one done properly, I think I can then copy the weights to some other nifs. There are about two dozen so a weighted template was the most practical thing I could think of.

https://gyazo.com/804580cb9ec138c12df4617cbf1edbdf

Last edited:
I have about 500 gigs or so of Skyrim mods I believe and quite a few for Oblivion. Converting the asset is pretty easy and only takes a couple of minutes. Statics are easy to replace, but units take a little while. I'm still learning how to skin and rig. Let me know what you're looking for. I'll provide the vanilla asset and a lower poly version if you like.

Here you go. I did this a couple months ago. I could do something a little better now, but this should still work. You can take the wings off and sword if you like. I was making Mardero for FFH. It uses <KFM>Art/Units/Swordsman/Swordsman.kfm</KFM> for the animation.

Attachments

• xivilai.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 32
I could do something a little better now, but this should still work
Well, that's pretty interesting. But it's very big. Over the past half year, I have done a lot of work to bring all the mod models to the standards of the game. After all, the size of the models has a very large impact on the size and quality of the modification itself. So, infantry should weigh no more than 90kb, cavalry - no more than 180kb. To do this, when converting, I use the 3d max MultiRes tool to start with. Then I smooth the model and remove the duplicate verticlees.
Unfortunately, I can't include large models in the mod, no matter how good they are.

To the news of the next release:
After I finish working on the interface (I need to finish the lower right part with the map), I will start working on the great houses of Morrowind.
I never wanted to use corporations before, but now they seem like a pretty good idea. A total of 6 great houses are planned: Indoril, Hlaalu, Redoran, Telvanni, Dres and Sadras. Corporations, unlike religions, are convenient in this regard, since they have to be paid for, they give bonuses and conflict with each other. This is truly the perfect mechanic for the great houses of Morrowind!
3 of them will be available at the start, the rest will need to be founded. I haven't figured out how to make them available only in Morrowind, but I'm working on it.
Each great house will have its own effects, buildings, and unique units. In this plan, the system of unique units and buildings of the three available Morrowind civilizations will be redesigned.
I have no idea what effects each great house (corporation) will wear. Here I am waiting for suggestions.

Redoran is militaristic, Hlaalu diplomatic, Telvanni mystic/research, Indoril religious. Maybe something based off of those. That might translate well into Civ 4. You could make all the Ashlander tribes a single entity either as a corporation or barbarians. Do you plan on making the eight divines as a religion. I think doing them individually could be a bit much. Deadra worship could be something and a large percentage of men view Talos as divine. That could be something as well. Maybe Talos worship could have a penalty that will increase unrest in cities.

I'll reduce the poly count for the xivilai. I might start over and improve it some since I'm more familiar with weight painting now.

I've finished my dragon template.

https://gyazo.com/f66bea872253eb12e9c0a246e9dbbb80

I have no plans for the Ashlanders right now. But maybe I'll remember them some day.
Regarding religions - there are 8 divines and a daedra as religions. But the implementation of their division into separate cults for each deity seems to me something complicated and impractical. I don't see any ideas how to implement this in the mechanics of civilization. Perhaps it would be something similar to Hinduism in Europa Universalis IV, but I don't think that's possible.

Regarding dragons-interesting work. But where did they get their front legs? I don't remember that Martin in oblivion or the dragons of Skyrim having 4 legs.

Most men and mer revere the divines so that would be a good religion. I think making individual aedra and daedra worship would be too complicated as well. The biggest distinction to that I think would be that the dunmer followed the Tribunal and also practiced ancestor worship.

I made the front legs for FFH dragons. The default dragon mesh from Skyrim does not have front legs. Martin becoming the avatar of Akatosh doesn't have front legs either.

Most men and mer revere the divines so that would be a good religion. I think making individual aedra and daedra worship would be too complicated as well. The biggest distinction to that I think would be that the dunmer followed the Tribunal and also practiced ancestor worship.

I made the front legs for FFH dragons. The default dragon mesh from Skyrim does not have front legs. Martin becoming the avatar of Akatosh doesn't have front legs either.

I have previously published a list of religions. This can be viewed below. I don't want to change them in any way at this stage, because it will take a long time.
Maybe sometime in the future.

Spoiler :

I can't upload my new version, she's not ready :(

but
Spoiler :

New creature: Daedroth

Spoiler :

New religion system

Whoops, I misread that. You were asking for suggestions for corporations, not religions. I can't view the spoiler for the religions you attached. What page was that on?

Top Bottom