1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Eleanor of Aquitaine Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Gwelengu

Gwelengu Chieftain

I've been trying Eleanor lately as England. My last game was on Emperor with Continents. My strategy going into the game was to go full-on culture and flip my neighbors, and then pick up Sea Dogs for some naval shenanigans to compound the loyalty stuff. I had a bit of misfortune, I actually lost a culture victory against Shaka of all people, but it was close. I had barely any faith output and he kept spamming rock bands at me, I could barely produce any without them dying. So even though we were neck-and-neck with my tourism and culture higher, he won.

I'm not a super experienced player. I never really got the Sea Dogs up fast enough to do much with them because my production was just awful in my coastal cities so I kept trying to build up infrastructure to boost production (shipyards, industrial zones). I probably should have balanced science and culture more, because they were too outdated by the time I got the infrastructure.

I'm finding Eleanor to be a bit tricky! I did manage to flip some cities, but not enough. My war was too difficult with my low tech, and the war weariness actually made the city flipping harder! Also, I really needed some of that faith for Rock Bands, and I was flipping Kongo, who had no holy sites. :sad:

I'm not giving up, though. I want to try another game with Eleanor England. I'm thinking I should go for a religion and try a more balanced play, I dunno. Maybe not the best beginner friendly civ, but I've been learning a lot. The loyalty stuff is just so fun, and I get to make use of spies and rock bands and such all together cohesively.