Election Office

Cyc

Looking for the door...
The Election Office will be the responsibilty of the President of each Term. Before each President leaves office they must post Nomination threads eight days before the end of the month, Election polls four days later for each office with 2 or more candidates, and announce the newly elected officials in the Election Results thread as one of their parting duties. Nomination threads and Election Polls will be posted in the Main Forum. Debates will take place in the Nomination threads.

As of this time, there are 9 positions to be filled. They are as follows -

The President - The President is responsible for control of the slider, worker allocation and resolving disputes between leaders, such as over use of gold. The President is also responsible for all tasks not assigned to another leader, to include those Offices which might be vacant. The President is also held accountable for the playing of the save and the actions taken while playing the save. The consistant progression of the game as a whole is also the President's responsibilty.

Domestic Leader - The Domestic Leader is responsible for all issues domestic not handled by the President. Organizes decisions about settler placement. Organizes departmental and provincial budgets. Is Governor of cities that do not have a Provincial/Expatriate governor. The Domestic Leader will also be responsible for all the duties of the game's Cultural Leader.

Minister of Defense - The Minister of Defence is responsible the defense of our nation and military planning. The Minister also controls the actions of all Military units.

Minister of Foreign Affairs - The Minister of Foreign Affairs is responsible for all matters involving treaties with foreign nations and all espionage activities. This includes Trade Embargoes, Military Alliances and the use of Spies to acquire technologies.

Minister of Trade and Technology - The Minister of Trade and Technology is responsible for all trade initiatives and research goals. The Minister also coordinates any plans for spaceship construction.

Governors - Governors are responsible for the well-being of the Provinces of our nation. Each Province will have its own Governor. Each Governor is responsible for the care, management, and use of Province/Cities they control.

Each Governor may also setup a civic government for the cities they control in any manner they see fit that does not conflict with our nation's laws.

The Governors are also responsible for choosing a President should an election cycle complete with no citizen elected as President.

Chief Justice - Chief Justice - The Chief Justice is part of the Judicial Branch along with the Public Defender and Judge Advocate, and is tasked with upholding, clarifying and reviewing all changes to the Constitution and its supporting laws through Judicial Reviews, and upholding the rights of all citizens through Investigations. The Judiciary will carry out all its tasks in a fair, impartial, public and speedy manner.

The Chief Justice shall have the additional responsibility to organize and conduct the affairs of the Judicial Branch.

Public Defender - The Public Defender is part of the Judicial Branch along with the Chief Justice and Judge Advocate, and is tasked with upholding, clarifying and reviewing all changes to the Constitution and its supporting laws through Judicial Reviews, and upholding the rights of all citizens through Investigations. The Judiciary will carry out all its tasks in a fair, impartial, public and speedy manner.

The Public Defender will act as council to an accused citizen, if the accused citizen wishes.

Judge Advocate - The Judge Advocate is part of the Judicial Branch along with the Chief Justice and Public Defender, and is tasked with upholding, clarifying and reviewing all changes to the Constitution and its supporting laws through Judicial Reviews, and upholding the rights of all citizens through Investigations. The Judiciary will carry out all its tasks in a fair, impartial, public and speedy manner.

The Judge Advocate will act as the prosecution to an accused citizen.

This will be the first Election cycle of the game. As there is no government in place, I will unofficially fill the role of the President for the Election Office.

As February is a short month, our Term 1 Nomination threads will be posted slightly early. The Term 1 Election polls 4 days later.

Nomination Threads -opened by 1600 GMT on Saturday, February 21st.

Election Polls - opened by 1600 GMT on Wednesday, February 25th.

Nomination threads are posted! These will also be the debate threads. Election polls go up the 25th.

Here's the top Nomination thread, billybones27. It is positioned right below the Judicial Log in the lower part of the DG Main Forum (one click back). At least it was the top one when I made this post.

In the past, we have made the election polls private, based on an old guideline saying that any poll about an individual would be private. I can se holding true to an investigation poll, where we need to vote guilty or not, something like that. But here we are all friends. We are all registered. We are a small community and I don't see a problem with open ballots. We discussed this earlier in the planning stage and there wasn't much in the way of discontent about the idea.

A new game, a new era, a new way of choosing Leaders.

In the past, we have made the election polls private, based on an old guideline saying that any poll about an individual would be private. I can se holding true to an investigation poll, where we need to vote guilty or not, something like that. But here we are all friends. We are all registered. We are a small community and I don't see a problem with open ballots. We discussed this earlier in the planning stage and there wasn't much in the way of discontent about the idea.

A new game, a new era, a new way of choosing Leaders.

I agree, and see no problem with public election polls.

Don't we normally make the election polls private?

It looks like they can be changed, but some votes have been visible.
The constitution requires them to be public.
I like it this way because we are all members of the legislature so we could all be thought of as representatives of the people voting for the executive branch leaders.

Excellent point, Black_Hole. I'm glad someone noticed. ;)

President - Cyc

Domestic Leader - DaveShack

Minister of Defense - CivGeneral

Minister of Foreign Affairs - El Justo

Minister of Trade & Technology - CommandoBob

First Governor - donsig

Chief Justice - Black_Hole

Public Defender - Nobody

Judge Advocate - Darkwish

Question- Is there a limit to how many terms a person can serve in a row?

I just did a quick scan of the Con and the CoL. I found nothing pertaining to a citizen being restricted to a set number of consecutive Terms for one office. It looks, as of now, that citizen may obtain an office and kep it for the duration of the game, pending re-election.

OMG, I must be having fun. Time is just slipping awat.... Get right on it, boss. :thumbsup:

Nomination threads were put up on the 24th. Election Polls will go up on the 28th. They will close Midnight GMT/UTC (or there abouts) on the last day of the month. 03/31/9. Please be sure to check in and vote!

Nomination threads for Term 2 are now closed. There is one active poll for the Minister of Defense. Please vote.

EDIT: There was one office- Public Defender- that failed to get a response from the nominations. This office will be filled by appointment by the Term 2 President.

President - DaveShack

Domestic Leader - Cyc

Minister of Defense - billybones27

Minister of Foreign Affairs - Zearo

Minister of Trade & Technology - CommandoBob

Governor - civplayah

Chief Justice - Black_Hole

Public Defender - To be Appointed by President DaveShack after elections

Judge Advocate - Ashburnham

Top Bottom