Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Strider

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To state my opinion on the matter, Strider, I thought you had resigned 3 times over the course of your recent career. I consider you the only person that has resigned more times than Falcon02.

:eek: 40J is catching up to Strider. Could this mean a Run-off Poll or 40J finaly Defeating Strider.

Go 40J!!

I think that Strider's 6-term experience as Science Leader makes him the better candidate despite his resignations.

Originally posted by Cyc
To state my opinion on the matter, Strider, I thought you had resigned 3 times over the course of your recent career. I consider you the only person that has resigned more times than Falcon02.

No... I've only resigned once.

Also... 1-11-0-12-0 right now... Winning by only one vote.

A few hours ago when I checked it was 1-11-0-10-0 and I was losing to forty.

Originally posted by bootstoots
I think that Strider's 6-term experience as Science Leader makes him the better candidate despite his resignations.
The issue is not really about experience in this position. After all, up until last term, the science department has been essentially non-existent (we have been purchasing all of our techs until then).

The issue should be about who we think is best suited to lead our science department into the Modern Era. Personally, I think I have ample experience in organization matters. I also can assure everyone that I will not resign in mid-term, no matter what curves real life throws my way.

But, then again, I'm biased... ;)

Originally posted by gunning1
Hmm, wow, I suck...1 vote...All done by me! Hmm, go whoever! :(

Gunning... I think that it's not that you suck... Just that people don't want to see me as Science Leader or Don't want to see Forty as Science Leader so is voting for whoever has the most votes that is not the person they want in.

Originally posted by Strider
No... I've only resigned once.
While technically correct, you have threatened to resign on more than one occasion in what some would describe as nothing more than a tantrum resulting from not getting your way.

To illustrate, I direct everyone's attention (everyone that's still paying attention, that is... ;)) to the following links:

Resignation Threat #1 (Term 3)

Resignation Threat #2 (Term 6)

While you now claim that you made these decisions out of concern for your real life obligations, I think anyone who reads these threads will be inclined to disagree.

This is not intended as a personal attack on Strider. After all, I too have voted for him in the past. I am simply asking all voters to carefully consider their options before casting their votes.

I am a dedicated patriot to our cause. I have managed to run a business, raise a newborn child and perform numerous repairs to my house while holding several elected positions in addition to my extremely time-consuming position in the Cartographic Office, and not once have I even threatened to resign from any of my positions.

So, once again, I urge you to carefully consider your options and remember that a vote for FortyJ is a vote for commited leadership.

Thank you.

Originally posted by FortyJ
While technically correct, you have threatened to resign on more than one occasion in what some would describe as nothing more than a tantrum resulting from not getting your way.

To illustrate, I direct everyone's attention (everyone that's still paying attention, that is... ;)) to the following links:

Resignation Threat #1 (Term 3)

Resignation Threat #2 (Term 6)

While you now claim that you made these decisions out of concern for your real life obligations, I think anyone who reads these threads will be inclined to disagree.

This is not intended as a personal attack on Strider. After all, I too have voted for him in the past. I am simply asking all voters to carefully consider their options before casting their votes.

I am a dedicated patriot to our cause. I have managed to run a business, raise a newborn child and perform numerous repairs to my house while holding several elected positions in addition to my extremely time-consuming position in the Cartographic Office, and not once have I even threatened to resign from any of my positions.

So, once again, I urge you to carefully consider your options and remember that a vote for FortyJ is a vote for commited leadership.

Thank you.

commited? I've been commited to this demogame and as science leader before your name was even known. I led the demogame through 6 straight months as science leader and before that I was science chat rep and science deputy. I've fought my way up the ladder as trade deputy (two times) and vice president.

Anyone who wish's to disagree with that is through my attempt to keep my personally real life obligations to myself. Give me one reason why I should reveal my personal life to abunch of strangers?

Also... Do you know anything about the science department? Can you get a rough estimate of how many turns it takes an AI civ to research? Can you calculate how many turns it'll take for us to research a tech and how much it'll cost to buy/sell? (you can get a utility to do this, but you can also do it with pen and paper)

I have the experience to do this job. Where as FortyJ has been known to support proposals that drop are science research. Something we need drastically of at the closing of this game. We have to take the lead in science research and keep it. If we drop behind we might find that are panzers are unable to fight mech infantry effectively... Where as modern armor can effectively kill infantry.

This is a Demogame. I doubt any of us here will meet eachother in real life. This election is not a life or death sitution... As it seems Forty does not seem to understand. Yes, he even said that it was not a personal attack, but that does not change wether it is or it isn't.

Strider
You are correct: I have supported proposals in the past that would require a reduction of science funding. I did so because it was the right thing to do for Fanatika at the time. In our current situation, thanks in no small part to some Greek generosity, we are able to sustain an impressive level of research funding and I wholly support this. I certainly hope we can continue to lead the world in research. However, if the situation changes, I certainly would not blindly insist that we continue to pursue 100% science funding, if it were not in the best interest of Fanatika.

With respect to my "personal" attacks on your character: even if I had wanted to attack you personally, I couldn't - I don't know you that well. In fact, on a personal level, I don't have anything bad to say about you. I enjoy your participation in the demogame and enjoy your presence in the chats, particularly your Chat Room Challenges. And, nobody is going to dispute your longevity in the Demogame, nor what you have accomplished in it.

Nonetheless, the recent facts are quite clear: in this game, you have resigned (or at least attempted to resign) at least twice before. I felt that your attempts to brush this under the rug and dismiss them were an injustice to not only your fellow candidates, but also to the people casting their votes.

If the citizens of Fanatika wish you to run the Science Department in Term 8 despite your previous attempts to resign from this office, then I will support them, and you, 100%. I simply felt that the people should be properly informed before making their decisions.

Strider, 2 of the things you just said cry out for a response.
Give me one reason why I should reveal my personal life to abunch of strangers?
You didn't site personal reasons in any of your resignations. Your stated reasons were:
  1. I am very sorry to announce that I am resigning. I have decided that the game is no longer fun and I should not waste my time on standing up for something that I believe is right just to have a bunch of people ignore me without question to get there own way.
  2. I feel that my effort and time spent as science leader is not relized and personally I don't feel like spending 5 hours of my sleeping time coming up with something that is just going to get voted down.
In both cases it was because you didn't get your way.
Also... Do you know anything about the science department? Can you get a rough estimate of how many turns it takes an AI civ to research? Can you calculate how many turns it'll take for us to research a tech and how much it'll cost to buy/sell? (you can get a utility to do this, but you can also do it with pen and paper)
I have never seen such an analysis from you in any of your terms.

Originally posted by Shaitan
Strider, 2 of the things you just said cry out for a response.
You didn't site personal reasons in any of your resignations. Your stated reasons were:
  1. I am very sorry to announce that I am resigning. I have decided that the game is no longer fun and I should not waste my time on standing up for something that I believe is right just to have a bunch of people ignore me without question to get there own way.
  2. I feel that my effort and time spent as science leader is not relized and personally I don't feel like spending 5 hours of my sleeping time coming up with something that is just going to get voted down.
In both cases it was because you didn't get your way.

I have never seen such an analysis from you in any of your terms.

So... I'll explain to you how you get a rough estimate of how to figure an AI's research rate.

Works only if your behind in techs

Check the AI every turn. When they get a new tech then mark that as Turn 0. Keep marking the turns as Turn 1, 2,3, etc. intill the AI complete's/buys a new tech. You have a rough estimate of how fast the AI is researching then. Also the AI has a tech order of importance that I'm still testing out, but I believe it go's mainly for goverments first.

Jeese people, does all this really matter? You vote, your done. No attacking each other with accusations. You sound like a bunch of kindergarteners. I'm not saying that I'm perfect either, we all do regretful things. No offense, but it's a game. Once you stop digging up dirt everyone might come out clean. How about we drop it here and forget the whole thing happened? Please?

Originally posted by Civanator
Jeese people, does all this really matter? You vote, your done. No attacking each other with accusations. You sound like a bunch of kindergarteners. I'm not saying that I'm perfect either, we all do regretful things. No offense, but it's a game. Once you stop digging up dirt everyone might come out clean. How about we drop it here and forget the whole thing happened? Please?

You're just miffed that you only got your own vote. ;)

Originally posted by Noldodan

You're just miffed that you only got your own vote. ;)

Actually.... He prob doesn't want it to get nasty... I doubt it will though.... I'm not the type of person to sit here and dig up dirt on someone to win a election in a game. It's what you call fair play.... If forty wants to sit here and insult me all day it doesn't matter... Either I'm Science Leader and Trade Deputy... Or Trade Leader and Science Deputy... Either is fine by me.

Originally posted by Civanator
That's right, I don't want it to get nasty.
And Noldodan, I haven't won a science election since I helped Strider in the First demogame, Term 3. No big deal for me, and that vote was my own ;)

Yup... The Civanator/Strider Science Leadership... Then came Curufinwe... Then Stuck/Gunning/CivGeneral..... Whoa... Never noticed how many there really is.... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom