Email Address?

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
Now that you guys have decided on a team name, it's probably best to setup a Gmail account for your saves. I can give you guys an invite for one, if you need it, and you can probably get an account such as "epsilon.team AT gmail DOT com"...then decide on a password. You're the last team to do this, so I'm just letting you know. No worries.

I dont' have gmail, but if anyone here does, let's get this done.

I sympathize with Fe regarding the password. It should NOT be a meaningless string of letters and numbers, case sensitive, and related to the fifteenth decimal place of pi

The password should be something completely banal. A word that all of us could remember.

Sirian

or is that too tough for some of you to spell? ;)

I have a gmail account and would be willing to set this up, if we decide on an account name.

Any objections to epsilon.team@ gmail dot com?

Password ideas:
SirianMTDG
SitCotW (Sirian is the Creator of the World - note the caps)
epsilonpass
eppies (short for epsilon?)

I think we should make it a bunch of Random letters and numbers jus like what we have for MIA. That way it will not be easily forged. Also I have found that this way it is easier to remember because you are forced to remember it. I basically have memorised the password for both the email account and save, even though they are just numbers and letters randomly put together.

Seriously, CH, how often do you sit down and try to figure out someone's password? It's not as easy as you think - even if it seems obvious.

Haha I like The5thLetter (wierd engineers :beer: )

Anyways I don't think it matters how hard it is to 'crack'

1. If I wrote a computer program to crack it

The5thLetter

it would take upwards of 7 days to figure it out, running continously, and that is assuming gmail lets you have unlimited sign in access (I am sure it doesn't)

The reason for this is because The5thLetter has 2 captial letters, that in inherently hard to crack
in our case here there is 26+26+10=62 combinations per location
which translates into
62^12 = 3.226266762 X10^21
or roughly 3226 thousand trillion

So that case is out
the next case is
2. Most security breachers are internal
i.e. a very secure system is breached by an employe who knows the password 99% of the time

And finally the one I think the concern is about is someone beign able to guess it.

People don't usually guess with capital letters, so I would say
The5thLetter is pretty secure, :goodjob:

The whole idea of security patently ridiculous. If it were up to me, there wouldn't even be a password. No one is going to try to hack our email for the simple reason that it will be readily obvious in-game. They will be expelled from the game, and the offending team will likely suffer 10 or more turns of anarchy or frozen units.

So stop talking about the benefits of security. It's a red herring.

I'm fine with The5thLetter, though I'd even get rid of the caps; but then again, I may just be an old blowhard. I do like the password, though - there's something very DaVinci Code about it :)

I just tried to set up the account, and epsilon.team is not available (neither is epsilonteam). Either one of us has already set one up (and if so, please speak up), or someone else has it.

Google suggests team.epsilon or teamepsilon

I think I prefer "team.epsilon" - with "cfcepsilon" being my second choice.

and I think "The5thLetter" will make a great password.

:goodjob:

epsilon is not available.

I have set up an account as follows:

User Name: team.epsilon
Password: The5thLetter
Security Question: What is the website this is for (without www or .com)?
Security Question answer: Civfanatics

If we decide on something else before notifying the UN, I'll be happy to create another account.

Sounds good to me

However for the security question That is really easy to guess ;)
I dunno maybe we want a harder question that that? or do we even need one? We just find the password here, incase we forget? :sad:

I tried asking for a reset password just to see what would happen. (Sorry gbno1fan for spamming you. ;))

GMail said:
Reset Password

Please follow the instructions sent to the secondary email address you provided previously. If you aren't sure exactly what address that is, please check your other email accounts. If you are unable to find the message we sent you, please click here.

If there is no secondary email address associated with your account or you no longer have access to your secondary email address, please try the 'Forgot your password?' link again in a few days.

At that point, you will be able to reset your password by answering the security question you provided when you created your account. To prevent someone else from trying to break into an account you are actively using, the security question is only used for account recovery after an account has been idle for five days.

Please note that the Gmail Support Team cannot waive the five day requirement or access your password under any circumstances.

I figure we don't really need the security question, but it asked me to put one in, so I did.

Top Bottom