1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Embassy to CDZ Land

Discussion in 'Team Quatronia' started by Provolution, Jun 5, 2010.

1. CharlemagneXLII

CharlemagneXLII Prince

I like it too, that would set us up well to be the nice guys here.

2. Earthling

Earthling Deity

Got a PM from BCLG, in response to my earlier PM which I mentioned was just asking if they'd properly received the message.

His response wasn't formal/I don't want to unfairly quote it, but he said they will be considering the matter, and also that they might be unlikely to accept.

Anyway I'm going to look over some other things, and we are very close on just settling the city anyway, I wouldn't wait more than one turn, and we'd still have to get this Music problem worked out (which is why I'm hoping we can find a way to otherwise just make sure we get that right.) I would be ok if we went after Music (and confirmed this to Sirius etc... with Sirius going for Astro and all) and I would agree to using the free great artist for a bulb, that would be the smoothest thing for the alliance.

3. CharlemagneXLII

CharlemagneXLII Prince

A reply:

4. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

I think this nails down us going for music and culture bombing the hell down there!

5. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Everyone needs to make sure to check the new "music race" thread for an important update. We might need to switch to music in like 30 mins...

6. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Just had this exchange with BCLG:

7. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

BCLG put this out to the ETTT:

8. Earthling

Earthling Deity

We are definitely not teching Feudalism and never said that. That's underhanded by CDZ.

Perhaps we should say something like we'll get Drama but a little slower than we anticipated due to having to upgrade/fight Maverick triremes or something.

Anyway we'll really be teching Music, and if we win the music race and allies aren't happy we use the GA to bulb anyway. At this point we simply have to have it out of the hands of CDZ because they certainly seem like they would use it to culture bomb without listening to any diplomatic objections.

9. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Yeah, after reviewing threads for another post, I can say we've never even mentioned that.

10. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

We should warn them about the threatened Maverick attack...

11. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Agreed.

And this would be a horrible thing for us to agree to or even entertain. Mavs would immediately blab on us and get the ETTT to kick us out and take them in.

12. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

This is my suggestion for a letter to CDZ.

Please give me feedback on this, and any suggestions for alterations in the message. As soon as we agree on it, hopefully ASAP as the turns progress about 1 turn per 24 hours now, I will send it off to socralynnek on a PM. :)

13. CharlemagneXLII

CharlemagneXLII Prince

Excellent!

14. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Looks good, you can send it.

15. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

I noticed a small typo in there: We will politely request that you reduce the cultural output of the cities around Pulsar Plateau. It should say "We politely request". Corrected that, and sent it to Socralynnek :)

16. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

We quickly received a response from Socralynnek, which reads as follows:

So should we take them up on their offer of spreading "Creative Construction" to our cities?

Any other comments? :) I feel obliged to send them a polite thank you response, preferably with the same speed they responded to us, so would like to send off a response to them today :)

17. whb

whb King

Not sure about cities in general, but would them spreading it to that one city help reduce the amount of units we need to garrison to prevent it going into disorder every so often.

(Yup I think a thank you is in order -- that email from them was pretty much everything you/we could possibly hope for)

18. CharlemagneXLII

CharlemagneXLII Prince

Yes, we can accept their offer and say thank you. They'll profit from spreading it, so they can do so when they wish,

19. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Agreed. A quick thank-you note will do it.

20. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Here is my quickly drafted suggestion for a response:

I might be a bit subservient in it, so any modifications will be welcome if you think it necessary or wise. :)