Embassy to Team Sirius

Good write but maybe to soft. A few strong lines that dont have a choice.

Very well written, Sommers! :)

AlphaShard agreed to most of our terms, but he is still complaining that he wants to keep Rigel, which is the largest city on Anjennida.
AlphaShard said:
I talked to the mods about changing the password. That way only I will be able to log in. I would greatly reduce units on Anjennida so as only a single MG would be in each city. I mostly want to keep Rigel and would give the other two.

I find it interesting that I was thinking the same thing in regards to Quat so I have no problem giving them all the cities. I also agree to the other terms.

This was my response, sent VIA PM:
Keeping Rigel and reducing the garrison does not solve the problem, because you could still land units there later. Changing the password also does nothing, because you could just give it to someone later. You might have no choice, like if you have to leave town or some RL issue comes up.

Also, more importantly, Rigel will choke Archenar and Kongo and Saber with culture, so we must insist on all three Anjennida cities.
However, as an additional compromise, we can drop the probationary period from the treaty. So as soon as you accept and gift us all three Anjennida cities, full tech sharing will resume, and you can run the sliders at whatever you want, with no probationary period whatsoever.

Hopefully we now have a deal and I will send you the amended treaty with these terms

Alphashard has agreed to our latest surrender terms.:thumbsup:

Sommerswerd said:
OK Thanks, I will log in and request the cities.

Here is the final Treaty:
ETTT Restoration Treaty

1. Sirius must agree to re-enter the ETTT with full tech sharing

2. Sirius will gift all cities on Anjennida to AMAZON

3. Sirius will gift all cities on Comet to Quatronia

4. Sirius will sign a NAP with all civs for 50 turns. The NAP requires Sirius to abide by the terms of this treaty, as well as the ETTT.

AlphaShard said:
Alright agreed.

Sommerswerd said:
Keeping Rigel and reducing the garrison does not solve the problem, because you could still land units there later. Changing the password also does nothing, because you could just give it to someone later. You might have no choice, like if you have to leave town or some RL issue comes up.

Also, more importantly, Rigel will choke Archenar and Kongo and Saber with culture, so we must insist on all three Anjennida cities.

However, as an additional compromise, we can drop the probationary period from the treaty. So as soon as you accept and gift us all three Anjennida cities, full tech sharing will resume, and you can run the sliders at whatever you want, with no probationary period whatsoever.

Hopefully we now have a deal and I will send you the amended treaty with these terms.
AlphaShard said:
I talked to the mods about changing the password. That way only I will be able to log in. I would greatly reduce units on Anjennida so as only a single MG would be in each city. I mostly want to keep Rigel and would give the other two.

I find it interesting that I was thinking the same thing in regards to Quat so I have no problem giving them all the cities. I also agree to the other terms.

Sommerswerd said:
Greetings AlphaShard of Sirius,

As you can see, the team has agreed to reduce our demands considerably as a good faith effort to give us all a chance to pursue a peaceful victory. But you must understand, that after Sirius backstabbed Q, we just cant trust Sirius to share a landmass with us. The way your Anjennida cities culture presses against our Anjennida cities exposes us to a sneak attack, and we can not just trust Sirius carte-blanche after they betrayed the alliance.

Another concern, is that General Blubmuz could return at any time and take over to sneak attack us, and we know that he does not honor treaties. So we must protect ourselves by insisting that Sirius leaves Anjennida entirely.

I must be candid and admit to you that Anjennida is lost to you regardless. Our Armies are already in position, and would have captured all of Anjennida in less than 5 turns. You just don't have the capacity to get enough forces to Anjennida to keep it.

At least this way, you get the peace treaty you want and an excellent chance at winning a peaceful victory. Even without Anjennida or Comet, you still have Bode and Mavs Home Island with all those Wonders. You will be the only team that completely controls 2 Home Islands with all the resources that gives. Sirius will be in great shape to go for the win.

Also, for peace to work, Q must have a legitimate chance to pursue a peaceful victory as well. You must realize that giving them a couple underdeveloped cities on Comet does not accomplish this. Q needs their own landmass to develop just like the other 3 teams have.

So here are AMAZON's amended peace terms:

1. Sirius must agree to re-enter the ETTT with full tech sharing

2. There will be a probationary period of 30 Turns, where no one in the ETTT will give Sirius any tech, but Sirius will be obligated to share all tech. After the 30 turns period ends, and Sirius good-faith has been proven, then Sirius will get all tech from the ETTT allies. During the probation period, Sirius must run their tech slider as high as possible. Sirius may not run sliders on culture or espionage.

3. Sirius will gift all cities on Anjennida to AMAZON

4. Sirius will gift all cities on Comet to Quatronia

5. Sirius will sign a NAP with all civs for 50 turns. The NAP requires Sirius to abide by the terms of this treaty, as well as the ETTT.

We await your response to our proposal so the race to peaceful victory can begin.

Sommerswerd of AMAZON

Im logging in now to request ALL the Annjenida cities. Caledorn, you should log in and request ALL the Comet cities for Quatronia I think there are 5 or 6 of them;).

I logged in and asked for all the Anjennida cities. Calderon should ask for all the Comet cities for Q. I also moved our Army into position to strike if he doublecrosses, but I doubt it as he really did delete all Sirius Artillery :eek:

Looks like the war with Sirius is almost over, and looks like we won! Go Team!:goodjob:

Hey!!! Thats what I call good diplomacy and a happy end!

GO TEAM! :rockon::woohoo:

Got this in a PM, also got Fascism and Rocketry from Sirius. Still no word on the ban from the other teams.

AlphaShard said:
The Sirius nation is in agreement with this to avoid Nukes.

2metraninja said:
Greetings, allies!

Team Amazon according to its peaceful and just nature would like to make a consultation with you about a possible resolution for banning the nukes from this game trough official UN vote.

We would like all of us to avoid Fission technology giving access to building Manhattan project and nukes right after, until the UN is built and a resolution for ban on the nukes is voted and passed. Once we have your agreement in principle on this, we will avoid it till the UN vote.

Having seen too much of a violence, death and smoldering ruins in this game, I am humbly sending you this request looking forward for a peaceful future with bright skies and no nuclear mushrooms on the horizon.

General 2metraninja of the Amazons

Top Bottom