Embassy to Team Sirius

SilentConfusion

Emperor
This is the thread where we put all the information we have on Team Sirius. Any information that might be useful in diplomacy or in making strategic decisions will be in the first couple posts.

The way it works is this: Anyone can post any information about Team Sirius and any new bits of information that might be useful will be added to the first post so that it is easy to find.

The second post will have links to important communications and treaties with Team Sirius

The third post will be reserved for any other unforeseen use.

The Information​

Team Email: sirius.mtdg @ gmail.com

Starting Info:
Leader/Civ: Willem von Oranje of the Dutch
Leader Traits: CRE and FIN (+2:culture: in all cities and +1:commerce: in all tiles that produces 2:commerce:, plus double speed libraries, theaters, and colosseums)
UU: East Indiaman (Galleon, 6:strength:, 4Movement, 80:hammers:, reqs. Astro; can explore enemy territory without war and has 4 capacity) Differences from Galleson: +2:strength: +1 capacity and can enter enemy territory without declaring war
UB: Dike (Levee, 180:hammers:, reqs. Steam Power; +1:hammers: in all riverside and coastal tiles and can only be built in riverside or coastal cities) Differences from Levee: +1:hammers: to water tiles and can be built on coast without river

Technologies (most recently acquired on top):
Writing (T37)
Animal Husbandry (T33)
Pottery (T28)
Bronze Working (T24)
The Wheel (T19)
Mining (T8)
Fishing (Starting)
Agriculture (Starting)

Members:
1. Lord Parkin
2. hell_hound
3. caveman1917
4. HUSch
5. AlphaShard
6. Toch
7. pindicator
8. T. Claudius
9. fed1943
10. azzaman333
11. BLubmuz
12. Allan79
13. champinoman
14. GoSkins
15. wabatt
16. Irgy
17. Zjoekov
18. DaveShack
19. Trystero
20. Alexander0976
21. Altjung
22. Zertuals_Ovrlrd
23. Azkul
24. grant2004
25. BuddhaBubba
26. Methos
27. dima42
28. dutchfire
29. Gressh
30. french civ fan
31. Seidrik_The_Gray

Member profiles (i.e. play styles, tendencies, preferences):

Other Info:

This post is reserved for an unforeseen future use.

Our workboat made 1st Contact with Sirius on this turn (Turn 34). :clap:
Spoiler :

We should send a short greeting to Sirius right away and follow that up with a long letter that the whole team approves of: For the Short Greeting I suggest following the format that SilCon used in his election-sample letter.

We Zenobians hail the leaders of the Sirius Empire

Our intrepid high-seas explorer Jenny has spotted your workbout off the coast of Northern Jennilund. Word has been quickly sent back to the AMAZON camp where partying and general rejoicing broke out in the streets. After the raucous cheers died down the AMAZON tribe convened the Alliance general council and this greeting was hammered out (with metaphorical hammers) and dispatched as quickly as possible to our new friends.

We hope this message finds your civilization prospering and we look forward to many years of friendly, mutually beneficial relations with the good people of the Sirius Empire.

The AMAZON would like to enter into preliminary negotiations with the Sirians and discuss a potential for Open Borders, a possible Non-Aggression Pact and the potential for future tech trades.

Please send all diplomatic correspondence to AMAZON1 @ gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you. Our official Diplomat, SilentConfusion, will be contacting you soon with a much more detalied correspondence. Feel free to address all further communications to him.

Sommerswerd,
Captain of the AMAZON

Spoiler :

Sirius has not changed civics to Slavery:
Spoiler :

I am graduating today, so I may not be available for the rest of the day. Please DO NOT end the turn unless the diplo has been sent. I am hoping our Diplomat can get a short greeting sent out to Sirius's GMail BEFORE ending the turn. If the diplo does not happen, just let the turn roll.

This is great news. Just as with our test map Sirius is to our West and he chose to go our way first. We are surely the first team they have met. We definitely need to get a letter to them first. I will do nothing else until that letter is sent out.

I like the idea of sending that short letter first. It buys us time to get what we want said, while still be the initiators of contact. Initiative shows leadership, which potentially could convince them to agree with us subconsciously. I would make some grammar adjustments, but other than that I'd send it out as is.

Here's my suggested changes:
We Zenobians hail the leaders of the Sirius Empire.

Our intrepid high-seas explorer Jenny has exchanged ship-to-ship greetings with the intrepid Voyager off the coast of Northern Jennilund. Word has been quickly sent back to the AMAZON camp where partying and general rejoicing broke out in the streets. After the raucous cheers died down the AMAZON tribe convened the Allied general council and this greeting was hammered out (with metaphorical hammers) and dispatched as quickly as possible to our new friends.

We hope this message finds your civilization prospering and we look forward to many years of friendly, mutually beneficial relations with the good people of the Sirius Empire.

The AMAZONs would like to enter into preliminary negotiations with the Sirians and discuss a potential for Open Borders, a possible Non-Aggression Pact, and the potential for future tech trades.

Please send all diplomatic correspondence to AMAZON1 @ gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you. Our official Diplomat, SilentConfusion, will be contacting you soon with a much more detalied correspondence. Feel free to address all further communications to him.

Sommerswerd,
Captain of the AMAZONs

Alrighty guys, this game just got a lot more interesting. Start thinking of what our plan towards Team Sirius will be, and what kind of things we should send them in the next letter to steer things in that direction. I will be available today on Hamachi chat (right click SilentConfusion on Hamachi network) and Skype (feel free to add me, name: silentconfusion) if anyone wants to talk about any of this. The most important thing in the diplomatic sphere is deciding what our plans for Sirius are going to be and what kinds of information we can get them to voluntarily give us.

EDIT: Their work boats name is "Voyager" (maybe a Star Trek or space exploration theme) and I think we should mention the work boats name to show we're paying attention to detail and out of respect for their naming conventions. I changed in the above quoted message. I also switch our tech to all of the ones available and they were all were what I would have expected except for the Wheel which had an extra beaker. This, I believe, is due to the Known Civs with Tech bonus, meaning that Sirius has The Wheel, but not Mysticism, Masonry, Sailing, or any of the others. It will take Sirius 6 work boat turns to get to the place where we crossed the ocean. I think we should build another workboat and send it out in the other direction immediately so we meet anyone coming from that way before they do.

I will send this out in the next few hours to avoid losing the initiative. This is generic and doesn't say anything except that we would want good relations with them in the future, which doesn't give anything away. It is mostly about our contact info and some of our names for things. Anyone wanting to weigh in on this one, should do so soon. This will be followed up by a more detailed message.

:w00t: This is great news indeed. Let me catch up on stuff now and I'll put in my thoughts.

Well, um... I don't see a lot to comment on about Sirius except that it's great news.

The following message was sent with 4 hours and 50 minutes left in the turn with the Subject "Greetings":
We Zenobians hail the leaders of the Sirius Empire.

Our intrepid high-seas explorer Jenny has exchanged ship-to-ship greetings with the intrepid Voyager off the coast of Northern Jennilund. Word has been quickly sent back to the AMAZON camp where partying and general rejoicing broke out in the streets. After the raucous cheers died down the AMAZON tribe convened the Allied general council and this greeting was hammered out (with metaphorical hammers) and dispatched as quickly as possible to our new friends.

The AMAZONs would like to enter into preliminary negotiations with the Sirians and discuss a potential for Open Borders, a possible Non-Aggression Pact, and the potential for future tech trades.

Please send all diplomatic correspondence to AMAZON1@ gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you. Our official Diplomat, SilentConfusion, will be contacting you soon with a much more detalied correspondence. Feel free to address all further communications to him.

Sommerswerd,
Captain of the AMAZONs

Thanks SilCon. I also suggest sending a PM toLP, just notifying him that they have mail from us. That way we know if it did not go through, etc. I will send the PM this time to keep the initiative, but just an FYI for future communications.

The PM will say:
Greetings Lord Parkin. Please check your team Gmail as soon as convenient for a message from AMAZON.
Your friend,
Sommerswerd

Thanks SilCon. I also suggest sending a PM toLP, just notifying him that they have mail from us. That way we know if it did not go through, etc. I will send the PM this time to keep the initiative, but just an FYI for future communications.

The PM will say:
Greetings Lord Parkin. Please check your team Gmail as soon as convenient for a message from AMAZON.
Your friend,
Sommerswerd

That is a good idea. Every diplomatic message sent in the future will have an accompanying PM to the team leader/captain/king. It is especially important with first contact, because they may not have had much use for their email account before.

Since I ended the turn, someone on Sirius may have noticed that they are up again. Have they sent anything to us ?

No new messages right now. Will post when we get something. We'll have to decide what to do.

A short message from Irgy of Team Sirius:
Hail and well met, Captain Sommerswerd and peoples of the Zenobian Empire.

The Sirian Empire rejoiced at receiving word of contact with your vessel Jenny by our exploring craft Voyager. We look forward to a long and prosperous relationship between our great peoples. We are currently convening our high council to discuss this momentous occasion. We eagerly await hearing from your diplomat SilentConfusion to begin detailed correspondence.

Irgy, on behalf of Team Sirius

Now we have to come up with what we want to talk about. I suspect tech trading agreements will be talked about. And there must be a general sharing of information to build some sort of trust. The best information to share is information they will soon find out anyway (the location and distance to our borders, for example). We want to appear open so that they will be open to us and feel comfortable. I believe it is Sirius who has had the high GNP for most of this game, so it may be quite fortunate that we meet them first. We have to consider the possibility that they may have already met someone else, although I think this is unlikely. We may be the second civ they have met. We will want to ascertain this if we can.

EDIT: It is late here, so I will think on it a while. This should be completely decided by the Team (which might require polls), but at the same time it should be done as soon as possible. If no one else does, I will send out PMs to AMAZONs letting them know of this issue that needs to be dealt with in a timely manner. If possible we want to come at them with the first suggestions and keep them replying to us and therefore keep on the offense.

I wonder if Sirius is going to name all their cities after stars? That would be awesome. Their capital is named Sirius after all.

Sorry SC, I think you were expecting meaningful suggestions. :p

Maybe you should share that picture you drew of them.

To show them that we want to build up a trustfull relation quickly, I would tell them that they are our first contact and ask them if this is also true the other way round!?

Top Bottom