Embassy with Anarchie

*sigh*

Can we get a referee involved if it becomes 3 times?
Well, it looks like they've sent it now. :dunno:

But this isn't something a ref would get involved in. Lying and betrayal in this form of contract can't really be corrected by a physical game action. I supposed the ref could stop the game until they do it, but they could always counter that it was part of their game strategy. Therfore stopping the game wouldn't be the right approach.

Yup. I understood Fonte Randa's joke. I was assuming that EC meant if they neglected to send it this third time. Fonte is a moderate voice for the team and seems like a nice person.

Lo and behold, the Anarchie has sent us Mathematics. AND the BH does not have Mathematics or Map Making yet. :thumbsup:

From Anarchie...

Dear Eagles, dear Cyc,

it seems like almost our complete team is on vacation. But concluding out of prior discussions i can say in the name of the whole team, we are very delighted on getting such fair offers from your continent.
We do like the idea of letting the scientific nations research, and letting the chefs cook/pay the meals.
We also are very interestet in a long-time relationship.

But personaly, i wonder whether its the right time to conclude about medieval technologies. Not because i doubt this relationship, but for following reasons:

- we do not know yet, which free Techs we gain
- We(anarchie) might have war on our continent, and it would not be clever, to plan urgently required Techs explored by us. I assume, we won't stop research, but war is slowing down the research
- We do not know at this point, whether we(all 3 Teams) may be more interestet in discovering Education as soon as possible, for knocking out the great library
- I am not sure whether we need chivalry at all, with the combined power of us three, we can speed up the way to military tradition. And we assume the küche is french(can you confim that?). If this is right, nobody has his UU in this optional Tech.

Have a good wind in your wings

Loki

Kuche is Japan, I'm quite sure (when I think about, they might go for Sun tzu's so all those ICS cities get barracks). But it makes sense to hold off on the MA deals for now.

They fell for it hook, line, and sinker.... ;)

From Anarchie...

Folks, the Knights are trying to buy techs from us; they have explicitly asked for construction or currency. If we force them to research everything on their own, they will always get the triple discount. On the other hand they seem to be willing to pay more than the minimum cost in cash as they are unaware of our research alliance. That is, if we sell them currency for more than its worth, the Brotherhood suffers a loss while we can profit from it.

Can we promise currency to the Knights if they pay more than its research price (with triple discount)? Of course, as currency belongs to us all, we'll send each of you one third of the money.

I would think that first of all THEY should have an interest to keep the Knights backwards.

Any thoughts on that? I would not sell anything.

And this right after the first one:

Originally Posted by Cyc
This is the proposed "final agreement" for this three nation tech alliance. This is th last Kitchen proposal. I present it to you and will again present it to the Eagles still remaining.

Let us know if this works for you.

Küche .......................Eagles .....................Anarchia
warrior code(75) .........[code of law(214)] .....literature(250)
ceremonial burial(50) ....map making(300) .......mathematics(200)
mysticism(100) ...........construction(500) ......horseback riding(125)
the republic(600) ........monotheism(900) .......currency(400)
polytheism(300) ..........chivalry(800) ............feudalism(800)
506,67 Gold at Eagles .................................engineering(900)
575 Gold at Anarchia

The technologies will be researched in the upper order, will be exchanged immediatly when researched and all technologies are not permitted to be passed in any way to the Knights. In the case of same bonus techs Küche will pay 25% of the cost to Anarchia and Eagles.
We must inform you about the risk that Küche will be the last party to complete their tasks. We will not receive a "free" technology and we will also not have the advantage of cheap libraries, that allow Eagles and Anarchie to increase their pace.

I agree to this plan under the precondition that we will make flexible amendments to the plan in the medieval age depending on the things that Loki brought up - if that becomes necessary.

d7s reply:

If the knights pay more for a tech than they would need to research it themselves, they lose money and we get money from them, actually *slowing* their research. :mischief:

We might as well get some money from them before they notice that these deals are actually bad for them.

If the Knights pay more than it would cost them to research it themselves, then it is a good deal for the triple alliance.

Top Bottom