1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Embassy with Anarchie

Discussion in 'Eagles' started by CharlemagneXLII, May 25, 2011.

1. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

And the Anarchy has refused the techs, so we should not send them again until they ask for them.

2. Chamnix

Chamnix Chasing Time

:dunno: We don't need the money. Do they owe us money? We can tell them when Construction will be completed (within 3 turns after exiting anarchy), but we don't know about Polytheism.

3. CharlemagneXLII

CharlemagneXLII Prince

I'm completely lost with the money. Maybe just ask Kuche for clarification and say we don't need the money. Once we finish construction we can stockpile any gold we owe.

4. Cyc

Originally Posted by Cyc
    Eagles are not sure about the gold payment the Kitchen has proposed. But we are always up for receiving gold if the Anarchie is agreeable.
    We will be out of Anarchy in 4 turns. We understand your need to upgrade quickly to MI and Pikes.

d7- We can give you enough to keep you researching at the maximum for a couple of turns. But we will soon need some of the money back to upgrade our swordsmen.

Quote:Cyc
    Please kep us informed about your war with the BH. Screenshots and reports of cities taken/lost would be GREAT.

d7- We would be more than happy to keep you informed. However we can use any help. Maybe you could spare two or three ships for scouting on the east coast of our continent and blocking galleys of the Knights? There must be another passage connecting the west coast of our continent with the east coast of ours. Every bit helps. If you can assist us, we would also be willing to trade maps.

Quote:Cyc
    BTW, what nation is the Anarchie truly playing as?

d7- Hm, didn't we tell you ages ago that our unique units are Hoplites? So we are playing Greece.

5. CharlemagneXLII

CharlemagneXLII Prince

YES! Hoplites vs. Numidian Mercenaries should mean a rather slow war. No need to rush to MDI's. As for money, I think Chamnix said that we don't need any to finish construction faster, they could probably use their money better towards researching currency. (Or do they already have it?)

6. Cyc

Yes, a defensive war. :) Let them roil in the own sentiments for a long while.

We can tell them we only have 2 ships at the moment, but we can turn them towards the areas they have requested assistance in. It would be pretty hard to block with two ships, but we can do our best.

What do you think about trading maps?

7. Chamnix

Chamnix Chasing Time

Trade territory maps - ok
    Trade world maps - no

A right of passage agreement would be ok too to make things easier on our ships.

8. Cyc

I'm not real big on ROPs. Maybe we can get an "unoffical" pass when we need it. ;)

On the 16th of this month, d7 posted "Please tell us when to send Currency." So they probably already have it and are stashing gold.

And I checked this thread, they never told us they were Greece. More like Grease....
    Maybe they told Calis in a private email.

9. Calis

Calis on time

No they did not.

10. Chamnix

Chamnix Chasing Time

If we do not get an RoP with Anarchie, then Eagleprise will have to stop his exploration. He can move N, N, S next turn to uncover maximum fog, and then return home for an upgrade if we do not sign an RoP.

11. Calis

Calis on time

I say, move two tiles north and one south next turn and then return for an upgrade.

12. Cyc

:thumbsup:
    Welcome back, Calis.

13. Calis

Calis on time

Inquiry from Anarchie:

14. Chamnix

Chamnix Chasing Time

:cool:

There isn't a chance in hell that we are not still weak compared to the Knights, but there is no reason to say that to Anarchie before we get the save. I suppose then we can tell them we are still weak, but I wouldn't want them to know the details of our lack of military.

15. Calis

Calis on time

I agree. Let's think about what we tell them.

16. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Saying average is a nice way to deflect the question. It's not like we want the Anarchia to obliterate the Knights until we can intervene.

17. EvilConqueror

EvilConqueror Warlord

Average sound good.

18. Chamnix

Chamnix Chasing Time

I don't think lying is a good idea. For all we know, Anarchie is weak relative to the Brotherhood, even though they are strong relative to us. I think we just tell them we are still weak compared to the Brotherhood, but we will let them know when that changes (giving the impression that it could change anytime).

19. Sparthage

Sparthage Fighting Tyranny

I agree with Chamnix in this case. It's not a lie, but it gives a better impression.

20. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

But if we tell them that and it doesn't change in a while, it would clearly broadcast to them that we have a rather compact military.