Embassy with Anarchie

But the sooner they get a tech, the sooner they can start on the next tech. Are they really being slowed down?

But if we double-check the paranoid version, :rolleyes:

If the BH has promised the Anarchie the Republic if they can get them Construction for a reduced cost (the amount they will split as payment to the Kitchen and us), the Anarchie can shuttle this and possibly more future techs to it's new partner (the BH), who has sworn to us numerous times that THEY WOULD NOT DEAL with the Anarchie in the future.

Remember how the BH got Warrior Code the turn after we gave it to the Anarchie? And the Anarchie immediately had 25 gold to send us when Fonte claimed they didn't have the gold?

But if we double-check the paranoid version, :rolleyes:

If the BH has promised the Anarchie the Republic if they can get them Construction for a reduced cost (the amount they will split as payment to the Kitchen and us), the Anarchie can shuttle this and possibly more future techs to it's new partner (the BH), who has sworn to us numerous times that THEY WOULD NOT DEAL with the Anarchie in the future.

Remember how the BH got Warrior Code the turn after we gave it to the Anarchie? And the Anarchie immediately had 25 gold to send us when Fonte claimed they didn't have the gold?

Welcome back, Cyc. :goodjob:

I think it's hard to say what really happened over at the other continent. :dunno:

But that the Brotherhood said, they would not deal with Anarchie was quite a while ago. They are now aware that the other teams will run away tech-wise. What choice do they have, other than to try to get techs that way?

But the sooner they get a tech, the sooner they can start on the next tech. Are they really being slowed down?

Yes, they are. Suppose they want Construction with a triple discount cost of 285 (that may not be the right number but go with it). They offer Anarchie 300 gold for it. Their economy produces 15 gpt or 15 bpt. Either they spend 19 turns researching Construction then start their next project, or they spend 20 turns doing no research to save up 300 gold to give Anarchie before they can start researching again.

Any interest in trading territory maps with Anarchie? There is no reason to trade world maps, and Anarchie would not be permitted to trade world maps with the Brotherhood ever once they got our territory map, but I am kind of curious to see their land.

The thing is they won't necessarily always get the discount- we won't trade construction polytheism and currency until all teams have the respective techs, by which time the Brotherhood will have spent a decent amount of research on one of those with only discount from one team.

In any case, we should avoid giving the Brotherhood techs until we're all out of anarchy.

Proposed reply regarding selling techs to the Knights:

Dear people in Anarchie,

Our team has no unanimous opinion in this matter, although most of our people are against it. But Kueche is strictly against selling anything to the Knights.

So I think according to our deal, we ask you, not to sell techs to The Brotherhood.

Calis of the Flock

That works!

Pfff. If the Middle Age agreement is void, then we have to reopen the cash discussions because the Medieval techs were included in those calculations, Republic will be delayed, blah, blah, blah.

His words:

Don't you think you are overreacting a bit.

I thinkt it would be unwise for us to exclude all future trade possibilities for techs we research ourselef completely at this point in time. I'm only talking about techs of the medieval age where the plan depends on many external factors anyway.

You never complained about the fact that no written agreement existed so far.

As an anarchist I was quite happy about that, but I've learned that it is hard to find out about which details we agreed if there is not a single point in the negotiations where all three parties say "yes, this is what we want".

Uh-huh. :rolleyes:

He's focusing on his bonus tech, I bet. He's probably already wrapped that up and put BH's address on it. He's trying to wiggle out of his 3 nation agreement to still try and get Republic early. What he's not realizing is that we are going to get the Republic right ater him, but he'll have already broken the deal.

I would not send him anymore techs until we have ALL of this squared away. And don't bend on trading with the BH.

If the deal ends at the beginning of the middle ages, that's fine with me. We will have ended the BH's advantage, and put ourselves in a good position for a 2 vs. 2, which was our original goal. It would be impossible to keep Anarchy on board when going back to the BH becomes in their best interest. But we will have a stronger alliance and better researching capacity. And Dromons.

An apology from Anarchie:

Sorry, kann sein, daß ich grade etwas genervt bin - Ihr könnt ja gar nichts dafür. Wir haben einen Fehler gemacht, denn wir haben Mathematik den Rittern für 125 Gold angeboten und sind nun gezwungen, bei diesem für alle außern den Rittern lukrativen Geschäft einen Rückzieher zu machen. :sz: Bestimmt laufen die Verhandlungen flüssiger, wenn wir direkt mit der Küche reden
können.

And its translation:

Sorry! Possible that I am somewhat annoyed at the moment - but that's not your fault.. We made the mistake, as we already offered Maths to the Knights for 125 gold and now are forced to retreat from this - attractive for all but the Knights - deal.

Probably communications will be more effective as soon as we can directly talk to the Kueche.

Another good point for us. Anarchie must back out of a tech proposal they made with the BH. That should teach the BH not to heed the warning they gave us. :D

Not that it matters. We seem to be losing the Anarchie anyway. But now that we have just given Anarchie communication with the Kitchen, the table will be set for a 3 against 1, with us as the 1. We are the weak one. And we are in the lead by a good stretch.

Could be trouble...

From d7...

"Dear Eagles,

regarding the Techs you sent us: We will not take the Republic for now as the coming war forces us to stay in despotism, and we want to keep the Knights uncertain about the extent of our cooperation (they think you are withholding vital techs from us, ans we are happy to keep it that way as long as possible). Also, we want to build a couple of curraghs, so we will not take map making for now. It would be best if you or the Kitchen sent us mysticism now and all the other techs as late as possible so that we can make the transition to the medieval age at the same time.

Please tell us at what time we should send currency."

Works fer me...

Yeah, I sent them Republic and Map Making. Brotherhood has Map Making and I thought that Kueche maybe had forgotten to send Republic.

But now we know better. Sorry, forgot to mention that I sent the techs. :blush:

Well, if they refuse them, don't send them back.

A message posted by Loki...

"Dear Eagles,

the Küche send us a request for sending you money, it is something about 200 Coins.
We do not understand the thinking behind this request. Do they talk to you about this? Do you understand this request?
Do you need a loan to research your last tech in a minimum of time?

In which round do you become republicans?

War with the knights is getting more concrete any round. Using Medieval Infs may be a strong advantage. So we would like to know, when we can hope on a free feudalism.

Greetings
The free people."

Any thoughts?

Top Bottom