End of the Beginning of the End

@Thomas.berubeg: I don't know what you're talking about. Clearly you're crazy.

Questions

1) Do I need to explicitly tell mages to use magicka for things like self-defence, or do they possess common sense and will do so if I have some left in the pool?

2) How do I increase food and water production?

3) Can we have some metric of how explored a zone is? Not necessarily a hard number, but some description in the stats.

1. They will use magicka for self-defense. They do have the desire to live through bad things.

2. Wells and farming equipment. You could also do a direction 1 to 1 conversion of magicka to the needed resource.

3. I think I can figure something out to fit that.

Explosive resources that wipe out half my stockpile aside (you bloody troll) I enjoyed the update quite a bit, and had an enormous laugh at the "centaur" freak-mutation event which occurred with one of the factions. Good stuff. Your turn outcomes somehow always manage to strike my funny-bone.

However, I see that I have no specific "per turn" lumber income, and a vastly lowered water income compared to other factions who have no wells whatsoever. i ask wry

Well that could have gone better. Also I was 100% reliant on selling magicka to survive so who know how I'll last the next two turns.

Ah well, excellent update EQ! Corn elementals are amazing.

Does food spoil in this?

edit:
How fast does food spoil? I'd like to buy some for future turns while the rates are low but am not sure how much i'll lose each turn...

Challenge: We no longer know where we are, and the world has changed dramatically from what it had been. Our people are on the verge of panic and look towards the leadership for answers. What do we tell them has happened?

Pretty sure this is a lot better than being surrounded by like a billion humans. Calm your tits, guys.

EQ, I'm on vacation until late August. Could you please NPC Zlatokraina for these three weeks? Just keep it alive, expanding its agricultural and resource-gathering base, not risking too much or too little. We're curious, but peaceful and simple people who enjoy life and whatever it brings.

I'm looking for noble adventurers to help me excavate the treasures of the Mall of the Dead! Guaranteed 1/4th of everything found! Any artifacts found are keepsake for the Conclave. Any strong weapons will be kept by the Conclave. No guarantees given for survival rate.

I'm looking for noble adventurers to help me excavate the treasures of the Mall of the Dead! Guaranteed 1/4th of everything found! Any artifacts found are keepsake for the Conclave. Any strong weapons will be kept by the Conclave. No guarantees given for survival rate.

OOC: There are no heroes yet...

Edit: Somehow forgot the "no"

Yes, and the best way to create heroes is by sending a group of lusty adventurers to their doom. Eventually, either a hero will appear, or they'll all die in manners most terrifying.

1. They will use magicka for self-defense. They do have the desire to live through bad things.

2. Wells and farming equipment. You could also do a direction 1 to 1 conversion of magicka to the needed resource.

3. I think I can figure something out to fit that.

1. How much magicka can a mage use in a single turn, if allowed to draw on the common pool?

2. Can I do a direct conversion into wood (with the obvious caveat that I can't resell it)?

4. I'm unfamiliar with the format of this game. Apparently we can just send our population out to "manually" gather resources, instead of relying on structures?

@Zappericus: I just overlooked adding the per-turn collection of lumber for you mills. My mistake. Now corrected in stats. Thanks for the centaur comment, had a lot of fun with that. Looking forward to doing it to other factions when players start flinging a lot of magic around the place.

@Grandkhan: Theoretically you could turn your magicka into any other resource and then sell said resource to make a profit.

@Immaculate: Food spoilage/resource loss is a random event that can occur, especially if you have extremely large (5,000+) stockpiles of said resource. Unlike botwawki, spoilage will not always happen.

@Ahigin: NPCing is not a problem. They will hold the status quo.

@Tolni: There are no adventurers outside of the factions that exist. In lieu of heroes existing yet, either you or another faction will have to launch a raid of a dungeon to reap any of the sweet, sweet spoils. Yes, the odds of Heroes arising is increased dramatically in a dungeon raid.

@Shadowbound:
1. Unless you set limits, a mage will use 1 Magicka per battle they are in automatically. So, if you wind up doing a lot of fighting, the amount used could be rather high, if a lot of mages are present.

2. Yes, and as a matter of fact, you CAN resell it as wood, if you choose.

4. Correct, however, the amount collected in the manual way is riskier (for those collecting) and more varied in the amount of return it may have.

@Immaculate: Food spoilage/resource loss is a random event that can occur, especially if you have extremely large (5,000+) stockpiles of said resource. Unlike botwawki, spoilage will not always happen.

Is it ever more than 50%? and if so, per turn, or once off? Also, if more than 50%, approximately how much?

Sorry for all the questions. We produce no food, cannot in the near future, and its as low a price as it will ever get... so i am very interested in buying now.

What's a reasonable size for an exploration party into a neighboring zone?

What's a reasonable size for an exploration party into a neighboring zone?

OOC: 5-10 regular, 25 man for Heroic and 40 man for the throwback dungeons :p

@Immaculate: You will always be left with some food from spoilage, at least enough for 1 turn of food.

@Double A: Depends on the zone. If you're going into a "new" zone, you may want to make sure the party is either very large or well trained. On the other side of that, a small group of well-trained scouts may be better off in avoiding hazards like animate corn.

Top Bottom