Enginseer's Wholesome Tweaks (VERSION 12!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I like these Changes to Huns / France a lot, but i would like to keep ekis ability to claim neutral tiles. Is it possible to delete that part in the code while keeping the rest? Is deleting the Line: DELETE From Trait_TerrainClaimBoost WHERE TraitType = 'TRAIT_RAZE_AND_HORSES'; the right way?

I like these Changes to Huns / France a lot, but i would like to keep ekis ability to claim neutral tiles. Is it possible to delete that part in the code while keeping the rest? Is deleting the Line: DELETE From Trait_TerrainClaimBoost WHERE TraitType = 'TRAIT_RAZE_AND_HORSES'; the right way?
Ekis don't claim neutral tiles. Ekis can still be built on tiles adjacent to Hunnic borders. Cities tend to prioritize tiles with yields when expanding.

Deleting the deletion line would bring back Hunnic adjacency claim.

Last edited:
Ekis don't claim neutral tiles. Ekis can still be built on tiles adjacent to Hunnic borders. Cities tend to prioritize tiles with yields when expanding.

Deleting the deletion line would bring back Hunnic adjacency claim.
Sorry that's what i meant, ty

Huns
  • +1:c5gold:Gold in all Cities for every Subsequent Attack on enemy cities.
  • +1:c5culture:Culture to the Origin City of the Subsequent Attacker on enemy units.
  • These yields scale with the number of subsequent attacks, so the 4th attack would grant you +3 :c5culture: Culture if done on enemy units or +3 :c5gold:Gold in all Cities if done on enemy cities.
Hej, i couldn't determine if this part works..
I wanted to test it quickly to see "how it feels", on quick settler game, but i wasn't able to see it..
The 10% attack part, is shown as old France multiattack bonus, so I'm sure this works correctly.
I was looking on the city accumulated culture (border growth) or even policy total accumulated culture after each subsequent attack, and nothing is added on the same turn..
I was thinking, that maybe there will be some "accumulated" notification next turn, but also didn't saw anything..
I was trying this both on cities and units, also tried different units, just in case it suppose to apply to only skirmisher units, but none units were generating the yields (melee, ranged, siege)..
Also the "star" icon, that shows instant yields didnt show anything :/
Regarding mods i was using, it was clean 3.7.3 and bare necessities and improved UI, so, pretty much nothing should cause conflicts..
Is it possible i am missing something?

Last edited:
Hej, i couldn't determine if this part works..
I wanted to test it quickly to see "how it feels", on quick settler game, but i wasn't able to see it..
The 10% attack part, is shown as old France multiattack bonus, so I'm sure this works correctly.
I was looking on the city accumulated culture (border growth) or even policy total accumulated culture after each subsequent attack, and nothing is added on the same turn..
I was thinking, that maybe there will be some "accumulated" notification next turn, but also didn't saw anything..
I was trying this both on cities and units, also tried different units, just in case it suppose to apply to only skirmisher units, but none units were generating the yields (melee, ranged, siege)..
Also the "star" icon, that shows instant yields didnt show anything :/
Regarding mods i was using, it was clean 3.7.3 and bare necessities and improved UI, so, pretty much nothing should cause conflicts..
Is it possible i am missing something?
Someone told me the notifications might get annoying so it got suppressed. You can enable it by finding
Code:
        if pPlot:IsCity() then
            local pCity = pPlot:GetPlotCity()
            local iGain = (pAttackingUnit:GetMultiAttackBonusCity(pCity) / 10)
            if iGain > 0 then
                Players[iAttackingPlayer]:DoInstantYield(YieldTypes.YIELD_GOLD, iGain, true);
            end
        else
            local iGain = (pAttackingUnit:GetMultiAttackBonus(Players[iDefendingPlayer]:GetUnitByID(iDefendingUnit)) / 10)
            if iGain > 0 then
                if pAttackingUnit:GetCityName() ~= "" then
                    for pCity in Players[iAttackingPlayer]:Cities() do
                        if (pCity:GetName() == pAttackingUnit:GetCityName()) then
                            Players[iAttackingPlayer]:DoInstantYield(YieldTypes.YIELD_CULTURE, iGain, true, pCity:GetID());
                            break;
                        end
                    end
                else
                    Players[iAttackingPlayer]:DoInstantYield(YieldTypes.YIELD_CULTURE, iGain, true, Players[iAttackingPlayer]:GetCapitalCity():GetID())
                end
            end
        end
and replacing it with
Code:
        if pPlot:IsCity() then
            local pCity = pPlot:GetPlotCity()
            local iGain = (pAttackingUnit:GetMultiAttackBonusCity(pCity) / 10)
            if iGain > 0 then
                Players[iAttackingPlayer]:DoInstantYield(YieldTypes.YIELD_GOLD, iGain, true);
            end
        else
            local iGain = (pAttackingUnit:GetMultiAttackBonus(Players[iDefendingPlayer]:GetUnitByID(iDefendingUnit)) / 10)
            if iGain > 0 then
                if pAttackingUnit:GetCityName() ~= "" then
                    for pCity in Players[iAttackingPlayer]:Cities() do
                        if (pCity:GetName() == pAttackingUnit:GetCityName()) then
                            Players[iAttackingPlayer]:DoInstantYield(YieldTypes.YIELD_CULTURE, iGain, false, pCity:GetID());
                            break;
                        end
                    end
                else
                    Players[iAttackingPlayer]:DoInstantYield(YieldTypes.YIELD_CULTURE, iGain, false, Players[iAttackingPlayer]:GetCapitalCity():GetID())
                end
            end
        end

and replacing it with
NOTE: i was doing tests, while writing this post, so i had to rewrite the whole post any way, but still might be a little "not chronological" :)

Ok, i did testing with notifications, and results are not as i expected, pleas confirm correct behaviour:

Citty attack
When i get gold bonus, i get it in each city, but from third attack, not the second..
I explained this below, the functions you are using, use scaling with game speed, so iGain for first attack that should give u some yields become 0,7 on quick and 2 on marathon..
Obviously 0,7 to my understanding is casted on Integer so it become zero, thus, you get bonus on 3rd attack not 2nd on quick game..
On the same time, you get 2 culture instead 1 on marathon, but correctly on second attack..

Unit Attack
Also, i get bonus from third attack(quick game), not from the first/second () and i get 1 culture for only one city, the one that produced unit gets the culture bonus..
I can confirm this by looking at other cities accumulated culture for border, the other cities just didn't got any..
I assumed, maybe wrongly, it should work same as with city attacking bonus

UPDATE1: Ok i tested it by setting local iGain to "(pAttackingUnit:GetMultiAttackBonusCity(pCity) / 1" (1 instead of 10)
And the second attack gave 7 gold and 3rd gave 15 gold..
Initially i suspected some rounding problem but 7 could meant only one thing :)
So it means, this value you are using is probably scaled with game speed, but on the same time, the value shown in dmg calculator for multiattack, is
calculated differently, since multi attacks are always multiples of 10.. So this explains why i got bonus from the 3rd attack on "quick game'

UPDATE2: On marathon i got 20 culture with setting "GetMultiAttackBonusCity(pCity) / 1", so with setting /10 on maraton you would get 2 culture instead of 1.
But also on marathon, second attack show "multi-attack" bonus as 10%.. so somebody is lying here, since, one of calculations is scaled with game speed and other is not :)
My quick quess you should so something like:
local iGain = (pAttackingUnit:GetMultiAttackBonusCity(pCity) / (10 * gameSpeedFactor))
The questiuon is, how game is doing it since all multi attack bonuses seems not affected by game speed, unless they really are, just the tooltip is lying :)

UPDATE3: Your wording regarding culture yields may be interpreted to work same way as cities, meaning, should give culture in all cities, while your code "speaks"
like you planned it to be yields for one city.. Imo, if you plan those yields to be just for one city, it should be more, maybe like at least 2-3 and scaled with era..
Since even now if you scaled with era, and assuming you have like 3 subsequent attack additional 6 culture in atomic era seems just silly, unless, you wanted to
scale it with number of cities, then if you have like 10 cities it will become 60 culture, which seems suddenly not that terrible..
But then again, during my testing i found that, usually you wont be able to inflict more then 3 subsequent attacks (4 attacks total) on a single unit, from one trivial fact.. unit will simply die :)
So maybe all those subsequent attack should kinda scale exponentially? But then you will stuck in stupid situation, that you want to hit unit, but prefer not to kill it, since you will lose culture :)

Last edited:
On big maps you can have 100+ units in Industrial, sometimes 200+, so I guess it does scale.
Yea, i see your point, but again, assuming 100 units, so to inflict 3 subsequent attacks, you need make 4 total attacks on 25 enemy units you need literally 100 units on position, to make total 100 attacks in 1 turn,
3rd subsequent attack will give you 1+2+3=6 culture, if you x25 is 150 culture.. This is like making 2-3 buildings with progress policy :)
And lets be honest, you wll be happy if you will be able to make 2-3 such attack in 1 turn..
Now.. if it was in fact scaled with number of cities, it could have sense, if it wasn't, scaling this culture with era would be negligible any way :)

Your range units have logistics, so that would be more, and some mounted blitz.
Honestly, without any scaling, it doesn't matter, the numbers comparing to those you will get from just killing units having authority will be still insignificant..
Like imagine you have 2 Giant Death Robots with Blitz in Information era, they attack let say godly fortified unit, so that it could even survive it and all you get is 6 culture from that :) .. please..
And at the same time you get like 80-100+ from the kill alone..
Hmm, the only potential i see, is if you have tons of let say Zeros, or other fighters, this way you could easily inflict multiple attacks on 1 unit.. But even then, let say you have 2 cities full of fighters,
so how much hits can survive 1 unit 6-7? That is why is suggested, that if just 1 city only get the culture from subsequent attack, maybe those rewards from subsequent attack should be exponential,
like 1-2-4-8 etc or something like that, since, assuming multi attack, such unit rly need to be God-of-defence to survive so much attacks, so i could see a point in rewarding such encounter.
Im assuming that would have to be some very experienced, defence oriented unit in citadel to allow you to attack it so many times without dying..
So im assuming, if unit will survive 5 attacks, it will be exceptionally rare.. And only then it would be like 10-15 culture of it..
In my calculations, it will be just rounded to zero.. well, maybe it could have some minor influence on the game during first let say 70 turns..
Since then 3-5 culture is worth like 1 turn..

Been trying for months to attempt to make my own personal WWI Germany mod. Alas, I have failed miserably. I tried putting assets from "TarcisioCM'German Empire for VP" to pull it off but I just got so lost in the effort. In regards to why I am posting my ideas for Germany here; hopefully, you can take this into consideration IF you plan on overhauling Germany under Bismarck in the future..

Germany

Otto Von Bismarck: Blood and Iron

Bullying City-States does not decrease influence with the City-State, instead grants 30 influence, and increases influence resting point by 5 (up to 20). +1 production in each city, for each City-State bullied (can stack multiple times with any particular City-State, does not scale with the era).

Deutscher Botschafter (Great Diplomat)

+Weltpolitik: Diplomatic missions count as bullying a City-State without requiring a need for military units, and negate any diplomatic consequences with civilizations when bullying that particular CIty-State from then on.

Stormtrooper (Rifleman)

(Unit graphics should be from “TarcisioCM'German Empire for VP”)
Gains unique bonuses for each declaration of war...
Schlieffen Plan: For each declaration of war on major civilizations and City-States, gain +1 movement upon the outbreak of war for one turn.
Sturm: For each declaration of war on a major civilization, gain +5% combat strength when attacking fortified units, units in citadels/forts, and cities.
Volkskrieg: If at war with one or more civilizations, heals every turn when a civilian unit is stationed in the same tile.
Weltskrieg: If at war with two or more civilizations, +10% defense against ranged attacks and city bombardments. +20% defense if in a fort, and +30% defense if in a citadel.
Blitzkrieg: If at war with three or more civilizations, ignore enemy zone of control and expends no movement cost to pillage tiles, capture civilians, and plunder trade routes.
Total War: If at war with four or more civilizations, may pillage tiles, capture civilians, and plunder trade routes of neutral and friendly civilizations without declaring war and gain +5hp for pillaging tiles, capturing civilians, and destroying trade routes of civilizations you are not at war with. +10hp if at war with the civilization.

IF USING 3/4VP

Krupp Gun (Artillery)​

(Same as in 3/4VP)

Reichstag (Scrivener's Office)

Can only be built in the Capital.
+1 delegate in the world congress for each City-State bullied, even when the City State is killed or allied with another civilization. (Only once per City-State).

Reasoning behind the changes:

The reason why I personally would put these changes into Vox Populi is because of how underwhelming Germany’s UU, UA, and UB are. Their civilization in Vox Populi as a whole is a worse version of Austria and Greece. These changes fix that! and even try to make the Civilization historically accurate. I took some of the abilities from TarcisioCM'German Empire, and also the VP Version, and JFD’s changes to Bismarck in his Arminius mod- to a syncretic amalgamation of all of their units, abilities, and buildings. I added a few creative touches from myself as well into the idea.

^I can go more in-depth on why these changes make sense from a historical and gameplay standpoint if ya'll wish.

Firetuner hangs? with nothing clickable for me when I try to make a modpack with this

1692149716239.png

Last edited:
Firetuner hangs? with nothing clickable for me when I try to make a modpack with this

View attachment 669915
Might be the duplicate CityInfoStack.lua that might exist in ur modpack or other mods. Try deleting it in WholesomeTweaks (since it doesn't really care if you deleted that or not)

Getting an error now, I am using a bunch of other mods, although I can make a modpack just fine with those. I'll be happy to just hope for the integration of some of these tweaks to VP. Thanks for the reply and all your work!
1692199925283.png

1692200356910.png
1692200387852.png

Version 10 released for 3.8+

Some changes were removed.
Some kept.
Some added.

Check OP for more information.

Top Bottom