Enhanced Goody System (Unit only Goodies and Protected Goodies) [IMPLEMENTED]

Need some help? :)
@Schmiddie has got some ideas to add Sounds into the KFMs - but he knows to explain it better. :)
(I know only very little of KFM files.)

But yes, maybe you can help him to create the sound files he could use. :thumbsup:
I already told him that he might contact you because you are a "Sound Expert".

Edit:
Cross-Post with Schmiddie. :)

Are we talking about an ambient sound that you hear when zooming the improvement? I think that is controlled by XML files like in case of terrain and features.
I know nothing about KFM files but can make and/or mix some sounds if needed.

Maybe ambient sound can do it for the moment. I'm thinking about a sound that is started by the kfm files when the improvement is "active".

@raystuttgart

The branch large river seems to be currently instable. :sad:

I had some crashes to desktop when founding a settlement near a shipwreck and when I placed a settlement near the shipwreck with the worldbuilder this happens:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 419
The branch large river seems to be currently instable. :sad:
I had some crashes to desktop when founding a settlement near a shipwreck and when I placed a settlement near the shipwreck with the worldbuilder this happens:
Don't worry, that is probably quite easy to fix.
(I am almost sure that I already know what causes it.)
I will fix it this evening after work and send you a new DLL. :thumbsup:

Hi guys,

as requested by the team, the "Hostile Native Villages" are not defended by "Native Mercenaries" anymore.
(They were too powerful and dangerous for Scouts and also not really immersive.)

They are now defended by a new Unit "Hostile Native".
(It is about as strong as a "Revolting Slave" - but has a few more Terrain Bonusses.)

It is configurable in XML though, which Units a "Hostile Native Village" spawns.
(There is a "GlobalDefine" for it now.)

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 413
  • Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
Yes, of course. Could not figure out today how I can implement sound via .kfm, i.e. when activated. Have some wardrums for the camps in mind - I have the sound, but struggle with implementation. Help highly appreciated! Is there a tutorial? I assume I need to understand the entries in the kfm a little better.
Have you solved this? Because @Gearbolt38 has created a unit recently and he seems to know how to add sounds.

Is there a chance you could make all the Goody Huts more visible or highlighted for Scouts? I'm mostly thinking about Ancient Ruins, which are grey and then you have Taiga and Tundra which are also grey and they are not very distinct from one another...

Reactions: nci
Is there a chance you could make all the Goody Huts more visible or highlighted for Scouts? I'm mostly thinking about Ancient Ruins, which are grey and then you have Taiga and Tundra which are also grey and they are not very distinct from one another...

If you take Malinche? as far as I remember the name the ruins and huts are visible specks within the darkness of the Fog of War - practically highlighted.

If you take Malinche? as far as I remember the name the ruins and huts are visible specks within the darkness of the Fog of War - practically highlighted.

No, it's just the problem of old and lazy eyes, even if you have Malinche it's still hard to spot them while they are next to your scout.

@HiFiPanda I have the same problem. Adjusting FOW_WAS_VISIBLE_COLOR and FOW_MINIMAP_WAS_VISIBLE_COLOR to 0.63 in GlobalArtDefines.xml makes those covered by fog of war much more noticeable, but highlighting goodies near scout is still required.

I agree, even if you take Malinche it's hard to spot those ruins and huts.

Top Bottom