1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] Enjoyable Deity Games

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Nizef, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Mizzenmast

Mizzenmast Chieftain

I played the Songhai game #152, here was the outcome.

Spoiler Songhai Edge 152 :

I Sent my settler South following the river and founded on a coastal hill 3 tiles from Marrakech. I stole 3 workers from him in our initial war, and later a 4th that he lost as a Settler to barbs. 4 City Tradition. Capital BO: Monument, Shrine, Granary, Settler, Caravan, Scout, Settler, Library…

Songhai72.png

Allied Kyzyl on t46 through a boosted 500g gift & embassy quest. Entered Medieval through Theology t54 to double my culture gain from that, and bought a Garden while building National Epic. Prioritized Mud Pyramids in all cities and got my Prophet on t60. (I had picked Sun god for the pantheon which was not the best choice at all, but still fine). Tithe and Cathedrals. Bought 1 missionary to spread. I rushed both Guilds, the N. Epic, and Grand Temple. Quick Speed strangely had everyone demanding 3gpt for Open borders at first while I was exploring.

I got 3 Universities up Asap but didn't have time for National College before I hit Printing Press t97 (proposed Arts Funding) and went for Leaning Tower, but China beat me to it 3 turns in. Now I built NC, researched Acoustics/Architecture, and built Uffizi and Louvre in my cap, Sistine and Taj Mahal in my first expo. After buying all my Cathedrals, I enhanced t111 and took Religious Community/Religious Texts.

Policies: Tradition 6, Aesthetics 2, Patronage, Rationalism 2, Exploration...

T119, Arts Funding passes and Worlds Fair actually fails by the AIs, which is perfect because production is so tight for wonders and Archaeologists. Now I propose WF.

Adopted first ideology through Oxford Radio t130, I took Order and picked Factory science as my tier 2 a few turns later.

Borrowed thousands from Austria in the turns before our friendship expired, then paid her to backstab Morocco and warred her. Assyria backstabbed her a few turns later. When I made peace with her five turns later it was as if nothing had happened, but eventually she picked Autocracy and started to hate me. She had bought out 3 CS’s by this point, was the Culture leader, and had won the WF (I didn’t end up trying for 1st when the time came, went for Silver only). I had 3 allies in the 200s at this time (2 Culture, 1 Happiness).

Made Morocco Host, he proposed my religion as WR and it passed, and we successfully voted down a repeal the next round.

There were a few late game fumbles: Babylon beat me to Kremlin by 1 turn, and I lost the International Games by 30 production. That slowed me down a bit, but I won a Cultural Victory on t199 with a couple musician bombs.

Songhai199.jpg

Nizef likes this.
  2. Tiberiu

Tiberiu Warlord

I am playing edge 118 with Germany with good results. I am t 200 and it seems this will be my fastest cultural victory on standard size map. (probably a t240 or even less).

Spoiler t100 :

The use of the UA was a bit unlucky with the first 3 camps yielding no unit but I eventually made a few units during the game which were useful.

I had a good start and built Temple of Artemis, Oracle and Machu Picchu. This map allows building the Collosus since there are so few coastal spots. But unfortunately for me, I did not take the coastal spot quickly enough and lost on this great Wonder.
    Nevertheless this start was enough to make an awesome game since I also managed to get a good religion with Feed the World and Religious community and Itinerant Preachers.

egde118_t100.jpg

Spoiler t200 :

After the good start, I went on to build ALL of the Renaissance wonders except Himeji and Red Fort, built Louvre and Eiffel Tower already and will build all wonders from now on.
    I am first to ideologies and to Modern Era by more than 20 turns and I also have the World Religion.
    I am ally with ALL CS :D.
    First in population, production and literacy. The only civ with higher score is Rome and they only have 1 Wonder - Himeji Castle.
    I have done a little warmongering by the use of Freedom's Voluntary Army and will soon capture The Netherlands for Petra, Stonehenge and Great Library.
    I like the Hanse, a good building, giving much higher bonuses to the empire than the standard bank.

The cultural runaway is only 15.000 (Arabia) so this will be a piece of cake to dominate this map.

edge_118_t200.jpg

edge_118_t200_2.jpg

Mizzenmast, Nizef and bobbobbybobbob like this.
  3. Nizef

Nizef King

Looks like an absolute blast of a game for you!

4. Tiberiu

Tiberiu Warlord

Yes. Only turn 244, sadly. I was hoping to be under 240. It was nice, anyway. But I did not take out Wittenberg, I forgot. And I didn't see much reason to do it anyway.

Spoiler edge_118_t244_CulturalVictory :

policies were: Tradition 6 / Patronage 3 / Rationalism 5 / Aesthetics 1 / Exploration 1 / Freedom 7

edge118_victory.jpg

5. beetle

beetle Deity

6. Nizef

Nizef King

That´s indeed good timing! I am myself mostly enjoying RL and thus not very active with the computer. Use the next available number, which at the moment is 154.