• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

EPICNES [the Troquelet Returns!] New Nes, Eight Players in Merrie England!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the double post, but Jason, you are using a double march again to claim two provinces.

If I don't get word from you I'll assume you want me to leave some troops behind to claim one province while the rest march on to the other.

To Anglia and Mercia:
From Wessex:

King John the Twelth accept Anglias claim over Province 7, 8, 11, 26 and 36
And like Anglia, we are also worried about the growing Scottish alliance.
That's way we propose that our three nation bond together into a Military Alliance.

-------------

Wessex Officially claim Provinces 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 as part of the Kingdom of Wessex.

:king:

Saluti

To Wales and Wessex
From Mercia: We claim the terroitroy 22 and will help you against the Scottish hordes if you recognise this. We do this for the protection of our capital. and hold not desires to make any other moves towards you.

To Mercia

I will claim 21 but as you wish 22 is yours. We are allies then? As full allies we will support each other in everything but must tell each other what we plan to do

To Wessex

Do not think about taking 14 and I won’t claim 1

To Yorkshire

Are you able to join the Northern Pact then?

agreed, King Giovanni of Wessex is also an important ally of Mercia. Perhaps the Triple Alliance can be borne. We may need to recruit London as well

nope :(

To Wales:

We agree, Wessex has no interest on taking province 14, and we recognize that it rightfully belong to Wales
As it seems you are allied with our ally Mercia, it looks like we are allies as well.

Saluti

To All Scottish Bretheren,
From Kingdom of Galloway

What have you say on the alliance I proposed? The southerners are getting rather restless!

To Yorkshire
From The Great Kingdom of Galloway

Shall I propose we form a duece alliance? This would help all of Britain to remain peaceful!

Remember, no rights of passage. If Mercia wants to attack Dalriada he's going to have to do it by boat.

To: Galloway and Dalriada

I accept the allience proposal.
i also sent you two a PM (same PM) please read/reply.

posted by Troq
You may sell Military units as Mercenaries to be ordered by the other player.

isnt that the same thing as ROP?
i assume that if jason for example 'rents' my units, he can walk them through his territory. and then lets just say that i rented my units to him for.....0 gold per turn. that would effectively be a ROP, just with him having a guarantee that the units wont attack him (cause he's sending the orders)

just noticed this rule...
From the rules post
3. MARCHES
Units that have just been built cannot move.
i guess EVERYONE including Troq ignored that rule. should it just be take out? or changed to "....cannot attack."?

To Kingdom of Dalriada
From Moray

Friend, you have not replied to my Messenger, and i must soon send orders to my armies. (so incase you read this and not your PMs). i ask you publicly not to send forces to territories 62 or 67, as that will result in a fight between our armies and most likely BOTH will die.

i have my orders writen, but i guess i'll hold off sending em till closer to the deadline (its in about 4 hours i think) in case my allies (Jason and Kennelly) come online and answer my PMs to them.

Thanks once more to Roddy! The intention of the rule is the same as in UKNESes if you've played them: NEWLY BUILT UNITS MAY MOVE FREELY BUT MAY NOT ENTER ENEMY TERRITORY. The rule also applies to Castles: UNITS MAY NOT BE MADE IN CASTLES BUILT THE SAME TURN. These two rules are to prevent super-sneaky attacks.. as is the rule that halves your money if any is left over, so you can't do banking races....

The update will be in a few minutes. I see everyone got their orders in, thanks, it's nice to work with a punctual group! :D

-

Roddy, notice the word "sell". When you sell the unit, that's it. No giving back, no "rent", it's a flat rate. AND, your people DEMAND that it must be at a profit [3 gold for a Peasant for example].

The idea behind mercenaries is you might want to secretly support one side without coming openly out about it... or you might want to sell units to an ally at need.

I know there's nothing in the rules technically against it, but I have a feeling your people might riot if you sell all your military to someone else, or switch back and forth each turn to create a superarmy, or anything like that.

Please play in the spirit of the game ;) So far all's gone well!

Update soon.

Evil Telefragged! Evil! ;)

The forum went down right after I posted that last post. Only Brits like Uknem could see it.

Because I'm your userfriendly moderator I'll go ahead and do the update tonight anyway.

However, your orders don't need to be in until 8 PM tomorrow [four hours later than usual]. I have a feeling you're going to need that diplomacy time what with the tensions between nations...

The suspense is killing you, isn't it?

Ok, ok, I'll go do the update ;)

MORAY has extended his power southwards. He's seized Edinburgh and established Castles in the South of Scotland. Meanwhile his sole Knight has most of the Northern grasslands sealed off for Moray thanks to slow moves by warlords leading Dalradian troops. This is the biggest power in Scotland, and indeed in the length of England. However his moves may have angered the rest of the Scottish Alliance... ?

GALLOWAY has seized much good land, and is somewhat of a junior partner to Moray in size. Squabbles between these two over the Edinburgh area are likely - but what will Dalriada and Yorkshire think?

YORKSHIRE started off as the runt nation of England - and remained so this year. However his central position means he has great diplomatic leverage. A typo in Yorkshire's orders, causing him to move to 31, was corrected to 28. If this is a misinterpretation, tell me, and you then have 8 gold [from now on, no more typo corrections! If Mercia moves troops to 55, I may just decide to have them spontaneously combust!]. If not, you have 10 gold to spend.

DALRIADA is very conservative in moves, and has grabbed most of the Highlands and is guaranteed Caithness and the Western Isles. These are worthless lands now but with Castles they are as good as Forests for money.

MERCIA is totally surrounded by four powers but on good terms with three. Meanwhile they have one unclaimed province between them, Yorkshire, and Wales... Mercia besides Moray and Wessex, also bought a castle! Mercia had a typo causing him to move troops to move to 24, already claimed! If this isn't a typo, you have 13 gold to spend. Otherwise 15. NO MORE TYPO CORRECTIONS!!! :eek:

WALES the beautiful country of mountain resorts has yet to include a mountain in its lands. Because of its corner position Wales has grabbed mostly grass and left the mountains for dessert. A strong power! Also likely to be a naval one, since most of its provinces touch water. The strongest military on the board, if my figures are correct.

WESSEX has made the standard moves and gains a good income. It's on friendly terms with all its neighbors. A good position, but Wessex might need boats in F to defend 1 and 2 since they're so far away...

And finally, ANGLIA has the third largest wealth and one of the smallest militaries in England. Obviously for this nation the key to prosperity is peace. No worries of war with its neighbors unless Moray's boats decide they want 36 as well as 41. :lol:

MORAY has 18 gold to spend.
ANGLIA has 15 gold to spend.
MERCIA has 15 gold to spend.
WESSEX has 13 gold to spend.
GALLOWAY has 11 gold to spend.
YORKSHIRE has 10 gold to spend.
WALES has 9 gold to spend [a large military, but great land value, so don't be discouraged!].
DALRIADA has 8 gold to spend.

Attachments

• epicnes1036ends.jpg
    epicnes1036ends.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 114
To Yorkshire
From Merica: I suggestI have province 29 as it is next to my capital. You have other provinces to expand into

To Allies:
From Mercia: Build up your defences and then we can start considering our moves.

Dalriada officially claims 54,55,56,69,71,72,73 and 74.

To:Scottish allies

I hope these claims can be accepted by you,friends.

To Dalrieda
From Galloway

54 and 56 will by Galloway land. I suggest you expand more northern wards, and take 70 as well as your other plans.

To Moray
From Galloway

Do you want 42 or 40 next turn? I shall like it that you take 40, and me 42, but either one is fine by me.

TO WALES, WESSEX and MERCIA

I suggest we form the Southern Alliance, to counter these three things:
1) Attacks made by Scots on our lands
2) Attacks from outside, such as the foul Vikings or Normans
3) Attacks on each other, which will weaken us and make us easy pickings for the Scots and other nations

Will you please all sign this alliance?

King Arthur of Anglia

TO ALL NATIONS OF BRITAIN

Please can someone lend us one gold? We will pay it back with 2 gold next turn, but we need the money to improve our fortifications against the Normans, who are threatening our coast.

Many thanks

King Arthur of Anglia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom