Eq2

Paradigne

Emperor
Comes out 11/8 (US). Anyone getting it?
I played EQ for YEARS, but quit about a year ago, and am considering trying the new one.
Supposedly you will be able to solo (my biggest gripe), better graphics, more classes & races...

Thats where the my name in this thread comes from... My main EQ toon...

i am seriously considering getting it. it would be my first plunge into the world of mmorpgs, and i fear the kind of addiction often associated with them. from all the media ive seen and read it looks to be pretty sweet

this thread seems to have failed, but i want to give it one more shot at life. Everquest 2 is coming out and i want to hear people's thoughts on it. as i said, i am seriously considering getting it, but being an mmorpg 'virgin' as it were, i do not know quite what i would be getting into. from all ive read, heard and seen it looks like it will be awesome. i just want to know if anyone else planning on getting it and what do other people think of it?

I'm thinking about it but I'm not sure I want to commit to the whole monthly fee thing.

I am thinking about it also - I never liked the customer "service" of Sony though....I probably will try it out. Call me a sucker.

Eq2 looks a little stupid(The Unorginality of it, the furry races), and I doubt most people's computer's will be able to handle it, I would recomend Wow, I stress tested it and it was so addicted. "Rend Flesh With Me!" SoA

Sony FAQ says the computer hasn't been made that can run the game with all graphics turned on. Just looking at some of the screenshots got me wanting to play again. My problem with EQ was that if I only had a couple of hours to play, I couldn't get anything done. EQ2 allows soloing more...

I believe EQ2 goes live this weekend. It's a shame that this game came out the same month as World of Warcraft and Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed.. because all look like incredible time sinks. I've had my own sights set on WoW for well over 2 years though, and as much as I enjoyed EQ1, its sequel is going to have to act as a backup in case WoW fails to hook me. By all accounts though, that is extremely unlikely. :D

I finally broke down and pre-ordered WoW's collector edition tonight. It's due to ship on November 22, a little under 2 weeks from now. It's going to be very interesting to see which of these two blockbuster MMORPGs is going to emerge as the dominant winner by the end of the Holiday season.

In any case, if I disappear from the forums for over a month, you know now why. :lol:

-Elgalad

As much as I hate doing this, I feel I must ~ EQ2 is everything advertised and More. I spent several hours yesterday playing it and realize that I'm going to have to make a choice between it and WoW.

Or is the choice really between spending way too much of my life in this alternate world and neglecting my family, career, and life? :lol:

Well, aside from the 'keeping things in perspective' issue, this is difficult for me. I did not expect EQ2 to be so addictive after having finally broken free from EQ1 a couple years ago. WoW or EQ2.. EQ2 or WoW.. I, I, I can't decide! :aargh:

In any case, SOE did this game just right, and there is no question in my mind that Sony's stock will be climbing soon. So if you need a good investment ~ this is the time, before the Holiday buying season really kicks off. :goodjob:

-Elgalad

I Feel the same Elgalad. I bought EQ2 after not playing EQL for a year. I can't put it down. Oh the humanity :)

Top Bottom