Escape From Zombie Island 2 ready for public consumption

LizardmenRule! said:
i like the idea about the spaceship victory. i presume it would be things like 'eliminate the scientists', 'eliminate the witnesses', 'dispose of evidence', 'issue cover story', 'bribe the authorities (or something/one else important)', and maybe 'develop antidote' or something.
That's the sort of thing, it could mirror their tech tree. Does anyone know if the spaceship victory has to be a fixed number steps?

I think I got an idea for the names

1st. Determine the Mess

2nd.Kill the Scientists

3rd.Destroy all evidence about the ZV-69

4th.Set up an escape route (not sure)

5th.Make a meltdown at nuclear plant.Perhaps a new building called nuclear powerstation and when u get the tech needed for making of the meltdown,Nuclear plant resource pops out on the power station,cause you have to make the meltdown at the nuclear plant (Doh,isn't it obvious?)

6th.Perhaps bomb the island by a nuclear missile *cough*RE2*cough*,damn it's pretty cold out here :)

I really like the idea of space race being a collection of steps to 'contain' the situation ...

10 Step Management Procedure to Diffuse a Level Alpha Scenario
1. Gather Evidence to Assess the Situation
2. Calculate the Escalation Rate of the Infection
3. Generate the Worst Case Scenario
4. Inform the Company Board of the Current Projections
5. Disrupt Communication Channels with Mainland
6. Destroy all Electronic and Physical Evidence
7. Contain and Lockdown the Area
8. Impliment Witness Coercion and Persuasion Program
9. Issue Press Release with Convincing Cover Story
10. Sterilize the Infection

These can be altered to non-linear ... just in case the step by step option is not achievable ...

Thoughts?

Nice and if I was being really nasty I could make those "spaceship parts" require prerequisite improvements, for example, 5 could only be built at the radio station if it required the Radio Station GW as a prereq. That way it wouldn't be just a case of build all the parts but control key buildings then build the parts. I was thinking another way I could make it easier for the Company is to give the Black Ops hidden nationality and stealth to allow them to target the opponents kings and win by regicide.

fe3333au said:
I really like the idea of space race being a collection of steps to 'contain' the situation ...

10 Step Management Procedure to Diffuse a Level Alpha Scenario
1. Gather Evidence to Assess the Situation
2. Calculate the Escalation Rate of the Infection
3. Generate the Worst Case Scenario
4. Inform the Company Board of the Current Projections
5. Disrupt Communication Channels with Mainland
6. Destroy all Electronic and Physical Evidence
7. Contain and Lockdown the Area
8. Impliment Witness Coercion and Persuasion Program
9. Issue Press Release with Convincing Cover Story
10. Sterilize the Infection

These can be altered to non-linear ... just in case the step by step option is not achievable ...

Thoughts?

KingArthur said:
That's the sort of thing, it could mirror their tech tree. Does anyone know if the spaceship victory has to be a fixed number steps?

No there is no limitation, can be 1 or more than 10. This is set up in the general settings tab of the editor.

OK ... what about this then ...

Each new tech that the Company researches has 1 stage of the Spaceship Victory associated with it ... this can only be 'built' by the Company ...

This means that the Number of steps to 'contain' the situation = Number of techs available for the Company to research ...

I also suggest that it takes 1 turn to achieve ... because every other faction will be creating a feast of units to be eaten by the Zombies ...

Yeah maybe ... what would the total time to build the spaceship be?

Just making the point that Company has to build the victory while everyone else builds units and buildings ... so Company disadvantaged

That seems logical ... however in-game it puts the Company at a distinct disadvantage ... if KingArthur did go with your train LizardmenRules ... I would request that Company units are cheaper ... or have stronger defence ... else the zombies will easily overrun Company strongholds ...

fe3333au said:
That seems logical ... however in-game it puts the Company at a distinct disadvantage ... if KingArthur did go with your train LizardmenRules ... I would request that Company units are cheaper ... or have stronger defence ... else the zombies will easily overrun Company strongholds ...
I'd be a bit loath to up their stats. I think it will need a bit of play testing to get the right pace (that's you guys or I can do it on my own but it'll just take longer). Ideally the Survivors would be able to obtain their "escape" victory on the same turn as the Company. The Company's turns to victory is more predictable than the Survivors, being more linear with fixed cost "parts". The Survivors win is more difficult to predict since it relies on controlling the airport and finding some other resources. I like the non linear win of the surivivors as I think it's more interesting and relies on a bit of intelligence from the player. So I think I'll make the Company's win less linear too by building on my previous suggestion of having a prerequsite improvement for some of the spaceship parts. I agree the parts should be quite cheap but again play testing will bear this out. This should make for an interesting multi player game.

Sounds neat. I definitely agree with requiring specific buildings to be in the hands of the Company player.

I'd be interested in a multiplayer game - I've only done MP once or twice with my brother, and I'd love to try it with this scenario. However, I'm trying to finish up my term work, and couldn't play for about a week. So, if that time frame fits I'd be glad to play (any faction). Otherwise I'd enjoy lurking.

@bkwrm79 ... Don't get excited about pbem ... yet ... ;)

There is still much to discuss, impliment and then tweek before the pbem ... :p

I will then post a link here to the new thread which will be hosted at the pbem forum ...

I guess there is one question to ask ... which will assist in the rate of completion of the space race for the Company ...

To those of you who have completed the game ... When was victory achieved :confused:

EDIT : Just read your thoughts KingArthur re. Radio Station required to build 'long range radio signal scrambler' ... great idea ... I would however suggest that once built, the Company could retreat from radio station ...

if you require specific buildings to build certain spaceship parts, then i agree with fe3333au that they should be cheap. you would, theoretically (sp?), use a lot of resources trying to capture these buildings, so if you boosted the price of the SS parts, then it would be a double-blow for the company.

Hi All

I just found an interesting unit that is under development by Smoking Mirror for his Mars Campaign ... thinking it may be a siily schloc scifi unit to throw into the Company Arsinal ... called a Dalek ... from the longest running scifi tv series in history Dr Who ... which has started up again ... [party]
The Daleks are the travel machines designed for a hideously mutated lifeform which resulted from outlawed genetic experimentation ...

:nono: Please curb your enthusiasm Guyz ... lets NOT clutter (and hijack) the thread up with pbem discussions ... until we are at the stage where one is viable ;)

Ok I've come up with this. Basically I borrowed fe3333au ideas but reduced it to 5 steps. I am allowing the Company to build their parts in any city but they must control fixed resource to build some of the "parts". Most resources will be located under cities the Company control from the start, the difficult one is the Radio Station ;) I've put down an approximate number of turns to build figure but please not this is just a "guesstimate" and likely to change

Let me know what you think:

5 Step Management Procedure to Diffuse a Level Alpha Scenario

1. Disrupt Communication Channels with Mainland
TECH: Contain This Mess
PREREQ: Transmitter (resource) found at the Radio Station
~TURNS: 2

2. Destroy all Electronic and Physical Evidence
TECH: We're Screwed
PREREQ: Files (resource) found at Company HQ
~TURNS: 3

3. Implement Witness Coercion and Persuasion Program
TECH: Liquidate Expendable Assets
PREREQ: None

4. Issue Press Release with Convincing Cover Story
TECH: The Cover Up
PREREQ: Spin Doctors(Resource) at Customer Services

5. Develop Anti-Virus
TECH: None
PREREQ: Research Lab (Improvement)
~TURNS: 10

The LAUNCH button on the "Spaceship" screen would be renamed "STERILISE" or something suitably apt.

No, a Dalek in a Zombie game would be ridiculous! You might as well put a Klingon in there...

I think KingArthur's Company Victory scheme sounds great. I keep wanting to download and try the new version of this, but each time I decide to wait for the *next* version...

Plotinus said:
No, a Dalek in a Zombie game would be ridiculous! You might as well put a Klingon in there...

I think KingArthur's Company Victory scheme sounds great. I keep wanting to download and try the new version of this, but each time I decide to wait for the *next* version...

Someone could make a similarly themed scenario which replaces Zombies with Daleks :D

This next version will be my last (you can download then) promise.

I have decided to play the latest version. The game has really improved!!!

The roads are very neat and the smaller buildings makes it much better to understand where the units are!

Also, it seems possible the victory. Even though my situation has deteriorated recently (with the loss of the veterans resources), I believe it can be done, whilst before it was just impossible!

But what troubles me is that I was never able to get any resources (like ammo), so I don't know if I can hang on until the end, specially after the loss of the retired's veteran home. Do people usually get these resources nearby the survivors starting position?

Top Bottom