1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Escape From Zombie Island 2 ready for public consumption

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by KingArthur, Apr 13, 2004.

1. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

Could you also update the victory conditions for each faction in the civilopedia text? :D

2. Phant

Phant ShadowStalker

YES!!! The company is by far the easiest faction to win the game as, even when the zombies have wiped out all the other factions.

Gonna play the lastest version and see if i can finally win as the survivors

3. vurt

vurt Chieftain

howdy civfans.

KingArthur, your scenario looks way cool but for some reason I'm not able to load it. I installed it as instructed; no dice.

I'm running Civ Complete--do I still need to install the 1.22 patch for Conquests? And if so, where should I be installing that patch? (I'm not the most tech-prone of folks, and am somewhat leery of crashing ye olde hard drive.)

Sorry to trouble you.

4. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

Hi vurt ... the 1.22 patch installs automatically ...

Check to see if you are installing game into correct location ...
    Civ/Conquests/Scenarios/Escape form Zombie Island 2
    Civ/Conquests/Scenarios/Escape form Zombie Island 2.biq

5. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Chieftain

Really? That's weird. I played the new version as the company on regent, and even though I was stronger than the other factions by the time I started losing, I still could not hold off the zombie hordes. I've managed to do fairly well as the survivors, and extremely well as the authorites, who I believe are the easiest because of their guard units and the balanced fast moving swat units. You just have to hold onto the hospital until you can rush your swat units out. :king:

Anyway, It all started going down hill as the company at about the beginning of the 3rd year. I'll look it up exactly what turn it was.

EDIT: ok, by week 2, 2006 (turn 106) things started getting to the point where I had to just hole up in my cities because I couldn't expand anymore. By week 29 (turn 133), I had lost 5 cities. By week 41 (turn 145) I was the only one left with 3 cities (survivors died first, then authorities). I lost 8 turns later. So... that's turn 153.

6. Spetznaz

Spetznaz Warlord

someone should try to find new generic sounds for the EFZI 2,I'm pretty tired for hearing bird sounds in a zombie scenario :rolleyes: ,also someone could make the terrain a little darker,just to make some desperate feeling.

7. vurt

vurt Chieftain

mm hmm, installed 1.22 and then unzipped the EFZI mod in the conquests/scenarios folder. EFZI did not show up on the CivConquests menu. Some poking around revealed that the .biq for EFZI ended up in the EFZI folder created by the unzipping process.

So I moved the EZFI .biq up a tier (to where you note it belongs) and huzzah, it showed up on the CivConquests menu--however, when I tried to load it I got the following error message:

missing entry in "scenarios\.. \Conquests\WW II in the Pacific\text\PediaIcons.txt": TECH-starting.

wtf yo? Have the zombies already taken over my computer? I think I can hear them in there.

braaains..... help please.

---
    ps so I infer from yer handle that you're a Lovecraft fan--has anyone done a Chthulhu mod yet?

8. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

have you thought about changing the music? i don't know if this would be a breach of copyright or something, but you could record rifts of music from zombie movies to add to the atmosphere. doesnt even have to be zombie movies, just something dark and moody. i guess this would increase the download size quite a lot, tho right?

9. Plotinus

Plotinus Philosopher Super Moderator

You can always add the music as an optional extra download.

Of course, it *would* be very illegal just to hack music out of films. But I'm sure there's legal stuff floating around that could be used.

10. bkwrm79

bkwrm79 Prince

My experiences have been similar. I find it possible to win as either the Survivors or the Authorities, although quite challenging, but so far winning as the Company is beyond my talents. Indeed, I very much doubt I've lasted 153 turns. I outlasted the other factions, but each time I'm over-run before I can get the ***** into mass production.

Hmm... birds... guess the Zombies wouldn't bother them, would they? Although now that we have Zombie Bats knocking F-16s out of the sky, who knows? :lol:

To think I was surprised when a bat rammed my frisbee in mid-flight... nothing compared to what those poor pilots must experience! (I was using a black frisbee... I think the bat tried to mate with it or something.)

11. fe3333au

fe3333au Deity

@ Vurt ... Cthulhu mod ... don't get me excited ... I'd have a heart attack :p

In regards to atmosphere ... i agree totally with Spetznaz ... tweeting birds and butterflies is just NOT right ... nor would the howling of wolves ...

IIRC, the guy who is working on a Fallout mod was talking about wind and the odd tin can rolling ...

This would be good ... the occasional banging door would also be cool ... I'll look around ... what format is required?

12. Spetznaz

Spetznaz Warlord

They just have to be in wav.format,perhaps some one could even record these sounds.
    Some Zombie voices and survivors screaming would be good.
    I think that the Haunted House sounds from Sim City 3000 unlimited would be ok,but how to extract them... :(

13. JuuL

JuuL Creator of

There's some dark terrain included with PtW (or C3C?).. I think it's called "European Terrain Mod" or something like that... I don't know why though :rolleyes:
    Also, I've been working on a darker version of the city graphics for some other mod that I never really began making anyway. But it won't take me long to finish the graphics... do you want them, KingArthur?

14. KingArthur

KingArthur Searching for the Holy Grail

If you post a link in here I'll take a look at them.

Oh and I'd love some ambient sounds for this scenario, I mentioned this before, screaming, cars screeching, gun fire, small explosions etc. So if you dig any up fe3333au then please post the links.

thanks guys.

@Vurt. I just read and replied to your PM 5 mins ago.

15. KingArthur

Here is the promised update. I haven't posted it on page 1 because I need some people to test it first.

This update includes the Company's space race victory as well as the other 13 or so changes I announced a few posts back (I've even updated the pedia text with the victory conditions fe3333au ;) ) Just copy the file to the scenarios folder and unzip from there.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Escape_From_Zombie_Island_2_Update.zip

16. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

i just downloaded the new trial version and something i noticed straight away when i opened it in the editor was that the urban terrain is not there. residential property look like the original volcanoes and the roads are... boring red roads. was this intensional to decrease the download size? or did you just forget ;):)

17. Cloner4000

Cloner4000 Call of Duty

Hi, I had played the orginal version of the game, but for the new version I can't load it because it say something like error "Hawkins" file not found. I think I need to download the file on that character of something like that.

I really like this map I think it's fun. hehe

18. KingArthur

No this update does not replace the terrain. I hope that when it unzips it just copies the new files instead of overwriting the exisiting folders. To be on the safe side unzip to a different location and copy the files over manually.

19. KingArthur

Vurt

Could it be that the WW2 scenario is in a different location or has a different name? If so you can open the scenario file in the editor. Click on the "Scenario" menu and select "Scenario Properties". Now change the "Scenario Search Folders" box and change the path to the WWII scenario. Alternatively, delete the path to WWII altogether and copy the WWII Paratrooper unit across to the units folder contained under Escape From Zombie Island 2\Art\Units folder.

20. KingArthur

It should say Hawking and all the files should be there in the download(?)..

thanks