Escape From Zombie Island 2 ready for public consumption

Interesting Horror Site Here
>
>Grave Revelation is OK
>Ode to Vlad
>
Don't know about copywrite as they have virtually all of H.P.Lovecraft's Stories

But the best ambient music I think is Here ... I think that this guy would probably be cool with us using it ... it is Zombie after all ... infact i got the link from the original Civ3 Escape From Zombie Island ...

Let me know ... and I'll try contacting him

I took the liberty to send an e-mail to James Farr, the creator of the animated zombie series see the bottom link of my above post ... he agrees to supply it ... it is in mp3 format so someone may need to convert ... so thanks to james we now have access to an ominous atmospheric music loop ... if we want it ...

Will need to acredit ... so I'm thinking in the Read Me ... but also in the description of the Cinema which could have been playing his animated Zombie Flick before disaster hit ... if you havn't already check it out ...

I think maybe that
the military base can produce free units or produce veteran units
The airport can have some kind of supply drop or produce more supplies
The retirement home can produce vet. unit from listening the old men's war stries :p
I agree that city car party to produce more shield.
How about fast food join, make it produce more food?
I agree that church can make people content and happy.
This is werid how about making graveyard reduce waste in other city cause they can burry dead people there?? :confused:
Anyway just a few opinions

ahh, but are the dead people really dead ;)?

i watched 'dawn of the dead' (with three rather attractive girls, i recommend that you ALL try this :D), and all the people who get bitten turn into zombies.

but those are all good ideas, cloner :), but what about the fast food joint creating some pollution as well (ie. all those empty, greasy hamburger boxes and soft drink containers)

@ KingArthur: i just found a really cool unit by thorgrimm in the fallout mod page. it is the mutant melee unit and is at the bottom of page 1. it would be great (i think) as some kind of zombie. the only problem is, i don't think he's released it yet :(. but maybe if we are really nice...

the link is here

Wow, nice one. I don't have the tools or skill to convert it but if we post it in creation and customisation some generous soul will surely offer.

fe3333au said:
I took the liberty to send an e-mail to James Farr, the creator of the animated zombie series see the bottom link of my above post ... he agrees to supply it ... it is in mp3 format so someone may need to convert ... so thanks to james we now have access to an ominous atmospheric music loop ... if we want it ...

Will need to acredit ... so I'm thinking in the Read Me ... but also in the description of the Cinema which could have been playing his animated Zombie Flick before disaster hit ... if you havn't already check it out ...

Nice suggestions on the building wonders guys. I especially like the pollution producing fast food joint. And if I could make such a building produce units with -1HP I would give it that feature too.

Adding to the previous suggestions for building "wonders":
-allow building armies from military base
-1 content face from customer service because they live to serve :)
-pretty much anything from Mr Tokugawa's house, maybe happy faces because his house has a wicked home theater system?

LizardmenRule! said:
ahh, but are the dead people really dead ?
We can put steel covers on their coffins so they can't get out ;)

Also, I'm finishing a game with the Survivors and I like the changes very much :goodjob:.

Don't make armies ... I feel that it would be too unfair ... and then the army graphic won't fit ...

Also isn't pollution deadbodies? ... so maybe the hospital can produce deadbodies through morgue overflow ...

Re: Thorgrimm ... he is sending his 'deserted' soundscape to replace the owls ... which we can use until KingArthur or someone cuts one which gunshots, screams and barking ... my point however is that he freely agreed to help us ... maybe he will again ... I will also send him the link for the 'atmospheric music' to use if he wants ...

Yeah that would nice. I thought it would be a case of copying the Sounds\ambience Sfx directory and replacing the files in there. When I tried this last night I couldn't hear any of the sounds. I'll try again tonight but it might not be as straightforward as I expected.

fe3333au said:
Don't make armies ... I feel that it would be too unfair ... and then the army graphic won't fit ...

Also isn't pollution deadbodies? ... so maybe the hospital can produce deadbodies through morgue overflow ...

Re: Thorgrimm ... he is sending his 'deserted' soundscape to replace the owls ... which we can use until KingArthur or someone cuts one which gunshots, screams and barking ... my point however is that he freely agreed to help us ... maybe he will again ... I will also send him the link for the 'atmospheric music' to use if he wants ...

I just had a great time playing the scenario on monarch level (got trounced a few times on emperor level).

First I took the cemetery, then the garage and the hospital (I was hoping the off-site healing would be a boon, but my medical supplies ran out the next turn; doh!).

Next, I worked my way east along the soutern edge (last time I made the mistake of taking the church and wasting a ton of time trying to take the research lab), taking the candy store, the DIY, and the factory, reinforcing all my cities with hand-made tanks.

By that time I had mean machines and just blitzed my way to the aiport.

The Hero and Mr & Ms Tokugawa made it our alive. A classic end to a great scenario. I take my hat off to KingArthur. :goodjob:

Yes, Dafiden has just about given the blueprint for how to win as the Survivors. :) I love how the Zombies concentrate in the centre of the city while you 'slip by'. ;) Taking out the Graveyard and keeping the Hospital out of Zombie hands is important too... those auto-produced scum can wipe you out quick! I have yet to play them with the Dogs/Bats in play though, that might change things. I salute anyone who has ever gotten Heavy teams, I have yet to get a unit adjacent to the Armoury, much less able to attack it. :sad: That is one uphill climb...

KingArthur, what files do I need to copy over to avoid messing up the graphics with the new version? I like my roads they way they are! (the blacktop ones. :) )

well, since both the company and survivor have a seperate victory I think authority should have some kind of special victory for them. :confused: Well I know they had a strong military but they should had something special...I have no ideas though.

Oh yeah is it possible for people to BUILD nurses, I don't mean the zombie one, but normal one that can heal people? I think it might be a good idea.Pf cprase you need to control the hospital first to do that. :crazyeye:

Cloner4000 said:
well, since both the company and survivor have a seperate victory I think authority should have some kind of special victory for them. :confused: Well I know they had a strong military but they should had something special...I have no ideas though.

Oh yeah is it possible for people to BUILD nurses, I don't mean the zombie one, but normal one that can heal people? I think it might be a good idea.Pf cprase you need to control the hospital first to do that. :crazyeye:

The nurses I don't think can be done in Civ3 ... pity :sad:

The only reason the Company got another victory type was to give them the ability to actually win ... prior to that it was virtually impossible ... Authorities job is to cleanse the mess ... so domination victory is logical ... Anyone on the island is a risk ... so kill em all :goodjob:

Sasebo said:
KingArthur, what files do I need to copy over to avoid messing up the graphics with the new version? I like my roads they way they are! (the blacktop ones. :) )
One way is to unzip the update zip to a different folder and copy over the unzipped files manually to the Escape From Zombie Island 2 folder. Otherwise you can wait for the next full update which I plan to do tomorrow.

fe3333au is correct about the nurses, however, The Hospital Great Wonder works in the same way as Battlefield Medicine - allowing you to heal in enemy territory. The Authorities too have their own "special" win which involves nuking the buildings taking out the opponent's king units for a regicide win or simply wiping everyone out -it's hard to tell who' infected and who isn't.

Cloner4000 said:

Top Bottom